Beck invokes the Holocaust in Fox News/Obama Administration "War"

Ooooh, ok. They are supposed to wait until Fox has been destroyed and THEN recognize that the Government is out of order. See, I didn't know that bit. I thought we were supposed to defend our freedom while we have them and not wait until they are taken from us to get up off our asses.

I see now why liberals and the rest of us are so very different.

Now see, if you weren't such an arrogant generalizing Conservative bitch I just may have some respect for you. However, it is statements like that which make me just shake my head.

You're assuming facts not in evidence. 'They came for'.... it doesn't say what happened to them. LOL.

You claim that Beck, by using this analogy, referenced the Holocaust. He did not. So, Dogbert, you have just done what you accuse Beck of doing. You lied.

What ignorance to try and defend this self-admitted rodeo clown. You should be ashamed for your dishonest.

And yes, he did reference the holocaust. The original quote focuses exactly on that. When people were taken away due to their political beliefs originally, it did begin the holocaust of killing people including the Jews.

Remember this line:

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Where exactly do you think they went? Disneyland?
You DO know that the 'final solution' came after the internment, right?

And, what journalists are actually speaking out to protect access of ALL of the press?

When Beck has the power of the Goverment behind him, let me know. Until then, your argument has no basis.

come back to me when fox mouth pieces are in gitmo, muppet.

Ooooh, ok. They are supposed to wait until Fox has been destroyed and THEN recognize that the Government is out of order. See, I didn't know that bit. I thought we were supposed to defend our freedom while we have them and not wait until they are taken from us to get up off our asses.

ja, ja.

first they came for l.k.eder, trying to silence the poor guy. i guess my name will be read right after glenn beck in yad vashem.

First they came... - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unlike Niemöller, they gave in to the Nazis' threats. Hitler personally detested Niemöller and in 1937 had him arrested and eventually confined in the Sachsenhausen and Dachau concentration camps. Niemöller was released in 1945 by the Allies.

Recent research has traced the sentiments expressed in the poem to speeches given by Niemöller in 1946.

Hey CG you fool, what do you think happened at Sachsenhausen and Dachau? ESPECIALLY Dachau? Picnics? Camping? Carnivals? Fun and Games? Maybe a party or two?

Most professionals stand by each other when there is a situation that limits another colleague from doing his/her profession. This is in the professionals' best interest as climate can change and they may find themselves limited in the future. Thus, standing up for integrity of a professional environment is in the best interest of all professionals.

I'm wondering if 'professional' and 'integrity' can even be used in the same sentence as journalist any longer. I have to imagine that the remaining few journalists who still do value the integrity of the profession above almost all have to be pissed off at the lapdog 'journalists'.

Glenn Beck is not a Journalist. He has admitted as such. Besides, most of the great all-time Journalists would be disgusted at the rhetoric that Beck uses.

He has never claimed to be a journalist. There is nothing to 'admit'.

Besides, most of the great all-time Journalists would be disgusted at the standards of journalism across the media.

Now see, if you weren't such an arrogant generalizing Conservative bitch I just may have some respect for you. However, it is statements like that which make me just shake my head.

The day that I have your respect, I will indeed be worried.

Do you have any concept of how stupid it sounds to accuse others of 'arrogat generalizing' when you do it yourself?

*shakes head*

Most professionals stand by each other when there is a situation that limits another colleague from doing his/her profession. This is in the professionals' best interest as climate can change and they may find themselves limited in the future. Thus, standing up for integrity of a professional environment is in the best interest of all professionals.

I'm wondering if 'professional' and 'integrity' can even be used in the same sentence as journalist any longer. I have to imagine that the remaining few journalists who still do value the integrity of the profession above almost all have to be pissed off at the lapdog 'journalists'.

Glenn Beck is not a Journalist. He has admitted as such. Besides, most of the great all-time Journalists would be disgusted at the rhetoric that Beck uses.

He has never claimed to be a journalist. There is nothing to 'admit'.

Besides, most of the great all-time Journalists would be disgusted at the standards of journalism across the media.

