...because Congress refuses to act

So, we're all cool now with the Obama Dick tater Doctrine of a President using his executive authority to make changes when he can't get Congressional approval?

As you know perfectly well, or should, Obama is only proposing to find ways to act using Congressional approval he has already received.

Those actions by Reagan, which of course he never did, would have violated the Constitution. What Obama is proposing does not.

So, I get Congressional approval to do "A", therfore I can do "Z"?

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube[/ame]​

When President Bush signed legislation with signing memos, the lefties went bat shit crazy.

When he resorted to so-called "Executive Power" at almost any time and under almost any circumstances, we were treated to lectures from the left on the dire threat of the imperial presidency.

But when President Obama does such things -- the silence of the leftie sheep deafens us.

What's that word for that blatant kind of duplicitous "standard?"

and when Bush does it Francis is silent.

when Obama does it, Francis cries "dictator!"

Is that how you actually read the OP?

A signing memo is actually a good thing and should be welcomed.*

An "executive 'order'" is facially invalid until and unless the action itself has been properly delegated by the legislative body.

SO, although I could be misreading it myself, my understanding of CF's OP is that he was merely commenting on the hypocrisy of the left.

It MIGHT be that President Obama and his Administration CAN legally justify this executive order. I'd like to see the case made, though.

Yes, that is how I read the OP.

He called him a dick tator in chief with a doctrine, etc etc ad nauseum hyperbole.

He also is: a birther, thinks we have colonized the moon, and thinks that Obama is an uber secret Mooslim but somehow cries that he simultaneously sat in a Catholic church for 20-years listening to Blacketty black blackness, etc etc.

I can only infer things based on the ridiculousness of this guy's uh..."belief" system and objectively conclude that 9 times out of 9, he's a kook.

and when Bush does it Francis is silent.

when Obama does it, Francis cries "dictator!"

An "executive 'order'" is facially invalid until and unless the action itself has been properly delegated by the legislative body.

SO, although I could be misreading it myself, my understanding of CF's OP is that he was merely commenting on the hypocrisy of the left.

It MIGHT be that President Obama and his Administration CAN legally justify this executive order. I'd like to see the case made, though.

He called him a dick tator in chief with a doctrine, etc etc ad nauseum hyperbole.

He also is: a birther, thinks we have colonized the moon, and thinks that Obama is an uber secret Mooslim but somehow cries that he simultaneously sat in a Catholic church for 20-years listening to Blacketty black blackness, etc etc.

I can only infer things based on the ridiculousness of this guy's uh..."belief" system and objectively conclude that 9 times out of 9, he's a kook.

If CF is a birther, that's news to me. I was accused of being a birther, too. I wasn't, but that doesn't stop some folks from throwing around such accusations.

I don't think he claims we have colonized the moon. I did see him offers some posts about the fact that the moon is hollow. (LOL).

President Obama could be a Muslim, but who the fuck am I to judge? If he claims to be an adherent of some version of Christianity, maybe he is.

I don't think CF has ever said that the President sat in a Catholic Church. The allegedly "Rev." Jeremiah Wright may be a lot of things, but "Catholic" aint one of them.

But back on the actual thread topic.

I haven't done much of a search on the topic, yet, so I speak from a well of "ignorance" so far; but I WOULD like to see the alleged legal basis which "permits" the President to take the action he just purported to take.

Last edited:
I knew it was a matter of time until some Bush-hater jumped in here, only took 5 posts. Right on cue Kiwiman. :lol:

Oh and did he blame a lame Congress for signing those executive orders?? I think not.
Yeah....he was quite the....
....wasn't he??

handjob.gif

If CF is a birther, that's news to me. I was accused of being a birther, too. I wasn't, but that doesn't stop some folks from throwing around such accusations.

I don't think he claims we have colonized the moon. I did see him offers some posts about the fact that the moon is hollow. (LOL).

President Obama could be a Muslim, but who the fuck am I to judge? If he claims to be an adherent of some version of Christianity, maybe he is.

I don't think CF has ever said that the President sat in a Catholic Church. The allegedly "Rev." Jeremiah Wright may be a lot of things, but "Catholic" aint one of them.

I haven't done much of a search on the topic, yet, so I speak from a well of "ignorance" so far; but I WOULD like to see the alleged legal basis which "permits" the President to take the action he just purported to take.

Everything I said re: Frank is 110% truth, and he is the actual source. It may be, and I'm juuuUUUSt throwing this out there def. not to insult you, that you don't wish to call him names and ridicule his stupidity as you do so many others because of his Partisan Ideaology. Just throwing that out there.

I knew it was a matter of time until some Bush-hater jumped in here, only took 5 posts. Right on cue Kiwiman. :lol:

Oh and did he blame a lame Congress for signing those executive orders?? I think not.

