Bernie Sanders: Fidel Castro has done positive things

He's right, the Castros have done "good things" with medicine and education in Cuba ; what he didn't say was they managed to pretty much destroy the rest of the Cuban Economy and nearly eliminate individual liberty for the Cuban Citizenry in the process.

Typical politician speak... cherry picking half truths.

Casrto destroyed the Cuban Economy? Just pretend the 55 year economic war we've been waging on Cuba had nothing to do with that...

Communism fails every time. PERIOD.

Look--if you think hard enough, you can find something positive in a pile of manure.

Even so, you should not go diving into each and every pile of manure.

In the Univision debate Sanders said that "When pressed by Salinas, he said that "it would be wrong not to state" that the Castros have done good things with medicine and education. And that Cuba has undergone a positive revolution "in terms of values".

Bernie Sanders declines to retract positive statements on Fidel Castro

I don't think these Millennials that have garnered all this support to this nursing home candidate know who Castro is or what he did.

He killed thousands of people, threw thousands more in prison, confiscated homes and wealth, burned books, killed scientists and educators. 100's of thousands got on life rafts to try and make it 90 miles to the Florida coast, many died in that attempt. Since Castro, Cuba and it's citizens have lived in total poverty.

And this nut case praises him.

Last edited:
Look--if you think hard enough, you can find something positive in a pile of manure.

Even so, you should not go diving into each and every pile of manure.

I know, I 'm sure there were some positives with the Yugo.... but still, it was a Yugo.

He's right, the Castros have done "good things" with medicine and education in Cuba ; what he didn't say was they managed to pretty much destroy the rest of the Cuban Economy and nearly eliminate individual liberty for the Cuban Citizenry in the process.

Casrto destroyed the Cuban Economy? Just pretend the 55 year economic war we've been waging on Cuba had nothing to do with that...

it has nothing to do with it. -----castro did the communist thing and it did not
work out any better for Cuba than did the "play with capitalists" thing did for the
population of Cuba

Malcolm Bricklin, he of the Bricklin SV1, wouldn't be satisfied until he had forced every American to walk to work. To that end, in 1985, he began importing the Yugo GV, which turned out to be the Mona Lisa of bad cars. Built in Soviet-bloc Yugoslavia, the Yugo had the distinct feeling of something assembled at gunpoint. Interestingly, in a car where "carpet" was listed as a standard feature, the Yugo had a rear-window defroster — reportedly to keep your hands warm while you pushed it. The engines went ka-blooey, the electrical system — such as it was — would sizzle, and things would just fall off. Yugo. Or not

In the Univision debate Sanders said that "When pressed by Salinas, he said that "it would be wrong not to state" that the Castros have done good things with medicine and education. And that Cuba has undergone a positive revolution "in terms of values".

Bernie Sanders declines to retract positive statements on Fidel Castro

What politician in their right mind would ever use a brutal Dictator like Fidel Castro who killed thousands of people as an example of free health care & education? It's the equivalent of saying that Sadam Husien was a good guy.

Fidel Castro killed scientists and educators when he took over the country. He burned books. He confiscated property and wealth. He killed and killed, then he put thousands in prison to spend the rest of their lives in.

Cuba in the 1940's was a hot vacation spot for Americans to visit. This country was thriving, and after Castro, the citizens of Cuba live in abject poverty, and many are still trying to cross an ocean, to free themselves of it, and they often die in the attempt.

Well, I guess we can say that Hillary Clinton is going to clobber this nursing home candidate in Florida.

be.jpg

Maybe Fidel Castro's plan is what Bernie Sanders wants to do in this country.

no pirates as far as I know------I also met some guy who FLEW Batista out of Cuba---
is that not interesting? It was long ago and the man had utter disdain for
Batista-----I knew nothing about the history of Cuba at that time

Holy shit, you seem to be next to all these famous people and the world never noticed you.

You're like Forest Gump.

What politician in their right mind would ever use a brutal Dictator like Fidel Castro who killed thousands of people as an example of free health care & education? It's the equivalent of saying that Sadam Husien was a good guy.

Exactly, who would say Saddam Hussein was a good guy?

handshake300.jpg

Fidel Castro killed scientists and educators when he took over the country. He burned books. He confiscated property and wealth. He killed and killed, then he put thousands in prison to spend the rest of their lives in.

Cuba in the 1940's was a hot vacation spot for Americans to visit. This country was thriving, and after Castro, the citizens of Cuba live in abject poverty, and many are still trying to cross an ocean, to free themselves of it, and they often die in the attempt.

Obviously, you don't understand Cuban history. When Castro took over, 75% of the arable land was owned by foreigners while MOST Cubans lived in abject poverty.

The fact that Cuba was an awesome place to visit didn't mean you wanted to live there. That's why Cubans revolted against Batista. That's why they've continued to support the Castros after we've spent 55 years punishing them for rejecting us.

We are like the stalker girlfriend who keeps drunk dialing when we need to fucking move on.

drunk-dialing-gif.gif

"CASTRO, YOU COMMIE BASTARD!!!"

no pirates as far as I know------I also met some guy who FLEW Batista out of Cuba---
is that not interesting? It was long ago and the man had utter disdain for
Batista-----I knew nothing about the history of Cuba at that time

Holy shit, you seem to be next to all these famous people and the world never noticed you.

You're like Forest Gump.

I do not even remember the man's name. My only encounter with that person was
in an inner city hospital emergency room. You never know what that human
on the Gurney is going to be. If some orderly in a hospital in Texas told you----
"I wheeled the body of JFK to the morgue"------would you comment so idiotically?

gee you are dim

Forum List

Back