The First Amendment would seem to protect everyone who wants to voice an opinion, no matter how stupid, ignorant, or vile it might be. It is the price we pay for protecting good legitimate opinions.
It boggles the mind that so-called liberals dont understand this. It is not about Beck, it is about freedom of expression, and that includes them.

And, what journalists are actually speaking out to protect access of ALL of the press?

There would be no 'final solution' if there was no internment.

Besides, Glenn Beck is not out for all Journalists in this case. He's in it to drive up his ratings and to continue his personal war against the Obama Administration. The mere fact that Glenn Beck can say the things he does along with people like Alex Jones is evidence that there freedom of speech is not going to be taken away.

What we need in the media today is people to hold people like Glenn Beck accountable for their statements they make. The only people who do at the moment is Media Matters and God knows the right's tendency to dismiss them without even reading it.

This is what Glenn Beck stated one day on his show:

John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."

Such blatant and false lies.

PolitiFact | Glenn Beck claims science czar John Holdren proposed forced abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population

We're living in a very dangerous time where people are taking people like Glenn Beck to be 100% correct without any fact checking. AND if anyone does bother to fact check, then they are obviously part of the "Liberal Conspiracy" to take away Freedom of Speech. That ain't right.

Last edited:
The day that I have your respect, I will indeed be worried.

Do you have any concept of how stupid it sounds to accuse others of 'arrogat generalizing' when you do it yourself?

*shakes head*

Show me where I generalize. I don't generalize Conservatives nor Republicans.

There would be no 'final solution' if there was no internment.

Besides, Glenn Beck is not out for all Journalists in this case. He's in it to drive up his ratings and to continue his personal war against the Obama Administration. The mere fact that Glenn Beck can say the things he does along with people like Alex Jones is evidence that there freedom of speech is not going to be taken away.

What we need in the media today is people to hold people like Glenn Beck accountable for their statements they make. The only people who do at the moment is Media Matters and God knows the right's tendency to dismiss them without even reading it.

This is what Glenn Beck stated one day on his show:

John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."

Such blatant and false lies.

PolitiFact | Glenn Beck claims science czar John Holdren proposed forced abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population

yeah, and then trying to play the persecuted victim by making HOLOCAUST comparisons.

yes, using the niemöller quote, especially the jewish part, is a holocaust comparison.

First they came... - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unlike Niemöller, they gave in to the Nazis' threats. Hitler personally detested Niemöller and in 1937 had him arrested and eventually confined in the Sachsenhausen and Dachau concentration camps. Niemöller was released in 1945 by the Allies.

Recent research has traced the sentiments expressed in the poem to speeches given by Niemöller in 1946.

Hey CG you fool, what do you think happened at Sachsenhausen and Dachau? ESPECIALLY Dachau? Picnics? Camping? Carnivals? Fun and Games? Maybe a party or two?

Hey Doggie. It's the quote we are dealing with, not the holocaust. Bless your heart. It's about freedom of the press, not the ovens.

Beck was calling the rest of the press out for not defending the right of Fox News to report however it feels appropriate. It's not his problem if liberals have their heads so far up Obama's butt that they can't see reality anymore.

Fact is, you're just looking for another whine at Fox. Kudos to you for making a nonsense comment into a massive issue but personally I think it is just a leftie wanting to rant about Fox, Beck and anyone else who dares speak out agains the Chosen One.

Smart people recognize what Beck was saying. He was not casting himself as the victim. He was pointing out that efforts by the Obama Administration to suppress him, if successful, will be a loss for every journalist and opinion-giver. People who think that Beck somehow deserves to be silenced for his views are mistaken that silencing will end with him.

Stupid people think he was denying the Holocaust, trivializing the Holocaust, or making a comparison between himself and the Jews of 1930s Germany.

Hey Doggie. It's the quote we are dealing with, not the holocaust. Bless your heart. It's about freedom of the press, not the ovens.

Beck was calling the rest of the press out for not defending the right of Fox News to report however it feels appropriate. It's not his problem if liberals have their heads so far up Obama's butt that they can't see reality anymore.

