Ben Carson, Huckster, Liar

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuhuh

Gold Member
Jun 25, 2015
Swimming pools, movie stars
carsonbogus1.png

At last night’s GOP debate presidential candidate Ben Carson lied about his connection with a Christian nutritional supplement company accused of hustling the gullible with bogus claims of miracle cures for deadly diseases.

Carson was asked about his involvement with nutritional supplement company Mannatech at the Oct. 28 Republican presidential debate hosted by CNBC in Boulder, Colo.

Moderator Carl Quintanilla asked:

There’s is a company called Mannatech, a maker of nutritional supplements, with which you had a 10-year relationship. They offered claims they could cure autism, cancer. They paid $7 million to settle a deceptive marketing lawsuit in Texas, and yet your involvement continues. Why?

Carson, a former pediatric neurosurgeon, replied:

Well, that’s easy to answer: I didn’t have an involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society — total propaganda. I did a couple speeches for them. I did speeches for other people. They were paid speeches. It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of relationship with them. Do I take the product? Yes. I think it’s a good product.

However, as Politifact and other outlets are reporting, Carson lied about his connection with Mannatech.

The evidence shows that Carson was paid to give speeches during events hosted by Mannatech Inc., telling how the company’s supplements helped him after a 2002 cancer diagnosis.

The National Review points out:

Carson’s interactions with Mannatech, a nutritional-supplement company based in suburban Dallas, date back to 2004, when he was a speaker at the company’s annual conferences, MannaFest and MannaQuest. He also spoke at Mannatech conferences in 2011 and 2013, and spoke about “glyconutrients” in a PBS special as recently as last year.

The Wall Street Journal notes that Carson has often made reference to a long and lucrative association with the company that he says has been good for both his career and his health.

Politifact concludes:

As far as we can tell, Carson was not a paid employee or official endorser of the product. However, his claim suggests he has no ties to Mannatech whatsoever. In reality, he got paid to deliver speeches to Mannatech and appeared in promotional videos, and he consistently delivered glowing reviews of the nutritional supplements. As a world-renowned surgeon, Carson’s opinion on health issues carries weight, and Mannatech has used Carson’s endorsement to its advantage.

We rate Carson’s claim False.

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progre...s-for-christian-company/#sthash.VdipzqDL.dpuf

Wow ANOTHER attack the Negro post from the left. Who would have guessed right? A WORLD famous brain surgeon VS a political fact check site on a medical question.

A site that knows NOTHING about medicine VS a doctor? When it comes to medicine and health I get mine from a doctor NOT a political site.

5632aa4b1400002b003c9830.jpg

Ben the Ripper

I expect that Rain Man Carson will soon be throwing rocks and trying to stab people again. His rage is building.

Wow ANOTHER attack the Negro post from the left. Who would have guessed right? A WORLD famous brain surgeon VS a political fact check site on a medical question.

A site that knows NOTHING about medicine VS a doctor? When it comes to medicine and health I get mine from a doctor NOT a political site.

Aha ha, attack the negro. How about attack the liar? he should lose his medical license for this kind of crap.

Aha ha, attack the negro. How about attack the liar? he should lose his medical license for this kind of crap.
He's retired, Ace and he's an honest man.

Take the pillow case off your head and look at the facts. Do you go to the mayor for a broken leg? No, not if you have half a brain. Do you go to a political site for medical information? No, you don't.

Apparently he is not an honest man if he lied to push a drug.

What about Obama and his book where he spoke of Pot and Coke use? Is that not pushing drug use? ILLEGAL drug use?

What about Obama and his book where he spoke of Pot and Coke use? Is that not pushing drug use? ILLEGAL drug use?
''

[URL='http://search.aol.com/aol/imageDetails?s_it=imageDetails&q=obama+smoking+pot%2Cpictures&img=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.420magazine.com%2Fgallery%2Fdata%2F1412%2FObama_with_a_joint.jpg&v_t=na&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.420magazine.com%2Fforums%2Fmedical-marijuana-news%2F167549-user-s-guide-smoking-pot-barack-obama.html&width=176&height=148&thumbUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fencrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com%2Fimages%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcTH65Sa9m4_6z2MuYKH8PtmiImT--_psL0zfml5hWdijZ4lpXiJGrCmlhTnWA%3Awww.420magazine.com%2Fgallery%2Fdata%2F1412%2FObama_with_a_joint.jpg&b=image%3Fq%3Do%3DimageResultsBack%26oreq%3D0ea592f105c04a74bb68e569e356638d&imgHeight=524&imgWidth=625&imgTitle=Guide+To+Smoking+Pot+With&imgSize=114787&hostName=www.420magazine.com']
[/URL]

Not the same and this man is running for president and actually told people that he was cured of cancer in just three weeks. That's hucksterism.

Not the same and this man is running for president and actually told people that he was cured of cancer in just three weeks. That's hucksterism.
Cancer is personal and no two fights are the same. I lost a cousin because he was allergic to chemo. When you fight cancer you fight with whatever you can and the choices can be VERY limited.

YOU were NOT in his shoes and truly have NO right to judge or say what worked for him. That's HIS right and his alone.

Carson lies, so let's accuse posters who point that out of racism. Neat and completely unsurprising.

Cancer is personal and no two fights are the same. I lost a cousin because he was allergic to chemo. When you fight cancer you fight with whatever you can and the choices can be VERY limited.

YOU were NOT in his shoes and truly have NO right to judge or say what worked for him. That's HIS right and his alone.

You dismiss elements of this story without even reading them. Why did Carson wait two years after his cancer to spread the news about Mannatech? The answer is because he got paid to say it. If I was cured almost immediately I'd be spreading the word, most people would. Dr Carson wouldn't answer that question last night.

Apparently Obama is not an honest man if he lied to push his healthcare plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back