Beck Anti-Semitic? 400 Rabbis Think So

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
Glenn Beck Anti-Semitic? 400 Rabbis Think So | The Stir

A group of several hundred rabbis took out a full-page advertisement in this morning's Wall Street Journal protesting Glenn Beck for his repeated use of Nazi and Holocaust rhetoric.

Specifically, in the open letter addressed to News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch, the group requested that Beck "be sanctioned by Fox News for his completely unacceptable attacks on a survivor of the Holocaust" and that Fox News chief executive "Roger Ailes apologize for his dismissive remarks about rabbis' sensitivity to how the Holocaust is used on the air."

Now, Fox News has issued a statement in response to the full-page ad, and I think you can agree that it's truly shocking ... except it's really not.

The group of rabbis (organzied by Jewish Funds for Justice) must have intended for their open letter to result in Beck toning down his language. But one has to wonder if it will only make it worse.

Here's the statement from Joel Cheatwood, senior vice president of development for Fox News:

We haven't seen the ad, but this group is a George Soros backed left-wing political organization that has been trying to engage Glenn Beck primarily for publicity purposes.

In case you need a refresher, Beck went on a three-day tirade last fall against Soros -- who is a Hungarian Jew and the Holocaust survivor (mentioned in the letter above) -- accusing him of collaborating with the Nazis.

In effect, this statement from Fox dismisses the rabbis' concerns as little more than a publicity stunt from disgruntled Soros supporters -- even though concerns that Beck crosses the line with his repeated use of Nazi and Holocaust imagery are shared by many, many Americans across the political spectrum.

Beck has declined to comment on the situation through a spokesperson. But you can bet it's going to get more than a mention on air. Far from toning down his rhetoric, Beck will no doubt be more fired up than usual. And instead of taking a hit, this might mean Fox News' ratings will be better than ever.

Last edited:
that's right.....beck bears no responsiblity for what he says....its all liberal crap..that he is a lying paid entertainer

Ya cause this Soros group is an honest broker when it comes to calling Beck for crap talking about Soros. Guess what darling? He is a high profile public figure. Isn't that the excuse you gave for people attacking the children of Palin?

...but this group is a George Soros backed left-wing political organization that has been trying to engage Glenn Beck primarily for publicity purposes.

All we need to know.

Because you can't have legitimate views if you have political views?

That would be all we need to know about Beck then wouldn't it?

Let's review the facts.

Glen Beck hammers George Soros as the puppet master of the progressives.

Soros financially backs this left wing group of Rabbis.

The Rabbis accuse Beck of anti-semitism.

See the links? Ok. Those are the knowns.

Got any knowns of who is paying Beck (besides the company that actually employs him) to go after Soros?

So Beck encouraging people to educate themselves on totalitarianism and the circumstances that lead to the Nazi's taking control so we don't follow those same mistakes is anti-semetic?

You guys are seriously going to argue that wanting to avoid another holocaust is anti-semetic? That supporting Israel is Anti-Semetic? That encouraging people to learn about Jewish scripture is anti-semetic?

And you guys don't think the fact that George Soros is spending millions of dollars to get him off the air shouldn't factor into the credibility of the accusations?

Does Glenn Beck simply make you lose all ability for rational thought?

that's right.....beck bears no responsiblity for what he says....its all liberal crap..that he is a lying paid entertainer

Ya cause this Soros group is an honest broker when it comes to calling Beck for crap talking about Soros. Guess what darling? He is a high profile public figure. Isn't that the excuse you gave for people attacking the children of Palin?

attacking the children of palin....i dont think so....
and i dont care what is said abotu soros he is no better than the rest....my comments were on beck...and simply quoting what he has said about himself....

he has admitted to being a liar and has called himself a paid entertainer

LOL, the left will up stick for any Commie, Radical, and hater of our Country.

how sad.

by the way, I read where Fox told these Rabbis to go pound sand, we have something called, Freedom of Speech.

Last edited:
For those that don't know;

Soros is not a Holocaust survivor.
He did help the Nazi
He has no remorse for what he did

There are many links telling you so.

Soros is an evil evil man, and the left is full of pussies that can't bear to hear it.

