Berkeley's students are an embarrassment to progressivism

Berkeley's students are an embarrassment to progressivism
Quite the contrary, the Berkley students in question exemplify progressivism, apparently it's looking into mirrors that embarrass some progressives.:cool:
Well, that's why I keep liberals and progressives separate...

Good idea Mac, given that they're complete opposites.

Besides if you don't keep them separated they might inter-breed which would produce something like a cross between Thomas Jefferson (a liberal) and Chairman Mao (a progressive).... a combination that would surely tear a gigantic hole in the space-time fabric.

The rightwing is right when they say those Berkeley student protestors are snowflakes. It's amazing to me how college students rarely have any self-awareness to how hypocritical and nauseating they come across a lot of the time. I do stress, however, that these college students don't represent the leftwing - they are just wannabe lefties.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- "The Friends of Voltaire"
No one is trying to silence Coulter. She can go spew her bs on any countless other forums. That community does not want her speaking, they do not have to host her.
When will the right stop crying about this? Have Coulter get on infowars and you freaks can all watch her exercise her free speech together. That is a much more appropriate forum for her type of ideology.

Part of the "community" is who invited her. Its the reason she is speaking there. Just because the Campus Republicans are small in number doesn't void their right and ability to invite speakers on campus.

So basically you are saying the majority controls who can speak and who can't?
Yes. That's how it usually works. The majority rules. Unless there is like a stupid electoral college in place, in this instance there is not.
Those 100 berkley republicans can log into breitbart to listen to their vile sewage.

The whole idea of a constitutional republic, especially ours, is to protect the rights of a minority. We are not a government of mob rule, you blithering idiot.

The rightwing is right when they say those Berkeley student protestors are snowflakes. It's amazing to me how college students rarely have any self-awareness to how hypocritical and nauseating they come across a lot of the time. I do stress, however, that these college students don't represent the leftwing - they are just wannabe lefties.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

No one is trying to silence Coulter. She can go spew her bs on any countless other forums. That community does not want her speaking, they do not have to host her.
When will the right stop crying about this? Have Coulter get on infowars and you freaks can all watch her exercise her free speech together. That is a much more appropriate forum for her type of ideology.

Part of the "community" is who invited her. Its the reason she is speaking there. Just because the Campus Republicans are small in number doesn't void their right and ability to invite speakers on campus.

Yes. That's how it usually works. The majority rules. Unless there is like a stupid electoral college in place, in this instance there is not.
Those 100 berkley republicans can log into breitbart to listen to their vile sewage.

The whole idea of a constitutional republic, especially ours, is to protect the rights of a minority. We are not a government of mob rule, you blithering idiot.
They only care about that fact when they're the minority.

Otherwise, do as they say, or you'll pay the price.

They are not an embarrassment to progressives...they are exactly what progressivism creates......they should be proud that they achieved exactly what their beliefs were meant to achieve...a bunch of dependent...reliable, democrat voters.

The sad thing is most of them don't even realize how fascist they have become.

Sad thing is most of you guys couldn't identify fascism if you sent them to the WH..... Oh, shit........

Gotta disagree. They are EXACTLY what the progressive movement is.

Since when? Since bitching/moaning/crying white men became the minority. :banana::banana::banana:

Sad thing is most of you guys couldn't identify fascism if you sent them to the WH..... Oh, shit........

Ugh, that old gag.

Who has Trump Silenced?

Where are the jackbooted TrumpTroopers ruining progressive rallies like the march for political science?

I'm not quite sure. Look at how they respond - "too bad". Not a reasonable explanation of their behaviors, or even an admission that they really don't support freedom of expression.

That makes me suspect they know what they're doing is wrong, at least at some level.

Since when? Since bitching/moaning/crying white men became the minority. :banana::banana::banana:

Since forever.

I guess its time to play "who's sock is Aries", or "who is Aries actually, and what other board did he/she/it get kicked off of"?

I'm not quite sure. Look at how they respond - "too bad". Not a reasonable explanation of their behaviors, or even an admission that they really don't support freedom of expression.

That makes me suspect they know what they're doing is wrong, at least at some level.

Methinks you give most of them too much credit.

The leaders realize what they are doing. The lemmings? Nope.

Yeah, could be.

Methinks Universities don't have to host people who their community doesn't want to see. Coulter has plenty of other more appropriate forums, no one is silencing her. When will the faux tears from faux constitutionalists stop?

Methinks Universities don't have to host people who their community doesn't want to see. Coulter has plenty of other more appropriate forums, no one is silencing her. When will the faux tears from faux constitutionalists stop?
If you don't want to see her, don't go.

Kinda like "if you don't want abortions, don't have one".

Does that make any sense to you, on any level?

Berkeley has a student population of 40,000. What percentage of them engaged in illegal protest related activities?

1%? Half a percent? A tenth of a percent?

You do know they invited her?

It was a debate class..

Coulter doesn't seek out these venues on any sort of intellectual idea based outreach. She seeks them out for their potential to become lucrative publicity stunts.

You do know they invited her?

It was a debate class..

Could you tell us what the course is? Who the professor is?

Forum List

Back