Fact is, you're just looking for another whine at Fox. Kudos to you for making a nonsense comment into a massive issue but personally I think it is just a leftie wanting to rant about Fox, Beck and anyone else who dares speak out agains the Chosen One.

Except what happened in that quote lead directly to the Holocaust.

Here's the thing, the media does have a right to report however it feels appropriate, but they have a responsibility to report the facts. The responsibility to report the facts holds more weight than anything else.

Anyone here can tell you, I'm not a fan of Obama. So he's not my "chosen one" you generalizing fool.

Hell, I think one of Obama's better critics and who I find myself agreeing with the majority of the time is Bill Maher. Why? Because he uses things like common sense and facts. Beck uses half truths and over-the-top rhetoric.

Smart people recognize what Beck was saying. He was not casting himself as the victim. He was pointing out that efforts by the Obama Administration to suppress him, if successful, will be a loss for every journalist and opinion-giver. People who think that Beck somehow deserves to be silenced for his views are mistaken that silencing will end with him.

Stupid people think he was denying the Holocaust, trivializing the Holocaust, or making a comparison between himself and the Jews of 1930s Germany.

why use the "first, they came for the jews" thing then?

Care to note which efforts? I would love a thing called facts, evidence, etc. I see the Obama Administration speaking out about their treatment by Fox News. And guess what? In a free country, EVERYONE has a right to speak about their treatment by the media. Just like the media has a right to speak about anyone the way they want.

You have to remember, they are part of the government but they are still citizens of this great country.

So while you may be focusing on one's peoples rights, don't forget about the others who you detest as well.

Except what happened in that quote lead directly to the Holocaust.

Here's the thing, the media does have a right to report however it feels appropriate, but they have a responsibility to report the facts. The responsibility to report the facts holds more weight than anything else.

Anyone here can tell you, I'm not a fan of Obama. So he's not my "chosen one" you generalizing fool.

Hell, I think one of Obama's better critics and who I find myself agreeing with the majority of the time is Bill Maher. Why? Because he uses things like common sense and facts. Beck uses half truths and over-the-top rhetoric.
[Emphasis added] Do you see how you do the same in this thread? We understand that many don't like FNC, but that hatred (or strong dislike) is not an excuse to toss aside rationale in critique, for those who value that, that is.

why use the "first, they came for the jews" thing then?

Because it perfectly sums up the idea that there is no "us" and "them". No "it's ok to do that kind of thing to them, but they would never do that to us."
History is clear that suppression is suppression. Once it gets started it becomes indiscriminate.

Where does Fox get off whining about getting slammed by other media when the Fox and RM empires are presenting a simple one-faced presentation of events. Fox is not practicing journalism, it is practicing propaganda. It has every right to under the 1st Amendment, but as it continues to play William Hearst style media manipulation, I am thrilled it is getting kicked in the face for Fox distortions.

That is a very good thing.

[Emphasis added] Do you see how you do the same in this thread? We understand that many don't like FNC, but that hatred (or strong dislike) is not an excuse to toss aside rationale in critique, for those who value that, that is.

Except I don't use half-truths nor over-the-top rhetoric. Beck's critique is not rational nor correct. You have ignored my link of Beck's outrageous statement. That's not the only one by far.

When we have a figure on television who is taken at his word, has admitted he is not any sort of Journalist, and is taken in the light to be always light without any fact checking then we have created a very dangerous environment for people who are the wrong political side of him.

Except I don't use half-truths nor over-the-top rhetoric. Beck's critique is not rational nor correct. You have ignored my link of Beck's outrageous statement. That's not the only one by far.

When we have a figure on television who is taken at his word, has admitted he is not any sort of Journalist, and is taken in the light to be always light without any fact checking then we have created a very dangerous environment for people who are the wrong political side of him.
TBH, I have never really cared for Beck. However, his point is not without merit. Journalists who value an environment that allows them to continue to practice their profession are standing by while that environment is subjectively closed. There is a forest among the trees. I said the same thing about this situation long before Beck even uttered it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back