Bernie Goldberg: We should build a monument to the rich!

You know.....for all you people that are saying that being poor is a "choice"........lemmie ask ya sumpin'......

Did all those people who trusted Madoff with their money deserve to be poor as well?

Ummmm...... Bernie broke the law because it wasn't a government sponsored ponzi scheme. So in other words, No they did not choose to be poor. They were robbed of their money.

Now, if its a government run ponzi scheme like social security, then and only then is it OK for people to be robbed of their money.

The whole economy is a ponzi scheme. Nonetheless, SS is a "ponzi scheme" with a $ 3 trillion+ surplus.

Yeah, a surplus with a liability in the tens of trillions $$$$!!!!!

This article says 59 trillion $$$ of unfunded liabilities and this article is from 2007!!!!!
Don't believe the huffington post when they say, "Don't worry. SS is perfectly solvent!"

Yeah right:cuckoo:
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2007-05-28-federal-budget_N.htm

Ummmm...... Bernie broke the law because it wasn't a government sponsored ponzi scheme. So in other words, No they did not choose to be poor. They were robbed of their money.

Now, if its a government run ponzi scheme like social security, then and only then is it OK for people to be robbed of their money.

The whole economy is a ponzi scheme. Nonetheless, SS is a "ponzi scheme" with a $ 3 trillion+ surplus.

Yeah, a surplus with a liability in the tens of trillions $$$$!!!!!

This article says 59 trillion $$$ of unfunded liabilities and this article is from 2007!!!!!
Don't believe the huffington post when they say, "Don't worry. SS is perfectly solvent!"

Yeah right:cuckoo:
Taxpayers on the hook for $59 trillion - USATODAY.com

Why link to a statement of the general government fund? We all know it has a $1.3t deficit this year... THAT's not what we're talking about.

Fact: If Social Security had never existed, and all other taxation and spending was identical, the federal debt would be more than $3 trillion higher.

It's not from the 'huffington post,' it's just the way it is. Sorry, I know it's devastating to righty wackaloons who've been told SS is somehow part of our problem.

Awesome use of drunk posting, dude!

^5

:lol:
Your deflection beats trying to engage me, I'll give you that.

Engage you in what? It certainly isn't debate....

^5

Well, I'm not entirely clear on why you chimed in with your silliness to begin with, but it began with my mocking of CG, who asserted that ANYONE who thinks the upper echelons are unjustly enriched and the middle class is being fleeced... Well, they MUST be just brimming over with class envy, and in fact, failures at life.

You interrupted my rant, leading me to believe you must agree with CG. So have at it Hoss.

:lol:
Your deflection beats trying to engage me, I'll give you that.

^5

Well, I'm not entirely clear on why you chimed in with your silliness to begin with, but it began with my mocking of CG, who asserted that ANYONE who thinks the upper echelons are unjustly enriched and the middle class is being fleeced... Well, they MUST be just brimming over with class envy, and in fact, failures at life.

You interrupted my rant, leading me to believe you must agree with CG. So have at it Hoss.

So you ARE drunk....

^5 asshole....

Watching the news this evening, I saw a bit of a fucked up story. Seems that FAUX Nooze contributer Bernie Goldberg believes that we should build a monument to the rich.

What's his reasoning? He seems to think that it's the tax cuts for the rich that is saving the economy.

As soon as I can get a link for this story, I will post it here.

What do the rest of you think?

I think that America is/was a great nation in spite of the rich, not because of them.

why? because upward mobility sucks? come on dude.

I asked you a question you didn't answer in the other thread, and since you hounded me I'm going to do the same.

Is the gap between rich and poor a sign of America's greatness? Does America's greatness increase along with the increase in that gap?

^5

So you ARE drunk....

^5 asshole....

You made the right choice. Run along now.

actually those robber barons weren't so robber baronish...yes there were a few who were greedy, self serving and didn't give a wit for anyone but themselves but I bet you can find a Banana republic owner who does same...or a doctor, or a Birkenstock's franchise owner.....of course you'll also find many many more whom gave much and cared a great deal.

No of course not. That's why all the advances of the American workers' fortunes never required any semblance of a struggle.:lol:

Jesus mary joseph you are a dimwit.

I think that America is/was a great nation in spite of the rich, not because of them.

why? because upward mobility sucks? come on dude.

I asked you a question you didn't answer in the other thread, and since you hounded me I'm going to do the same.

Is the gap between rich and poor a sign of America's greatness? Does America's greatness increase along with the increase in that gap?

So you're asking him to explain the correlation between apples and oranges....

Awesome, fat dude....

So you ARE drunk....

^5 asshole....

You spelled 'lumber' wrong.

So you ARE drunk....

^5 asshole....

You should sober up instead...

So, who is it who has the foresight, industry, intelligence and drive to build a company that provides a good living to ordinary people? Is it the guy working behind the counter at 7/11? Or would it be that clever guy who got rich after taking risks and busting his buns?

Forum List

Back