Ben Carson Was A Vegetarian When He Was Robbed At Popeyes Chicken

Let me get this straight...

Did you just argue that Marion Barry smoking crack is evidence to support Carson's honesty?

I think he disappeared when asked to clarify the VA statement.

Not everyone has 24/7 to spend here, I come and go like, normal people. I talked to a vet in the Houston VA hospital that was denied a knee replacement because of his age, they told him he didn't meet the maobamacare guides and will have to survive on high speed drugs for the pain. Clear enough?

Vets like everyone else don't get to diagnose and prescribe their own treatments. He may have a knee problem but obviously his health care practitioner doesn't agree with that course of treatment. The VA does not use any other guidelines but its own and you can have the VA exclusively or in conjunction with your own health insurance or Medicare. Whatever the fellows problem was it wasn't because of an Obamacare guideline,

The guy told me his orthopedic surgeon said he needed a knee replacement but couldn't do it because of his age and maobamacare guides, you want to call him a liar, I'm not.

If it's 'guidelines', they'd be in writing. Post them.

I told you what he guy said, you want to refute it, be my guest. I'm not your research assistant.

I think he disappeared when asked to clarify the VA statement.

Not everyone has 24/7 to spend here, I come and go like, normal people. I talked to a vet in the Houston VA hospital that was denied a knee replacement because of his age, they told him he didn't meet the maobamacare guides and will have to survive on high speed drugs for the pain. Clear enough?

Vets like everyone else don't get to diagnose and prescribe their own treatments. He may have a knee problem but obviously his health care practitioner doesn't agree with that course of treatment. The VA does not use any other guidelines but its own and you can have the VA exclusively or in conjunction with your own health insurance or Medicare. Whatever the fellows problem was it wasn't because of an Obamacare guideline,

The guy told me his orthopedic surgeon said he needed a knee replacement but couldn't do it because of his age and maobamacare guides, you want to call him a liar, I'm not.

If it's 'guidelines', they'd be in writing. Post them.

I told you what he guy said, you want to refute it, be my guest. I'm not your research assistant.

There's nothing to refute. The VA and the ACA are completely separate and no guideline exists that binds them together.

74 he could live another 10-20 years.

I'm thinking that the condition of his health precluded an operation. My mother had a knee replacement at 89 and the VA spends the people's money freely. I'm pretty sure without knowing, the only way this guy was in a pinch was because of his health.

Without knowing, keywords.

That's why I threw them in there. No one knows why the guy was denied except the fact that there is no ACA VA relationship at all. The VA gives extraordinary care and disabled vets get really good treatment. The bet answer for my thinking is that the guy wouldn't survive an operation and I can't think of any other reason he was denied.

Lots of proof about how poor the care there is. So I dispute the idea of really good treatment.

Yes there are facilities under the gun we've all read about them. The VA has undergone a lot and they have had a new Secretary in charge for the last two years. Change is evident and progressing and I see many more positive things now than a couple years ago.

I haven't seen any difference, it is still long waits.

I'm thinking that the condition of his health precluded an operation. My mother had a knee replacement at 89 and the VA spends the people's money freely. I'm pretty sure without knowing, the only way this guy was in a pinch was because of his health.

That's why I threw them in there. No one knows why the guy was denied except the fact that there is no ACA VA relationship at all. The VA gives extraordinary care and disabled vets get really good treatment. The bet answer for my thinking is that the guy wouldn't survive an operation and I can't think of any other reason he was denied.

Lots of proof about how poor the care there is. So I dispute the idea of really good treatment.

Yes there are facilities under the gun we've all read about them. The VA has undergone a lot and they have had a new Secretary in charge for the last two years. Change is evident and progressing and I see many more positive things now than a couple years ago.

I was just there on the 6th and they told me that if my appointment went past a 10 minute wait that I needed to report it so I could me brought in right away. I noticed right away that some people were missing and others seemed very conscious of meeting deadlines. It told me that someone is taking this seriously.

How old was the guy?

You're making assumptions, all I have is the his word, it was a casual conversation, I don't see any reason for him not to tell the truth.

I was just there on the 6th and they told me that if my appointment went past a 10 minute wait that I needed to report it so I could me brought in right away. I noticed right away that some people were missing and others seemed very conscious of meeting deadlines. It told me that someone is taking this seriously.

Glad you are having a positive visit. I haven't seen a difference.

How old was the guy?

You're making assumptions, all I have is the his word, it was a casual conversation, I don't see any reason for him not to tell the truth.

I really don't care because we can't know the facts. We do know that there is nothing that binds the ACA to VA Health Care. So it doesn't matter except for the circular argument it created.

How old was the guy?

I can't agree, my care has had fewer problems than my wife has had with Tricare. My care in the Houston VA has been pretty good from general care to heart surgery.