Tuff shit.

They would smear a 14 year old boy who survived the extermimnation of jews by being taken in by a christain family.

This is what they do folks.

They defend the smearing of a child who is a victim of evil as evil.

Its all you need to know about their moral code.

Spewing hate on victims and telling people librals need to be shot in the head.

This is the new republican platform I guess.

Glenn Beck Anti-Semitic? 400 Rabbis Think So | The Stir

A group of several hundred rabbis took out a full-page advertisement in this morning's Wall Street Journal protesting Glenn Beck for his repeated use of Nazi and Holocaust rhetoric.

Specifically, in the open letter addressed to News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch, the group requested that Beck "be sanctioned by Fox News for his completely unacceptable attacks on a survivor of the Holocaust" and that Fox News chief executive "Roger Ailes apologize for his dismissive remarks about rabbis' sensitivity to how the Holocaust is used on the air."

Now, Fox News has issued a statement in response to the full-page ad, and I think you can agree that it's truly shocking ... except it's really not.

The group of rabbis (organzied by Jewish Funds for Justice) must have intended for their open letter to result in Beck toning down his language. But one has to wonder if it will only make it worse.

Here's the statement from Joel Cheatwood, senior vice president of development for Fox News:

We haven't seen the ad, but this group is a George Soros backed left-wing political organization that has been trying to engage Glenn Beck primarily for publicity purposes.

In case you need a refresher, Beck went on a three-day tirade last fall against Soros -- who is a Hungarian Jew and the Holocaust survivor (mentioned in the letter above) -- accusing him of collaborating with the Nazis.

In effect, this statement from Fox dismisses the rabbis' concerns as little more than a publicity stunt from disgruntled Soros supporters -- even though concerns that Beck crosses the line with his repeated use of Nazi and Holocaust imagery are shared by many, many Americans across the political spectrum.

Beck has declined to comment on the situation through a spokesperson. But you can bet it's going to get more than a mention on air. Far from toning down his rhetoric, Beck will no doubt be more fired up than usual. And instead of taking a hit, this might mean Fox News' ratings will be better than ever.

"Additionally, 83% of white Jews voted for Obama ..."
American Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wonder if that includes this group....

They would smear a 14 year old boy who survived the extermimnation of jews by being taken in by a christain family.

oh yawn..:lol:
we've seen LOTS of hate spewed against Republicans my dear, so you should watch throwing stones.

Last edited:

- In a 1998 interview with Steve Kroft, Soros was asked if he felt guilty about confiscating property from Jews as a teenager. He responded, “No.” George Soros 60 Minutes Interview – 12/20/98

- “I don’t deny the Jews their right to a national existence–but I don’t want to be part of it.” That experience notwithstanding, Soros has chosen to exclude Israel and Jewish causes, by and large, from his massive philanthropy-a decision that has caused comment among one of his colleagues in the financial community, particularly those who are strong supporters of Israel. In Hungary, Soros has been subject to anti-Semitic attacks. Referring to being a target, Soros, in his book “Underwriting Democracy,” wrote, “I am ready to stand up and be counted.” When I mentioned that rather suggestive line to Soros during one of several extended interviews with him, he responded quickly, “Right. It took me a long time.”

He continued, “My mother was quite anti-Semitic, and ashamed of being Jewish. Given the culture in which one lived, being Jewish was a clear-cut stigma, disadvantage, a handicap-and, therefore, there was always the desire to transcend it, to escape it.” He confirmed what someone had told me-that his family name had long ago been changed from Schwartz. “So the assimilationist Jews of Hungary had a deep sense of inferiority and it took me a long time to work through that,” he said, adding, however, that he succeeded in doing so many years ago… “I am escaping the particular. I think I am doing exactly that by espousing this universal concept”-of open society. “In other words, I don’t think that you can ever overcome anti-Semitism if you behave as a tribe… the only way you can overcome it is if you give up the tribalness.”

(Source: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO SOROS by CONNIE BRUC, The New Yorker, January 23, 1995 The World According to Soros by Connie Bruck, The New Yorker, Jan 95 - Fullscreen)

Go get the quotes that demean child victims and call for shooting people in the head.

Forum List

Back