Being "SAVED", Please explain

stf410

Rookie
Jul 2, 2009
I haven't received a sensible explanation from people who say that they are "Saved". This made be conclude that the whole concept gives people a false since of security about death/ the “after life”.

How are they saved, and who saved them is unexplainable, but yet some people are certain they are.

I haven't received a sensible explanation from people who say that they are "Saved". This made be conclude that the whole concept gives people a false since of security about death/ the “after life”.

How are they saved, and who saved them is unexplainable, but yet some people are certain they are.

It's not for you to understand how someone else is saved.. It's for them to know inside. Frankly, it's none of your business.

Just looking for a fight, I assume?

I appreciate your opinion.

But when people publicly announce that they are "saved", it becomes the public's business. If it is personal, they should keep this to themselves.

But when people publicly announce that they are "saved", it becomes the public's business. If it is personal, they should keep this to themselves.

So you're basically against freedom of speech ? :lol:

So that would be a yes, then on the fight?

If someone declares they've been saved, why do you feel the need to even comment on it, much less try and pick it apart by demanding answers you feel are acceptable, when it really has absolutely zero impact on your life?

Way to shit on someone elses parade.

Oh, and before you even step foot on the yellow brick road to trying to badmouth MY religion, I don't have any.

Just because something doesn't make sense to you, doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Next?

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the problem with someone wanting to share what they see as good news?

And if they have a false sense of security about an afterlife why try and prick their bubble?

One of the drawbacks about being human is the possession of an intellect that both gives us the ability for higher order thinking but also curses us with the realisation of our own individual mortality. So, we invent fairy stories to help us deal with it. Who is harmed if someone chooses to believe the fairy story for comfort?

I don't believe in gods. I don't believe in an afterlife. I have no comfort. That's not me being big and brave, it's actually unsettling so I try not t think about the end of existence. I wish I could take comfort in the mythology of gods and an afterlife, unfortunately for me I can't, bad luck for me. Sometimes I envy believers, but I don't want to destroy their comforts simply because I can't believe.

It's not for you to understand how someone else is saved.. It's for them to know inside. Frankly, it's none of your business.

Just looking for a fight, I assume?

lol. I'm not quite sure what vein yer dealing with but this is good fer me. Well done.

Anne Marie

Being saved has nothing to do with going to Heaven, nor requires any prayers. Faith, as apposed to religion, is a very personal thing. Man made laws are boxed with a parameter. Faith has no measure.

You are a good person, you will do very well.

Period.

Anne Marie

Christians believe they are born sinners. We are so because of the actions of Adam in the Garden. God sent Jesus to give us a path back to him. A way to atone for our sins.

Someone that has accepted Jesus as their savior can say they are saved. Of course it is not completely true. One must continue to work at not sinning and when they do to ask for forgiveness through Jesus to God. No human is with out sin. One can accept Jesus as their savior and then for the rest of their life work to not sin and to seek forgiveness when weak.

As long as one does not "practice" sinning then they can be forgiven through Jesus. If a person knows something is a sin and continues to practice it, to do it, all the time, then they will most likely not be forgiven on Judgement day. If one tries not to sin and slips up but truly is asking for forgiveness AND trying to not commit the same sin over and over, then they will most likely be forgiven on Judgement day.

Christians believe they are born sinners. We are so because of the actions of Adam in the Garden. God sent Jesus to give us a path back to him. A way to atone for our sins.

Someone that has accepted Jesus as their savior can say they are saved. Of course it is not completely true. One must continue to work at not sinning and when they do to ask for forgiveness through Jesus to God. No human is with out sin. One can accept Jesus as their savior and then for the rest of their life work to not sin and to seek forgiveness when weak.

As long as one does not "practice" sinning then they can be forgiven through Jesus. If a person knows something is a sin and continues to practice it, to do it, all the time, then they will most likely not be forgiven on Judgement day. If one tries not to sin and slips up but truly is asking for forgiveness AND trying to not commit the same sin over and over, then they will most likely be forgiven on Judgement day.

How does one expect to be any good at it unless one practices? :eusa_think:

-Joe

. Faith, as apposed to religion, is a very personal thing.

You see, st410, it's all about a personal relationship; that's the only way to truly know God

QUOTE]

Yes it is, JB, and hopefully without any connection to you. You're like that stinky patch of grass one walks over from time to time that reminds us to look down. You just can't avoid those moments. :)

Anne Marie

The only true way to be saved is through Allah the merciful. Jesus was a knobhead. Plus Islam (the one true and great path) lets you fornicate with grade school children, that's SO hot.

Does "being saved" requires "knowing God"?

If there is a God. This God made us ignorant.

Thus God, at the time of our creation, did not want us to know of him.

Thus God does not want you to be saved.

I think there is a logical fallacy in the above, but I am having a hell of a time finding it.

Forum List

Back