Glad you are having a positive visit. I haven't seen a difference.

Oh I have had my adventures for sure, before this I was getting appointment 60 days out I got so fed up I tried using that Veterans Choice program and the results were very fast and completely wrong. I got an appointment 100 miles from home and then I got another appointment right away at a place close to home that had a reputation better than the Mayo Clinic, but was for cataracts which I don't have. Duh

So it seems possible Ben Carson is either crazy or a liar. The police department can't find the report of a robbery and Ben Carson was supposedly a vegetarian thirty years ago, what gives?

"In the days following Ben Carson’s claim that he once survived being held at gunpoint at a Popeyes chicken restaurant by telling the gunman to target the cashier instead of himself, the nation has grappled with whether to believe his story. The Baltimore Police Department says it can find no records to support his claim, even though the restaurant chain would certainly have filed a police report after a robbery. Now it turns out Carson was a vegetarian at the time – so why would he have been at a chicken restaurant?

In keeping with the times, Popeyes has added vegetarian dishes to its menu. But the Ben Carson camp alternately claims that the robbery happened either “thirty” or “more than thirty” years ago, and at that time the restaurant chain simply offered chicken. If this were the only suspicious part of Ben Carson’s robbery story, one might be tempted to explain it away by suggesting that perhaps he merely stopped in to use the restroom. But within the larger context of the story, it increasingly appears that he may have simply made up the story in an effort to justify his earlier comments about America needing more guns to fight back against gunmen. The story gets even stranger.

Ben Carson’s business manager attempted to confirm the truthfulness of the robbery story by claiming that Carson had included the details about it in his book, Take The Risk. But those who have read the book have confirmed that it makes no mention of such an incident. Throw in the police not being able to find any evidence of the robbery, and his increasingly bizarre claims about the Holocaust, no wonder have come to seriously ask whether Ben Carson may be suffering from a mental illness"
Ben Carson was a vegetarian at the time he claims to have been robbed at Popeyes Chicken

I'm a vegetarian, and I went to McDonalds a few months back. I didn't buy anything, I went with someone else who wanted to buy something. I did tell them how much crap they were buying though.

So it seems possible Ben Carson is either crazy or a liar. The police department can't find the report of a robbery and Ben Carson was supposedly a vegetarian thirty years ago, what gives?

"In the days following Ben Carson’s claim that he once survived being held at gunpoint at a Popeyes chicken restaurant by telling the gunman to target the cashier instead of himself, the nation has grappled with whether to believe his story. The Baltimore Police Department says it can find no records to support his claim, even though the restaurant chain would certainly have filed a police report after a robbery. Now it turns out Carson was a vegetarian at the time – so why would he have been at a chicken restaurant?

In keeping with the times, Popeyes has added vegetarian dishes to its menu. But the Ben Carson camp alternately claims that the robbery happened either “thirty” or “more than thirty” years ago, and at that time the restaurant chain simply offered chicken. If this were the only suspicious part of Ben Carson’s robbery story, one might be tempted to explain it away by suggesting that perhaps he merely stopped in to use the restroom. But within the larger context of the story, it increasingly appears that he may have simply made up the story in an effort to justify his earlier comments about America needing more guns to fight back against gunmen. The story gets even stranger.

Ben Carson’s business manager attempted to confirm the truthfulness of the robbery story by claiming that Carson had included the details about it in his book, Take The Risk. But those who have read the book have confirmed that it makes no mention of such an incident. Throw in the police not being able to find any evidence of the robbery, and his increasingly bizarre claims about the Holocaust, no wonder have come to seriously ask whether Ben Carson may be suffering from a mental illness"
Ben Carson was a vegetarian at the time he claims to have been robbed at Popeyes Chicken

I'm a vegetarian, and I went to McDonalds a few months back. I didn't buy anything, I went with someone else who wanted to buy something. I did tell them how much crap they were buying though.

Yes, I am not a fan of McDonald's and I went in there just a week ago to grab an ice tea and decided to try the Buttermilk chicken sandwich. When I got the thing I had to look twice because it looked like it had been run over by a car and tasted as bad. I tossed it and the drink and went elsewhere.

Yes, I am not a fan of McDonald's and I went in there just a week ago to grab an ice tea and decided to try the Buttermilk chicken sandwich. When I got the thing I had to look twice because it looked like it had been run over by a car and tasted as bad. I tossed it and the drink and went elsewhere.

I will eat the Egg McMuffin and their garden salad. The rest of the menu I ignore.

Right, that's why vets are being denied surgeries that would greatly improve their quality of life because of their age, using the excuse it's not allowed under maobamacare. That's a real improvement, right?

Isn't that a VA issue?

I don't think you have any idea how far reaching maobamacre is, it touches every facet of healthcare in this country, including VA.

Actually, you're just talking out of your ass.

Forum List

Back