...because Congress refuses to act

So, we're all cool now with the Obama Dick tater Doctrine of a President using his executive authority to make changes when he can't get Congressional approval?

Reagan should have closed the Department of Education and Bush should have shut Fannie and Freddie and Privatized Social Security, right?

So now we're supposed to be cool about outright lies being posted. Everyone knows EOs can't be issued without Congressional approval. Who are you trying to fool with that bogus "rep" number? They should be earned, not just given because you push the "approved" line!!!

I knew there was a reason I never granted him the dignity of the office. I knew he would abuse it and use it for the betterment of his buddies. Tsk Tsk,, what a fucking waste of time.

So now helping to lower loan payments for college students is cronyism? :lol::lol::lol: BTW, every president has used executive orders. I guess you think they're all shitting on the Constitution too? :cuckoo:

lower payments for college students is fucking once again over the taxpayer. asswipe. we'll be stuck with his fucking generosity.

Yeap, the exact same way were stuck with bush's welfare for prescription drug companies. And guess who gets to profit this time? Corporations that sell people technical school degrees for more money then getting a real degree at state schools.

lets all watch frank dip duck dodge the fact that this was done 100's of times under the previous president when he didn't say squat about it.................poor guy

I'll take that as a "Yes, Reagan and Bush should have circumvented Congress to pass thier agenda"

Oh, did I forget to mention the 4 new wars?

First of all, they're called 'executive orders'. Every president uses them. Remember all of the EOs Bush issued right before he left office? Yeah, it pissed off some of us liberals, but it wasn't unconstitutional.

Second of all, 4 new wars? Try ZERO new wars. The only two wars we are currently in are the same two wars we were in in Nov 2008. I find it hard to believe that you don't understand that; therefore, you must be lying.

What do you call it when we drop bombs and missiles on people? Outreach?

Did we declare war in any country other than Iraq and Afghanistan? No? Then, there is your answer.

lets all watch frank dip duck dodge the fact that this was done 100's of times under the previous president when he didn't say squat about it.................poor guy

I'll take that as a "Yes, Reagan and Bush should have circumvented Congress to pass thier agenda"

Yea, the intellectual honesty of a coward at work, ladies and gentlemen.

Continue to ignore that Bush used his EO quite a fucking bit, numbnuts.

Yes, they should have and so should every Republican who is ever elected to the White House.. and thumb their noses at the demonRats while they do it.

and I hope Republicans double down on it forevermore. too. :lol:

I knew there was a reason I never granted him the dignity of the office. I knew he would abuse it and use it for the betterment of his buddies. Tsk Tsk,, what a fucking waste of time.

So now helping to lower loan payments for college students is cronyism? :lol::lol::lol: BTW, every president has used executive orders. I guess you think they're all shitting on the Constitution too? :cuckoo:

lower payments for college students is fucking once again over the taxpayer. asswipe. we'll be stuck with his fucking generosity.

Lowering payments for college students is fucking over the tax payer? First, students are tax payers, so I think they'd disagree with you. Second, they are college students - the future of the country. What makes them less important than the top earners and multi-billlion dollar companies who continue to benefit from tax breaks and economic policies?

Cronyism? I dunno about that.. but I do know this.. when you take out a loan, you commit to a contract with defined terms. I had student loans, and guess what? I paid them back, in full, according to the terms I agreed to.

Lowering payments for college students is fucking over the tax payer? First, students are tax payers, so I think they'd disagree with you. Second, they are college students - the future of the country. What makes them less important than the top earners and multi-billlion dollar companies who continue to benefit from tax breaks and economic policies?

I sincerely doubt a student pays FEDERAL INCOME TAX... asswipe.

I guarantee you most college students are NOT tax payers. Working at Starbucks and having $980 taken out in taxes and then getting it all back at 4/15 does not make you a tax payer.

Cronyism? I dunno about that.. but I do know this.. when you take out a loan, you commit to a contract with defined terms. I had student loans, and guess what? I paid them back, in full, according to the terms I agreed to.

that's because you're not a pansy assed whiney gimmie gimmie liberal. obie wan just bought himself some votes so yes it cronyism. all the way.

Did he use it when Congress fought reform and protected F/F while they were in the process of bringing down the US housing market?

Did he use it when Dem fought him on privatizing SocSecurity?

Damnit Willow... you beat me to the punch.

Good for you. And now thanks to Obama and Dems, not only are banks out of the student loan business - which saves the gov't and students money - those loans are now cheaper to pay off. And that's a bad thing how?

So, we're all cool now with the Obama Dick tater Doctrine of a President using his executive authority to make changes when he can't get Congressional approval?

Reagan should have closed the Department of Education and Bush should have shut Fannie and Freddie and Privatized Social Security, right?

You really want to start comparing the numbers?

Because George W. Bush issued a crapload of executive orders.

Damnit Willow... you beat me to the punch.

goddamn liberals are so fucking generous with everyone else's money. We the taxpayers have thrown trillions of dollars at education what do we get? shitty teachers and dumb as rock students.

and I hope Republicans double down on it forevermore. too. :lol:

that's because you ACTUALLY care more about your party, less about the Constitution. We can't take you seriously on much of much.

So, I get Congressional approval to do "A", therfore I can do "Z"?

You get Congressional approval to do A-Z, so far you've done A, D, and G, which was the main original intent, now you look up the legislation and find it authorizes you to do Z, so this would be a good time. That's what Obama's talking about doing.

Y'all know this. Or you should.

They are not sitting on their hands, they just aren't passing the president's stupid jobs bill. Show me in the Constitution where Congress is supposed to obey the president.

You are a complete moron. Students who have jobs pay taxes. And fed taxes aren't the only taxes around. They're called sales taxes, gas taxes, etc. Students are tax payers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back