Beautiful Black Ballerina

I am happy. Didn't you read the thread title? Didnt you notice what forum this thread is in? Sorry if her struggles with white racists bothered you.

I am happy. Didn't you read the thread title? Didnt you notice what forum this thread is in? Sorry if her struggles with white racists bothered you.
Sad that you and others like you cannot recognize the value, and the courage, needed to overcome difficulties in life, regardless of where they originate. If you could, you might try encouraging your young people to work to overcome adversity some other way than use of violence, lying in the streets, burning their neighborhoods, and shooting each other. You might teach your young people that there are other ways to find their way in life than popping out other children indiscriminately, or clinging to the drug/gang culture. But it does take courage, and perseverance, and guts. So much easier to stay on the plantation and avoid being labeled "oreos" or "unka toms", isn't it?

Sad that you and others like you cannot recognize the value, and the courage, needed to overcome difficulties in life, regardless of where they originate. If you could, you might try encouraging your young people to work to overcome adversity some other way than use of violence, lying in the streets, burning their neighborhoods, and shooting each other. You might teach your young people that there are other ways to find their way in life than popping out other children indiscriminately, or clinging to the drug/gang culture. But it does take courage, and perseverance, and guts. So much easier to stay on the plantation and avoid being labeled "oreos" or "unka toms", isn't it?
What does that have to do with this beautiful Black woman becoming triumphant over white racists that tried to keep her down?

[sigh]...more than you can understand, apparently. It's all about racism with you and you are possibly forever unable to overcome that blindness.
You must not have watched the video. She spoke about how deeply racism in entrenched in the art. Why do you think I posted this in the race and racism forum?

What does that have to do with this beautiful Black woman becoming triumphant over white racists that tried to keep her down?

so she says

She's half white genius same as Obama who came out of his "Whitey" mothers wumb:thup:

She's half white genius same as Obama who came out of his "Whitey" mothers wumb:thup:

Like Obama she says she is Black. Watch the video and read this genius. Must suck fo you that she doesnt id with being white.

Misty Copeland On Broadening Beauty And Being Black In Ballet Code Switch NPR

Misty Copeland - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"She is the third African-American soloist and first in two decades with ABT, where she has endured the cultural pressure associated with this role"

Like Obama she says she is Black. Watch the video and read this genius. Must suck fo you that she doesnt id with being white.

"She is the third African-American soloist and first in two decades with ABT, where she has endured the cultural pressure associated with this role"
She's half white, and so is Obama whose white grandparents raised him. So is Halle Barry, who white mother raised her, and black father abandon her. She also says shes black. Doesn't change that fact now does it? Generally mixed race women are beutiful:thup:

She's half white and so is Obama whose white grandparents raised him. So is Halle Barry who white mother raised her, and black father abandon her. she also says shes black. Doesn't change that facts now does
No that doesnt change the fact that all of them say they are Black. Glad you agree.

Halle Berry is especially adamant about it.

Halle Berry Daughter Nahla Is Black From One Drop Rule
"I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory."
-Halle Berry

...talks about how racism in the art is still prevalent and how she is making them eat crow.

Unlikely ballerina takes the stage - CNN.com Video

I was under the impression it was more her build, as being not very petite, rather than her color. However, she is wonderful, and I think she looks absolutely beautiful and is a very talented woman. Even if she isn't as petite as most prima ballerinas, she is still very graceful.

She's half white and so is Obama whose white grandparents raised him. So is Halle Barry who white mother raised her, and black father abandon her. she also says shes black. Doesn't change that facts now does
No that doesnt change the fact that all of them say they are Black. Glad you agree.

I do agree that mixed race women are beautiful i'm glad you agree as well

...talks about how racism in the art is still prevalent and how she is making them eat crow.

Unlikely ballerina takes the stage - CNN.com Video

I was under the impression it was more her build, as being not very petite, rather than her color. However, she is wonderful, and I think she looks absolutely beautiful and is a very talented woman. Even if she isn't as petite as most prima ballerinas, she is still very graceful.
You must have missed the comments about her color. My wife had the same issues as a model. They told her she was too curvy and would need to loose weight. They also wanted her to wear makeup that lightened her skin.

Not all of them but there are some lookers. Especially when they have Black in them.

That dancer certainly is, Halle Berry, too!

Halle Berry is especially adamant about it.

Halle Berry Daughter Nahla Is Black From One Drop Rule
"I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory."
-Halle Berry

LOL her kids are only 1/4 black and her mother is a blond women

I suppose claiming you're "black" instead of mixed race has it's advantages. If they'd own up to their entire genetic heritage, they couldn't play that racist card when convenient.
That only works when they are not turned down or discouraged for being Black. Must mixed race women take pride in being Black. I have only met a few that prefer being white and they always seem to have self hate issues.

Forum List

Back