Beautiful Black Ballerina

It is interesting how Americas standards have come full circle. Prior to the "One Drop Rule" being signed into law in the 20th century, many black citizens who were of mixed race "passed" for white to avoid oppressive, legal discrimination which obviously would have made life much more difficult.

Now, in 2014, such mixed race people who acknowledge their black half and embrace it as who they are, often are viewed by the white collective as "traitorous" to their white half for considering themselves black.
That's the first I've heard of that. To me it's interesting that people call themselves black if they aren't pure white. That was a racist thing of the past and they are voluntarily reinforcing it.

...talks about how racism in the art is still prevalent and how she is making them eat crow.

Unlikely ballerina takes the stage - CNN.com Video
So you believe blacks are kept out, except this one for some odd reason. Isn't it possible that ballets are pursued by many blacks?
Yeah thats pretty much what tends to happen. If the odd are against you, people tend to drop out of the race. Its human nature. Only those that simply will not quit overcome the obstacles. if the "look" the ballet companies are after doesnt include people of the Black race thats pretty much racism regardless of its intentional or not. The fact that people have told her she was not the right color tends to make me believe some of it is intentional.

It is interesting how Americas standards have come full circle. Prior to the "One Drop Rule" being signed into law in the 20th century, many black citizens who were of mixed race "passed" for white to avoid oppressive, legal discrimination which obviously would have made life much more difficult.

Now, in 2014, such mixed race people who acknowledge their black half and embrace it as who they are, often are viewed by the white collective as "traitorous" to their white half for considering themselves black.
That's the first I've heard of that. To me it's interesting that people call themselves black if they aren't pure white. That was a racist thing of the past and they are voluntarily reinforcing it.
Its called having an option and taking control of it. Reverse psychology doesn't effect people that are intelligent.

if the "look" the ballet companies are after doesnt include people of the Black race thats pretty much racism regardless of its intentional or not. The fact that people have told her she was not the right color tends to make me believe some of it is intentional.
Does she say that or the right look. Ballerinas seem to have all have the same build, in a very liberal field. So I guess libs really are racist.

if the "look" the ballet companies are after doesnt include people of the Black race thats pretty much racism regardless of its intentional or not. The fact that people have told her she was not the right color tends to make me believe some of it is intentional.
Does she say that or the right look. Ballerinas seem to have all have the same build, in a very liberal field. So I guess libs really are racist.
You must have neglected to watch the entire video if you have to ask me that.

Let's see..... we are reminded daily but the op that he does not care about whites, that they are racist if they are proud to be white, that every time a black has a problem it is due to white racism. But of course if a black person is proud to be black that is fine and NOT racism. If a white person said he did not care about blacks that too would be racist. If a white man claimed every time he had a problem it was because he was white it would be racism.

Notice the double standard?

...talks about how racism in the art is still prevalent and how she is making them eat crow.

She didn't present it as a racial issue. Merely a color one. All the pale performers in Swan Lake and yes, she will certainly stick out. What she was talking about is how thoughtless the ballet community is because they will blurt out whatever crosses their mind without thinking how it affects the target of the comments.

My sister is married to a ballerina and I have heard that exact comment from her as well. And she's white.

She didn't present it as a racial issue. Merely a color one. All the pale performers in Swan Lake and yes, she will certainly stick out. What she was talking about is how thoughtless the ballet community is because they will blurt out whatever crosses their mind without thinking how it affects the target of the comments.

My sister is married to a ballerina and I have heard that exact comment from her as well. And she's white.
Its weird how we can listen to the same video and I understand what she is saying is about race and you cant. Skin color is a big part of being Black.

Misty Copeland on Ballet Race and Her New Book -- The Cut

Its weird how we can listen to the same video and I understand what she is saying is about race and you cant. Skin color is a big part of being Black.

Not Really, shes no darker than i am

Its called having an option and taking control of it. Reverse psychology doesn't effect people that are intelligent.

Agreed. What makes it even more interesting is that the "one drop" (from what I could find), is still in effect. Furthermore, it is not always the biracial people themselves who insist on identifying with their black half to define what they are.

Take Tiger Woods, for example. He actually labled himself "cablanasian", but he will forever be recognized as "the most dominant black golfer" to ever participate in the game of golf.

One-drop rule persists Harvard Gazette

Agreed. What makes it even more interesting is that the "one drop" (from what I could find), is still in effect. Furthermore, it is not always the biracial people themselves who insist on identifying with their black half to define what they are.

Take Tiger Woods, for example. He actually labled himself "cablanasian", but he will forever be recognized as "the most dominant black golfer" to ever participate in the game of golf.

the one drop rule is used to obtain affirmative action

Last edited:

Do some reading on the origin of the "one drop rule", you dunce. Furthermore, the "one drop rule" does not pertain to white females, who benefit more than all from affirmative action.

The depth of your abject stupidity is astounding.

Do some reading on the origin of the "one drop rule", you dunce. Furthermore, the "one drop rule" does not pertain to white females, who benefit more than all from affirmative action.

logic eludes you

Not Really, shes no darker than i am
So what. She is the same color as my youngest daughter and she is Black.

logic eludes you

Not when it makes sense coming from an educated individual who is capable of expressing a clear thought supported by facts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back