Ben Carson, Huckster, Liar

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was contracted to make a couple of speeches for them which he admitted.

Don't you wish. He made speeches for them since 2004.

So?

He said he was paid to make speeches for them. You morons are trying to make something out of nothing.

I understand you idiots cannot say anything good for your darling Hillary so you must do your best to destroy the opposing side.

Carson lied and was actually paid a lot of money to peddle Mannatech products. He put his name on a bogus product and implied that his cancer symptoms disappeared. People with cancer were vulnerable to those claims and Carson should be ashamed that he put his good name to a fraud.

No he didn't lie and acknowledged he was paid for his speeches.

Speaking of liars, how is Hillary doing?

He had a contract, he was paid to propagandize.

Keep trolling.

carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

Moderator Carl Quintanilla asked:

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Carson, a former pediatric neurosurgeon, replied:

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

The National Review points out:

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

We rate Carson’s claim False.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...s-for-christian-company/#sthash.VdipzqDL.dpuf

Nuhus = Racial bigot. Card carrying member of the KKK.

carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

- See more at: Ben Carson Busted Hustling Bogus Cures For Christian Company

Okay, I watched the entire video. I really can't stand Ben Carson, but there is nothing in that video that he says that promotes this company as an alternative treatment for cancer, not in any way. Talking about eating better quality natural foods to boost one's immune system is nothing new. Nutritionists have been saying that for as long as I can remember, and they are correct. I see zero problem with this when it relates to Ben Carson. Instead of worrying about this non-starter, why not concentrate on his completely unworkable tax plan?

The State of Texas sued Mannatech for $7 million for false advertising, they aceded to the claim and paid $4 million in penalties. Mannatech also funded part of Dr Carson's $2.5 million chair at Johns Hopkins, so the involvement is quite deep and serious.

Don't you wish. He made speeches for them since 2004.

So?

He said he was paid to make speeches for them. You morons are trying to make something out of nothing.

I understand you idiots cannot say anything good for your darling Hillary so you must do your best to destroy the opposing side.

Carson lied and was actually paid a lot of money to peddle Mannatech products. He put his name on a bogus product and implied that his cancer symptoms disappeared. People with cancer were vulnerable to those claims and Carson should be ashamed that he put his good name to a fraud.

No he didn't lie and acknowledged he was paid for his speeches.

Speaking of liars, how is Hillary doing?

He had a contract, he was paid to propagandize.

Keep trolling.
original.jpg

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

Sorry, I'm not Republican.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

Never said you were. Isaid you were a racial bigot and a card carrying member of the KKK.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

Never said you were. Isaid you were a racial bigot and a card carrying member of the KKK.

If I were a racial bigot and a card carrying member of the KKK I'd have to be a Republican.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

If I were a racial bigot and a card carrying member of the KKK I'd have to be a Republican.

OK. You're a skin head then.

Carson said he made speeches. Tho only one lying and making a fool of themselves is you.

You of the demagogue - sociopath party have jettisoned any connection you had with sanity.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

Then you don't know history. The democratic party was and is the racist party.

