Beck invokes the Holocaust in Fox News/Obama Administration "War"

Obscure reference. You're a laugh a minute.
Wait til your mom finds out you're wasting time on this board rather than studying for exams.

Here's the clip. I hadn't realized the context. Pretty instructive. Obama really is the Jimmy Carter of the 21st Century.
YouTube - Ronald Reagan:There You Go Again

The funniest thing about that clip? The comment Carter had just made was absolutely true. Reagan built his political career on opposing Medicare, but since he knew that wasn't politically popular, he tried to claim Carter was lying.

there was no holocaust denial there
not one bit
you must be hearing things

I have to agree with Divecon there Polk. He wasn't denying the Holocaust in any sense. Though he was acting foolishly.

What Beck did is no different from what Palestinians do when they claim their plight is as bad as the Holocaust or draw cartoons depicting the Israelis as Nazis.

it wasnt foolish either
he actually has a point
if you are attacking a news org because you dont like what they are reporting, then what happens to the next news org that doesnt report like they are wanted to
its a valid statement

What was the "attack" exactly? The fact that Fox News is a arm of the Republican Party? Nothing false about that.

President Bush had his little fights with CBS and other news outlets. Nixon has his "enemies list" of the Press.

Certain people in the media and certain politicians or groups have always had their feuds. There was no suppression of freedom of speech. As much as Beck would like to think so, Obama is not going to have him arrested and thrown into some camp for where he will be killed.

I understand the original quote in which Beck was quoting. I have it in my profile on here in the past. The problem is the context. The full context of that quote wasn't just freedom of speech, it was also the killing of the people who were arrested.

There were plenty of other remarks he could of made, a non-holocaust one including.

c'mon man
give that bullshit a fucking rest

They, by their own characterization, are the "voice of the opposition".

and what news org did bush attack?
NONE

Using the standard for you're using for saying Obama attacked Fox, Bush attacked NBC.

Mr. Capus, I'm sure you don't want people to conclude that there is really no distinction between the "news" as reported on NBC and the "opinion" as reported on MSNBC, despite the increasing blurring of those lines. I welcome your response to this letter, and hope it is one that reassures your broadcast network's viewers that blatantly partisan talk show hosts like Christopher Matthews and Keith Olbermann at MSNBC don't hold editorial sway over the NBC network news division.

White House Slams NBC News - Marc Ambinder

Oh, and I can't help but post this since it's from my home state they fucked up on. Because Chafee was down by more than 10 points:

View attachment 8459

View attachment 8460

View attachment 8461

So this tells me one of two things:

Either Fox News is incompetent or they're misleading on purpose. Pick your poison.

Edit: In even more irony:

Sheldon Whitehouse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For the 2007 year, Whitehouse was ranked second-most liberal senator by the National Journal.[16]
again, those are ERRORS
sheesh
i wish you would point out all the fucking errors the other networks do
cause they do just as many

only no one gives a shit about em

Yeah, they just happen to make the same mistakes over and over and over. It's all chance...

I'll add asshattery to your outlandishness.
WHere do you see Holocaust denial in any of this??

To claim that somebody not liking you is equivalent to the Holocaust is trivializing it.

If someone doesn't like me and I say so, I'm denying the Holocaust.

Are you nuts? Seriously, are you? Or is it just profound organic damage with you?

It's denying the Holocaust if you claim them not liking you is equivalent to be rounded up and murdered.

So I'm guessing you didn't read Beck's comment.

I'm guessing you didn't understand it. In fact I'm sure of it.
Still think he was denying the Holocaust?

Yes. Trivialization is a form of denial.

Except he didnt trivialize it.
If you really believe that then I dont know what to say to you. It's beyond my power to understand a warped view like that.
Of course, you're the guy who believes Obamacare will cost just what they say it will. So your ability to believe in the absurd is pretty well demonstrated.

To claim that somebody not liking you is equivalent to the Holocaust is trivializing it.

If someone doesn't like me and I say so, I'm denying the Holocaust.

Are you nuts? Seriously, are you? Or is it just profound organic damage with you?

It's denying the Holocaust if you claim them not liking you is equivalent to be rounded up and murdered.
The insane also often have auditory hallucinations - hearing things that aren't there.

Just sayin'..........

Glenn Beck is not a Journalist. He has admitted as such. Besides, most of the great all-time Journalists would be disgusted at the rhetoric that Beck uses.

He has never claimed to be a journalist. There is nothing to 'admit'.

Besides, most of the great all-time Journalists would be disgusted at the standards of journalism across the media.

The First Amendment would seem to protect everyone who wants to voice an opinion, no matter how stupid, ignorant, or vile it might be. It is the price we pay for protecting good legitimate opinions.
It boggles the mind that so-called liberals dont understand this. It is not about Beck, it is about freedom of expression, and that includes them.

This isn't a First Amendment issue. The government isn't rounding up Fox News's editors and throwing them in prison for their content or even blocking them from producing their content.

ja, ja.

first they came for l.k.eder, trying to silence the poor guy. i guess my name will be read right after glenn beck in yad vashem.

If they came for you, LK, I would be there to defend you.

that is so sweet, and empty.

That is because you lack the ability to understand that anyone would act selflessly because you would not. Do not judge me by your own lack of standards. I have mine. Mine would include not allowing your freedom to be taken away.

No thanks required.

He has never claimed to be a journalist. There is nothing to 'admit'.

Besides, most of the great all-time Journalists would be disgusted at the standards of journalism across the media.

The First Amendment would seem to protect everyone who wants to voice an opinion, no matter how stupid, ignorant, or vile it might be. It is the price we pay for protecting good legitimate opinions.
It boggles the mind that so-called liberals dont understand this. It is not about Beck, it is about freedom of expression, and that includes them.

This isn't a First Amendment issue. The government isn't rounding up Fox News's editors and throwing them in prison for their content or even blocking them from producing their content.

Yet.

If they came for you, LK, I would be there to defend you.

that is so sweet, and empty.

That is because you lack the ability to understand that anyone would act selflessly because you would not. Do not judge me by your own lack of standards. I have mine. Mine would include not allowing your freedom to be taken away.

No thanks required.

you are so brave! quit pissing down my back.

The white house called out Fox for being shills for the right. So what. The only thing negative about that is Fox calling themselves fair and balanced.

MSNBC is for the left. If the white house called them out for that, they wouldnt care. Fox is acting like we dont know they are not fair and balanced and are not for the right.

No one is saying fox cant continue with the way they are doing things. Good for them and the fox fans deserve the kind of coverage they get from fox. The right slants, the lies, the bull crap tey throw out. So be it.

Fair and balanced...lol

You:
$GRA392.300.jpg

hell, the way you guys are reacting, its possible it could happen with cheers from the left

Again, if the right wants to act like Glenn Beck, so be it. However, don't expect to be taken serious with such bullshit. Go read what I said to Si Modo on the subject.

So when did the Obama administration shut down FOX News?

Was it blacked out or something?

Anchors forced to read official state reports?

Reporters arrested for investigating the administration?

Forum List

Back