Being "SAVED", Please explain

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by stf410, Jul 6, 2009.

1. stf410

stf410 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't received a sensible explanation from people who say that they are "Saved". This made be conclude that the whole concept gives people a false since of security about death/ the “after life”.

How are they saved, and who saved them is unexplainable, but yet some people are certain they are.

2. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not for you to understand how someone else is saved.. It's for them to know inside. Frankly, it's none of your business.

Just looking for a fight, I assume?

3. stf410

stf410 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I appreciate your opinion.

But when people publicly announce that they are "saved", it becomes the public's business. If it is personal, they should keep this to themselves.

4. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    So you're basically against freedom of speech ? :lol:

5. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So that would be a yes, then on the fight?

If someone declares they've been saved, why do you feel the need to even comment on it, much less try and pick it apart by demanding answers you feel are acceptable, when it really has absolutely zero impact on your life?

Way to shit on someone elses parade.

6. Dis

Dis Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, and before you even step foot on the yellow brick road to trying to badmouth MY religion, I don't have any.

Just because something doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Next?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009
  7. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    What's the problem with someone wanting to share what they see as good news?

And if they have a false sense of security about an afterlife why try and prick their bubble?

One of the drawbacks about being human is the possession of an intellect that both gives us the ability for higher order thinking but also curses us with the realisation of our own individual mortality. So, we invent fairy stories to help us deal with it. Who is harmed if someone chooses to believe the fairy story for comfort?

I don't believe in gods. I don't believe in an afterlife. I have no comfort. That's not me being big and brave, it's actually unsettling so I try not t think about the end of existence. I wish I could take comfort in the mythology of gods and an afterlife, unfortunately for me I can't, bad luck for me. Sometimes I envy believers, but I don't want to destroy their comforts simply because I can't believe.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  8. sidneyworld

sidneyworld Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    lol. I'm not quite sure what vein yer dealing with but this is good fer me. Well done.

Anne Marie

9. sidneyworld

sidneyworld Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Being saved has nothing to do with going to Heaven, nor requires any prayers. Faith, as apposed to religion, is a very personal thing. Man made laws are boxed with a parameter. Faith has no measure.

You are a good person, you will do very well.

Period.

Anne Marie

10. JBeukema

JBeukema BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,705
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QecUUnLNSiY&feature=related]YouTube - Conversation with Yahweh[/ame]