Actually, I'm not exactly a GWB hater. I disagreed with many of his policies, just like I disagree with Obama (and have stated on these boards I have no intention of voting for the guy). Actually I'd rather have a beer with "W" than with the Big O.
Yeah.....

....and all that, huh??

handjob.gif

So, we're all cool now with the Obama Dick tater Doctrine of a President using his executive authority to make changes when he can't get Congressional approval?
You just heard-about-that, huh????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-A09a_gHJc]Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube[/ame]​

That's a damn good goal Mitch. I'm with ya.

Reagan should have closed the Department of Education and Bush should have shut Fannie and Freddie and Privatized Social Security, right?

RIGHT - But they did not have balls to do so. President Obama is becoming a Leader, while our 'do nothing just say no congress' does nothing to help America:cool:

Everything I said re: Frank is 110% truth, and he is the actual source. It may be, and I'm juuuUUUSt throwing this out there def. not to insult you, that you don't wish to call him names and ridicule his stupidity as you do so many others because of his Partisan Ideaology. Just throwing that out there.

Actually, as is often the case, you were wrong. That's not the same as 100% (or 110%) truth.

You were wrong, for example, about the claim that CF ever said that President Obama sat in a Catholic Church.

It is POSSIBLE that CF really thinks the moon is "hollow." But I have never seen him claim that the moon had ever been colonized.

Did you know that when you are wrong once (much less multiple times) your claim of being 100% truthful falls to the wayside as rubbish?

And there's nothing wrong with thinking that President Obama (who is notable for his unwillingness to be forthcoming) might be a Muslim who doesn't care to acknowledge it.
I mean, sure, that would be crazy talk if the guy had been raised in Hawaii or the midwest. But it's not quite as silly if the guy had spent some of his formative years in a fucking Muslim school in a fucking Muslim land where his application papers LISTED him as a Muslim.

If their number one priority is to sit on their hands and do whatever it takes to unseat the President, then you're damn straight!

So Bush should have taken the same tact when Pelosi took over, right?
That's supposed to make sense, huh??
eusa_doh.gif

Actually, as is often the case, you were wrong. That's not the same as 100% (or 110%) truth.

You were wrong, for example, about the claim that CF ever said that President Obama sat in a Catholic Church.

It is POSSIBLE that CF really thinks the moon is "hollow." But I have never seen him claim that the moon had ever been colonized.

Did you know that when you are wrong once (much less multiple times) your claim of being 100% truthful falls to the wayside as rubbish?

And there's nothing wrong with thinking that President Obama (who is notable for his unwillingness to be forthcoming) might be a Muslim who doesn't care to acknowledge it.
I mean, sure, that would be crazy talk if the guy had been raised in Hawaii or the midwest. But it's not quite as silly if the guy had spent some of his formative years in a fucking Muslim school in a fucking Muslim land where his application papers LISTED him as a Muslim.

Yea that's all nice, except what we do know about Reverend Wright's Church is that it's definitely not Muslim.

We also know that - Crusader Frank has both chastized Obama for going there for 20-years, while also at other times trying to accuse Obama of being aq closet Muslim.

He's a friggin kook, and corny as cheese to boot. That's an expression, btw, I know how you like to puff your chest out and call people on technicalities like you're doing here, for FRank the kook. (I know that cheese isn't corny, literally.)

I knew there was a reason I never granted him the dignity of the office. I knew he would abuse it and use it for the betterment of his buddies. Tsk Tsk,, what a fucking waste of time.

So now helping to lower loan payments for college students is cronyism? :lol::lol::lol: BTW, every president has used executive orders. I guess you think they're all shitting on the Constitution too? :cuckoo:

lower payments for college students is fucking once again over the taxpayer. asswipe. we'll be stuck with his fucking generosity.
Yeah.....let's go-back to....

....to dispense with federal education-loans.

That makes a lot-o'-sense.

handjob.gif

(You're not too fuckin' smart, huh?)​

Oh, did I forget to mention the 4 new wars?

First of all, they're called 'executive orders'. Every president uses them. Remember all of the EOs Bush issued right before he left office? Yeah, it pissed off some of us liberals, but it wasn't unconstitutional.

Second of all, 4 new wars? Try ZERO new wars. The only two wars we are currently in are the same two wars we were in in Nov 2008. I find it hard to believe that you don't understand that; therefore, you must be lying.

What do you call it when we drop bombs and missiles on people? Outreach?

Quit dodging the subject......

Reagan should have closed the Department of Education and Bush should have shut Fannie and Freddie and Privatized Social Security, right?

I love how you pretend republicans are not the exact same way.
.....Especially the nut-job.....

249.gif

Forum List

Back