...because Congress refuses to act

So now helping to lower loan payments for college students is cronyism? :lol::lol::lol: BTW, every president has used executive orders. I guess you think they're all shitting on the Constitution too? :cuckoo:

Cronyism? I dunno about that.. but I do know this.. when you take out a loan, you commit to a contract with defined terms. I had student loans, and guess what? I paid them back, in full, according to the terms I agreed to.

Good for you. And now thanks to Obama and Dems, not only are banks out of the student loan business - which saves the gov't and students money - those loans are now cheaper to pay off. And that's a bad thing how?

If you borrow $10,000 @ 5%, it really doesn't matter who loaned you the money.... and If you lower the max repayment amount from 15% of income to 10%, all you're doing is stretching out the amount of time to repay and thus, costing the borrower more money in interest.

So now helping to lower loan payments for college students is cronyism? :lol::lol::lol: BTW, every president has used executive orders. I guess you think they're all shitting on the Constitution too? :cuckoo:

Cronyism? I dunno about that.. but I do know this.. when you take out a loan, you commit to a contract with defined terms. I had student loans, and guess what? I paid them back, in full, according to the terms I agreed to.

that's because you're not a pansy assed whiney gimmie gimmie liberal. obie wan just bought himself some votes so yes it cronyism. all the way.

Time to stick your head back up your rotten gape, you borderline retarded ****.

Lowering payments for college students is fucking over the tax payer? First, students are tax payers, so I think they'd disagree with you. Second, they are college students - the future of the country. What makes them less important than the top earners and multi-billlion dollar companies who continue to benefit from tax breaks and economic policies?

I sincerely doubt a student pays FEDERAL INCOME TAX... asswipe.

You are a complete moron. Students who have jobs pay taxes. And fed taxes aren't the only taxes around. They're called sales taxes, gas taxes, etc. Students are tax payers.

More than likely, their parents are paying the bulk of these taxes.

I'll take that as a "Yes, Reagan and Bush should have circumvented Congress to pass thier agenda"

Yea, the intellectual honesty of a coward at work, ladies and gentlemen.

Continue to ignore that Bush used his EO quite a fucking bit, numbnuts.

Did he use it when Congress fought reform and protected F/F while they were in the process of bringing down the US housing market?

Did he use it when Dem fought him on privatizing SocSecurity?

Ohhhh...so you have no beef with it being done, you know - the use of Executive Order....... only when it's done on something that has your seal of approval.....

in otherwords........talking about using it making someone a dictator was hyperbole...not reality.

Monsters still under your bed?

that's because you're not a pansy assed whiney gimmie gimmie liberal. obie wan just bought himself some votes so yes it cronyism. all the way.

Time to stick your head back up your rotten gape, you borderline retarded ****.

Is this necessary?

Yea, the intellectual honesty of a coward at work, ladies and gentlemen.

Continue to ignore that Bush used his EO quite a fucking bit, numbnuts.

and I hope Republicans double down on it forevermore. too. :lol:

that's because you ACTUALLY care more about your party, less about the Constitution. We can't take you seriously on much of much.

so when obie wan know nothing does it it's constitutional? and when a Republican does it it's not constitutional??? Is that right Freakman?

They are not sitting on their hands, they just aren't passing the president's stupid jobs bill. Show me in the Constitution where Congress is supposed to obey the president.

What does that have to do with anything? What's under discussion here is whether Obama is breaking the law somehow, or violating the Constitution, or making himself a dictator. He's using the authority Congress already gave him because Congress refuses to give him new authority as requested. Whether Congress SHOULD pass the jobs bill is irrelevant.

When President Bush signed legislation with signing memos, the lefties went bat shit crazy.

When he resorted to so-called "Executive Power" at almost any time and under almost any circumstances, we were treated to lectures from the left on the dire threat of the imperial presidency.

But when President Obama does such things -- the silence of the leftie sheep deafens us.

What's that word for that blatant kind of duplicitous "standard?"

When President Bush signed legislation with signing memos, the lefties went bat shit crazy.

When he resorted to so-called "Executive Power" at almost any time and under almost any circumstances, we were treated to lectures from the left on the dire threat of the imperial presidency.

But when President Obama does such things -- the silence of the leftie sheep deafens us.

Double?

and when Bush does it Francis is silent.

when Obama does it, Francis cries "dictator!"

So, we're all cool now with the Obama Dick tater Doctrine of a President using his executive authority to make changes when he can't get Congressional approval?
You just heard-about-that, huh????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube[/ame]​

and when Bush does it Francis is silent.

when Obama does it, Francis cries "dictator!"

Is that how you actually read the OP?

A signing memo is actually a good thing and should be welcomed.*

An "executive 'order'" is facially invalid until and unless the action itself has been properly authorized by a grant of delegated power provided-for by the legislative body.

SO, although I could be misreading it myself, my understanding of CF's OP is that he was merely commenting on the hypocrisy of the left.

It MIGHT be that President Obama and his Administration CAN legally justify this executive order. I'd like to see the case made, though.

Last edited:
In retrospect, maybe.

Now, someone needs to take this to the SCOTUS.
.....The same people who insist corporations are people.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

handjob.gif

Double?

No.

That's not it.

It might be right, but it's not he word I was hoping to bring to mind....

Forum List

Back