• Fact: The Republican Party was founded primarily to oppose slavery, and Republicans eventually abolished slavery. The Democratic Party fought them and tried to maintain and expand slavery. The 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery, passed in 1865 with 100% Republican support but only 23% Democrat support in congress.
  • Fact: During the Civil War era, the "Radical Republicans" were given that name because they wanted to not only end slavery but also to endow the freed slaves with full citizenship, equality, and rights.
  • Fact: Lincoln's Vice President, Andrew Johnson, was a strongly pro-Union (but also pro-slavery) Democrat who had been chosen by Lincoln as a compromise running mate to attract Democrats. After Lincoln was assassinated, Johnson thwarted Republican efforts in Congress to recognize the civil rights of the freed slaves, and Southern Democrats continued to thwart any such efforts for close to a century.
  • Fact: The 14th Amendment, giving full citizenship to freed slaves, passed in 1868 with 94% Republican support and 0% Democrat support in congress. The 15th Amendment, giving freed slaves the right to vote, passed in 1870 with 100% Republican support and 0% Democrat support in congress.
  • Fact: The Ku Klux Klan was originally and primarily an arm of the Southern Democratic Party. Its mission was to terrorize freed slaves and "ni**er-loving" (their words) Republicans who sympathized with them.
  • Fact: In the 1950s, President Eisenhower, a Republican, integrated the US military and promoted civil rights for minorities. Eisenhower pushed through the Civil Rights Act of 1957. One of Eisenhower's primary political opponents on civil rights prior to 1957 was none other than Lyndon Johnson, then the Democratic Senate Majority Leader. LBJ had voted the straight segregationist line until he changed his position and supported the 1957 Act.
  • Fact: The historic Civil Rights Act of 1964 was supported by a higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats in both houses of Congress. In the House, 80 percent of the Republicans and 63 percent of the Democrats voted in favor. In the Senate, 82 percent of the Republicans and 69 percent of the Democrats voted for it.
  • Fact: Contrary to popular misconception, the parties never "switched" on racism. The Democrats just switched from overt racism to a subversive strategy of getting blacks as dependent as possible on government to secure their votes. At the same time, they began a cynical smear campaign to label anyone who opposes their devious strategy as greedy racists.

A Short History of Democrats, Republicans, and Racism

Carson said he made speeches. Tho only one lying and making a fool of themselves is you.

You of the demagogue - sociopath party have jettisoned any connection you had with sanity.

Carson's a fucking liar and he got caught doing it. I'm more concerned how he could push something like Mannatech while employed as Chief Neurosurgeon at one of the preeminent hospitals in the United States and how they allowed a company that paid out fraud claims to fund the chair of Ben Carson.

carsonbogus1.png

Politifact concludes:

• Fact: The Republican Party was founded primarily to oppose slavery, and Republicans eventually abolished slavery. The Democratic Party fought them and tried to maintain and expand slavery. The 13th Amendment, abolishing slavery, passed in 1865 with 100% Republican support but only 23% Democrat support in congress.
  • Fact: During the Civil War era, the "Radical Republicans" were given that name because they wanted to not only end slavery but also to endow the freed slaves with full citizenship, equality, and rights.
  • Fact: Lincoln's Vice President, Andrew Johnson, was a strongly pro-Union (but also pro-slavery) Democrat who had been chosen by Lincoln as a compromise running mate to attract Democrats. After Lincoln was assassinated, Johnson thwarted Republican efforts in Congress to recognize the civil rights of the freed slaves, and Southern Democrats continued to thwart any such efforts for close to a century.
  • Fact: The 14th Amendment, giving full citizenship to freed slaves, passed in 1868 with 94% Republican support and 0% Democrat support in congress. The 15th Amendment, giving freed slaves the right to vote, passed in 1870 with 100% Republican support and 0% Democrat support in congress.
  • Fact: The Ku Klux Klan was originally and primarily an arm of the Southern Democratic Party. Its mission was to terrorize freed slaves and "ni**er-loving" (their words) Republicans who sympathized with them.
  • Fact: In the 1950s, President Eisenhower, a Republican, integrated the US military and promoted civil rights for minorities. Eisenhower pushed through the Civil Rights Act of 1957. One of Eisenhower's primary political opponents on civil rights prior to 1957 was none other than Lyndon Johnson, then the Democratic Senate Majority Leader. LBJ had voted the straight segregationist line until he changed his position and supported the 1957 Act.
  • Fact: The historic Civil Rights Act of 1964 was supported by a higher percentage of Republicans than Democrats in both houses of Congress. In the House, 80 percent of the Republicans and 63 percent of the Democrats voted in favor. In the Senate, 82 percent of the Republicans and 69 percent of the Democrats voted for it.
  • Fact: Contrary to popular misconception, the parties never "switched" on racism. The Democrats just switched from overt racism to a subversive strategy of getting blacks as dependent as possible on government to secure their votes. At the same time, they began a cynical smear campaign to label anyone who opposes their devious strategy as greedy racists.

