Thomas Sowell - Coming Race War and "White Girl Bleed A Lot"

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Thomas Sowell - Coming Race War and "White Girl Bleed A Lot"

I admire and respect Sowell even when I disagree with his nonsense about liberals. He does have his blind spots and appears to have become less of an academic and more of a sell out to punidtry and hackism, but....

He's damn smart. So do you agree or disagree with him in this article and if so why and why not?

Is it possible to have a civil and rational discussion of this without all the usual nonsense?

Black mobs routinely terrorize cities across the country, but the media and government are silent. Read the detailed account of rampant racial crime in “White Girl Bleed a Lot: The Return of Race Riots to America”

Black mobs and the coming race war

and interesting video form over 30 years ago:

Thomas Sowell - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Thomas Sowell Agrees with Doug Bandler about the coming Race War SOLO - Sense of Life Objectivists

video: "It's cheaper for non profits to discriminate than it is for other industries. Not necessarily to their advantage just that it costs them less than it costs other." -two of Sowell's points. hmm...

He's damn smart. So do you agree or disagree with him in this article and if so why and why not?
From your link:
"Perhaps the most clearly backlash books are those written by Paul Kersey, whose central theme is that whites have created thriving cities, which blacks subsequently took over and ruined. Examples include his books about Birmingham ('The Tragic City') and Detroit ('Escape from Detroit').
Every thriving city built by whites owes some of its success to enslaved blacks and the genocide of Native Americans.

Considering this is over a year old and prior to the latest riots I think his insight in right on. As usual. "....denouncing him or ignoring him is not refuting him. Refuting requires thought, which has largely been replaced by fashionable buzz words and catch phrases, when it comes to discussions of race"

The quote you highlight isn't Sowell, Thomas Sowell highlights book exposing multi-city wave of attacks on whites. White girls bleed a lot is a direct quote from a black woman who mob attacked a white woman. Under reported, as the book and Sowell correctly point out.

georgephillip what is your point?
Centuries of US slavery followed by another hundred years of Jim Crow have left scars unaffected by fifty years of "integration." If it's true that US capitalism is no longer capable of providing good paying jobs for all who seek them, then the mass incarceration and demonization of blacks might lead to Sowell's race war.

I understand how slavery indirectly affects some black Americans today, but many black Americans have no direct link to slavery except the knowledge that Africans were slaves. I understand most all Americans today have never experienced a Jim crow Law. I also understand poverty and hopelessness. What I don't fully understand your interpretation of 'demonization' of blacks.

Considering this is over a year old and prior to the latest riots I think his insight in right on. As usual. "....denouncing him or ignoring him is not refuting him. Refuting requires thought, which has largely been replaced by fashionable buzz words and catch phrases, when it comes to discussions of race"

The quote you highlight isn't Sowell, Thomas Sowell highlights book exposing multi-city wave of attacks on whites. White girls bleed a lot is a direct quote from a black woman who mob attacked a white woman. Under reported, as the book and Sowell correctly point out.

D'Oh! That should be evident to anyone who reads the post before they comment. There are some here who would do that, so I guess your post is addressed to them?

D'Oh! That should be evident to anyone who reads the post before they comment. There are some here who would do that, so I guess your post is addressed to them?
Nope. It was to you.

Nope. It was to you.

really? your poor thing

Nope. It was to you.

really? your poor thing
Um, that was even dumber than your op missteps and the follow up.

It's cute you keep trying though

I understand how slavery indirectly affects some black Americans today, but many black Americans have no direct link to slavery except the knowledge that Africans were slaves.
Post traumatic slave syndrome is the best explanation for what I'm tying to convey here:
"PTSS is an explanatory theory which posits that centuries of slavery in the United States, followed by systemic and structural racism and oppression, have resulted in multigenerational maladaptive behaviors, which originated as survival strategies.

"The syndrome continues because children whose parents suffer from PTSS will often be indoctrinated into the same behaviors, long after the behaviors have lost their contextual effectiveness.

"The author states that PTSS is not a 'disorder' that can simply be treated and remedied clinically but rather must necessarily require a profound social and structural change in Americans and American institutions that continue to promote inequalities and injustice."
Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I understand how slavery indirectly affects some black Americans today, but many black Americans have no direct link to slavery except the knowledge that Africans were slaves.
Post traumatic slave syndrome is the best explanation for what I'm tying to convey here:
"PTSS is an explanatory theory which posits that centuries of slavery in the United States, followed by systemic and structural racism and oppression, have resulted in multigenerational maladaptive behaviors, which originated as survival strategies.

"The syndrome continues because children whose parents suffer from PTSS will often be indoctrinated into the same behaviors, long after the behaviors have lost their contextual effectiveness.

"The author states that PTSS is not a 'disorder' that can simply be treated and remedied clinically but rather must necessarily require a profound social and structural change in Americans and American institutions that continue to promote inequalities and injustice."
Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

There are in Africa, descendents of African slaves in Africa (not Atlantic slave trade slaves) who are also descended from African slave holders. Their ancestors are both the slave and the slave holder. They do not have the same issues as black Americans.

all this victimhood shit is ruining our nation

There are in Africa, descendents of African slaves in Africa (not Atlantic slave trade slaves) who are also descended from African slave holders. Their ancestors are both the slave and the slave holder. They do not have the same issues as black Americans.
Racism would not be a factor in Africa, and it's the biggest factor in the US.

From your link:
"Perhaps the most clearly backlash books are those written by Paul Kersey, whose central theme is that whites have created thriving cities, which blacks subsequently took over and ruined. Examples include his books about Birmingham ('The Tragic City') and Detroit ('Escape from Detroit').
Every thriving city built by whites owes some of its success to enslaved blacks and the genocide of Native Americans.
Paul Kersey is the name of Charles Bronsons character in Death Wish. Given the theme of those movies, I wonder if there is a connection.

From your link:
Paul Kersey is the name of Charles Bronsons character in Death Wish. Given the theme of those movies, I wonder if there is a connection.

good point

Racism would not be a factor in Africa, and it's the biggest factor in the US.

As far as I can tell, classism is a much bigger problem in America than racism is. This is not to deny or belittle how bad racism is. (had to throw that last part in in order to keep Georgie Porgie sane)

From your link:

Every thriving city built by whites owes some of its success to enslaved blacks........

What a load of bullshit!!!

Only a fraction of white Americans owned slaves so to suggest every thriving city owes any success to slaves is pure stupidity.

Only a fraction of white Americans owned slaves so to suggest every thriving city owes any success to slaves is pure stupidity.
Capitalism was fundamental to every thriving US city, and slavery underwrote capitalism in the north and south for a hundred years. Slaves were not only a source of cheap labor; they were also human collateral for bond markets on both sides of the Atlantic. Of course, good conservatives of the day believed that slaves were not human at all.

Capitalism was fundamental to every thriving US city, and slavery underwrote capitalism in the north and south for a hundred years. Slaves were not only a source of cheap labor; they were also human collateral for bond markets on both sides of the Atlantic. Of course, good conservatives of the day believed that slaves were not human at all.

More bullshit!

Other than picking cotton, slaves had no significant impact on capitalism.

Forum List

Back