Beck Anti-Semitic? 400 Rabbis Think So

They would smear a 14 year old boy who survived the extermimnation of jews by being taken in by a christain family.

This is what they do folks.

They defend the smearing of a child who is a victim of evil as evil.

Its all you need to know about their moral code.

Spewing hate on victims and telling people librals need to be shot in the head.

This is the new republican platform I guess.

- In a 1998 interview with Steve Kroft, Soros was asked if he felt guilty about confiscating property from Jews as a teenager. He responded, “No.” George Soros 60 Minutes Interview – 12/20/98

- “I don’t deny the Jews their right to a national existence–but I don’t want to be part of it.” That experience notwithstanding, Soros has chosen to exclude Israel and Jewish causes, by and large, from his massive philanthropy-a decision that has caused comment among one of his colleagues in the financial community, particularly those who are strong supporters of Israel. In Hungary, Soros has been subject to anti-Semitic attacks. Referring to being a target, Soros, in his book “Underwriting Democracy,” wrote, “I am ready to stand up and be counted.” When I mentioned that rather suggestive line to Soros during one of several extended interviews with him, he responded quickly, “Right. It took me a long time.”

He continued, “My mother was quite anti-Semitic, and ashamed of being Jewish. Given the culture in which one lived, being Jewish was a clear-cut stigma, disadvantage, a handicap-and, therefore, there was always the desire to transcend it, to escape it.” He confirmed what someone had told me-that his family name had long ago been changed from Schwartz. “So the assimilationist Jews of Hungary had a deep sense of inferiority and it took me a long time to work through that,” he said, adding, however, that he succeeded in doing so many years ago… “I am escaping the particular. I think I am doing exactly that by espousing this universal concept”-of open society. “In other words, I don’t think that you can ever overcome anti-Semitism if you behave as a tribe… the only way you can overcome it is if you give up the tribalness.”

(Source: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO SOROS by CONNIE BRUC, The New Yorker, January 23, 1995 The World According to Soros by Connie Bruck, The New Yorker, Jan 95 - Fullscreen)

So, in this thread it's being argued that Soros funded this 'Jewish cause', i.e., these rabbis, while at the same time Soros is being ridiculed above for NOT funding 'Jewish causes'.

Classic rightwing propaganda. Right out of the playbook. It even rates its own cliche:

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Go get the quotes that demean child victims and call for shooting people in the head.

Sure...any of these good for you?

1.Sarah Vowell, former editor for Public Radio, and NYTimes bestselling author of ‘Assassination Vacation,’ about the assassinations of three Republican Presidents. A best seller. Could it be that in left wing circles, assassination of Republican Presidents is the chic topic?

a. In the Steven Sondheim musical, ‘Assassins,’ we find
Hey, pal, don't despair-
You wanna shoot a president?
c'mon and shoot a president... Lyrics, Everybody's Got the Right Lyrics >>

b. Comedian Rich Hall: “Let’s get together and kill George BushDissident US comic Rich Hall | Stage | guardian.co.uk

c. In “Checkpoint,” by Nicholson Baker, pop fiction by another Bush-hater, the characters mull over how to kill President Bush.

2. Then there was the Columbia College “art” exhibit called “Axis of Evil, the Secret History of Sin,” which included a piece called “Patriot Act,” George Bush with a revolver pointed at his head. Secret Service inspects exhibit - Chicago Tribune

3. How about blowing up children?

10:10 organization advocates blowing up any opponents who don’ t believe in global warming:

4. . “…what Barack Obama said he would do to counter Republican attacks “If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun,” Obama: ‘If They Bring a Knife to the Fight, We Bring a Gun’ - Washington Wire - WSJ

5. . Incumbent on all Americans to create an atmosphere of civility and respect? Congressman heal thyself! Yesterday, I noted that, according to the Scranton Times, [Democrat] Kanjorski said this about Florida's new Republican Governor Rick Scott on October 23:"That Scott down there that's running for governor of Florida," Mr. Kanjorski said. "Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him.

How is that a defense of Beck?

Tu quoque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care who these Rabbis are funded by, just because they are Jewish doesn't give them the right to demand that people shut UP.

they don't like it here with our free speech, they can leave.

Actually the right to demand someone shut up is an exercise in free speech. You're saying they don't have that right amounts to you demanding that THEY shut up.

Absolutely.

They would smear a 14 year old boy who survived the extermimnation of jews by being taken in by a christain family.

This is what they do folks.

They defend the smearing of a child who is a victim of evil as evil.

Its all you need to know about their moral code.

Spewing hate on victims and telling people librals need to be shot in the head.

This is the new republican platform I guess.

- In a 1998 interview with Steve Kroft, Soros was asked if he felt guilty about confiscating property from Jews as a teenager. He responded, “No.” George Soros 60 Minutes Interview – 12/20/98

- “I don’t deny the Jews their right to a national existence–but I don’t want to be part of it.” That experience notwithstanding, Soros has chosen to exclude Israel and Jewish causes, by and large, from his massive philanthropy-a decision that has caused comment among one of his colleagues in the financial community, particularly those who are strong supporters of Israel. In Hungary, Soros has been subject to anti-Semitic attacks. Referring to being a target, Soros, in his book “Underwriting Democracy,” wrote, “I am ready to stand up and be counted.” When I mentioned that rather suggestive line to Soros during one of several extended interviews with him, he responded quickly, “Right. It took me a long time.”

He continued, “My mother was quite anti-Semitic, and ashamed of being Jewish. Given the culture in which one lived, being Jewish was a clear-cut stigma, disadvantage, a handicap-and, therefore, there was always the desire to transcend it, to escape it.” He confirmed what someone had told me-that his family name had long ago been changed from Schwartz. “So the assimilationist Jews of Hungary had a deep sense of inferiority and it took me a long time to work through that,” he said, adding, however, that he succeeded in doing so many years ago… “I am escaping the particular. I think I am doing exactly that by espousing this universal concept”-of open society. “In other words, I don’t think that you can ever overcome anti-Semitism if you behave as a tribe… the only way you can overcome it is if you give up the tribalness.”

(Source: THE WORLD ACCORDING TO SOROS by CONNIE BRUC, The New Yorker, January 23, 1995 The World According to Soros by Connie Bruck, The New Yorker, Jan 95 - Fullscreen)

So, in this thread it's being argued that Soros funded this 'Jewish cause', i.e., these rabbis, while at the same time Soros is being ridiculed above for NOT funding 'Jewish causes'.

Classic rightwing propaganda. Right out of the playbook. It even rates its own cliche:

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

We see that all the time here...just follow the talking points like ripples from a stone in a pond.

I'll note there was not a single Orthodox rabbi on that list.
This was entirely a political hit job masquerading as something else. Glen Beck's "crime" seems to have been to express an opinion unpopular in some circles. For that he must be silenced. Thank Gd Fox News has the stones to ignore this kind of pressure and tell them where to go.

Soros has chosen to exclude Israel and Jewish

Not being a Zionist makes him evil now? :cuckoo:

“In other words, I don’t think that you can ever overcome anti-Semitism if you behave as a tribe… the only way you can overcome it is if you give up the tribalness.”

Hence the rejection of Zionism.

Makes perfect sense.
Zionism is a large part of being a jew

Forum List

Back