I don't care if you claim that every single Democrat from the era was a paid up Klan member. So what? the goal of your intellectual dishonesty is to claim that all of that progress was done at the will of Republicanism. But guess what? to do that presents you with a paradox that you must also claim that the Republican Party is the party of Liberals and Progressives.

The unfortunate corner you have painted yourself into would make you the opposite of what today's Republican Party stands for in matters of immigration, education, healthcare, gay marriage, income equality. If you stood behind those issues your argument would scale and you would be on the left, you would be advocating changing the status quo. The bottom line here is that you are either claiming the Republican party is Progressive or you are using intellectual dishonesty, and willful ignorance to claim that Democrats were and still are Conservative and racist. Which is it?

It never ceases to amaze me how conservatives love to take credit for things they never did. Liberals freed the slaves, fought for suffrage, got rid of prohibition, promoted education, equality, gay marriage, Social Security, rural electricity and infrastructure, so you fine folks can play the political party shell game all you want, but at the end of it you will find that Liberal/Progressives caused those changes and Conservatives did all in their power to stop those developments. Names change, inherent political will doesn't.

Carson's a fucking liar and he got caught doing it. I'm more concerned how he could push something like Mannatech while employed as Chief Neurosurgeon at one of the preeminent hospitals in the United States and how they allowed a company that paid out fraud claims to fund the chair of Ben Carson.

You're going to have a coronary arrest before even the primaries take place. You are completely terrified.

You're going to have a coronary arrest before even the primaries take place. You are completely terrified.

Ha Ha, You started with 16 candidates and are down to a small handful of viable candidates who don't have a whole lot to offer. You guys are in serious trouble and don't even realize it yet. You have some interesting Governors that could save the day why isn't anyone calling them?

Ha Ha, You started with 16 candidates and are down to a small handful of viable candidates who don't have a whole lot to offer. You guys are in serious trouble and don't even realize it yet. You have some interesting Governors that could save the day why isn't anyone calling them?

Then one would suppose you would be happy instead of being absolutely TERRIFFIED!

Except the company never funded the chair you fool. If they did, where's the evidence? It shouldn't be that difficult.

I don't care if you claim that every single Democrat from the era was a paid up Klan member. So what? the goal of your intellectual dishonesty is to claim that all of that progress was done at the will of Republicanism. But guess what? to do that presents you with a paradox that you must also claim that the Republican Party is the party of Liberals and Progressives.

The unfortunate corner you have painted yourself into would make you the opposite of what today's Republican Party stands for in matters of immigration, education, healthcare, gay marriage, income equality. If you stood behind those issues your argument would scale and you would be on the left, you would be advocating changing the status quo. The bottom line here is that you are either claiming the Republican party is Progressive or you are using intellectual dishonesty, and willful ignorance to claim that Democrats were and still are Conservative and racist. Which is it?

It never ceases to amaze me how conservatives love to take credit for things they never did. Liberals freed the slaves, fought for suffrage, got rid of prohibition, promoted education, equality, gay marriage, Social Security, rural electricity and infrastructure, so you fine folks can play the political party shell game all you want, but at the end of it you will find that Liberal/Progressives caused those changes and Conservatives did all in their power to stop those developments. Names change, inherent political will doesn't.

What it does is make you look like a complete idiot.

Except the company never funded the chair you fool. If they did, where's the evidence? It shouldn't be that difficult.

Well fool, here is a video of Ben Carson saying they funded his chair. A Mystery in Ben Carson’s Ties With Supplement Maker Mannatech

Then one would suppose you would be happy instead of being absolutely TERRIFFIED!

I'm absolutely 100% delighted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back