Be Libertarian for just one election

Hey, you want to vote for Johnson, Gary or Lyndon, go right ahead. But if you don't vote for Romney you're voting for Obama de facto.
The narco-libertarians are a noxious weed on the GOP. They have no party loyalty and many of their policies are abhorrent to real conservatives. Good bye and good riddance.

What no beer at the BlueBird Cafe? Look.. I've been trying to tell you PUbs that you should give the "revolution" every damn thing they desire. Ain't no quicker way to destroy the Demo Party. Ask Billy Jeff Clinton, Rendell, and Cory Booker.. THey are PANICKED.

Let them repeal the "bush" taxcuts, starve Soc Sec into submission with their fairness cuts to premiums, hold the economy hostage with their energy, health and regulation philosophy, burn up the debt ceiling, ect. GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT.

If I don't vote Romney -- I could be helping Obama in a handful of states. But I'm helping to illustrate why we need more than 2 choices on the ballot.. I need my Dem in-laws to understand that the Dem party is NOT the party of Kennedy anymore and that the "revolution" they voted for will destroy this country and further polarize everybody..

Las ttime I was at the Bluebird was 30 years ago.
I dont vote to prove a point. I vote to elect people. And I want Romney elected over Obama. I want anyone elected over Obama. And Romney is the only candidate with an actual chance of winning.

I'm pretty sure that everyone is trying to elect people when they vote. And the only point I'm trying to make when I vote is that I care more about my morals and values than I do hyperbole about a particular politician.

Obama has nothing to offer me. Romney has nothing to offer me. Looks like I'm voting for someone besides those two idiots. But, if you want to continue being a slave to the two party system, then I can't stop you.

What no beer at the BlueBird Cafe? Look.. I've been trying to tell you PUbs that you should give the "revolution" every damn thing they desire. Ain't no quicker way to destroy the Demo Party. Ask Billy Jeff Clinton, Rendell, and Cory Booker.. THey are PANICKED.

Let them repeal the "bush" taxcuts, starve Soc Sec into submission with their fairness cuts to premiums, hold the economy hostage with their energy, health and regulation philosophy, burn up the debt ceiling, ect. GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT.

If I don't vote Romney -- I could be helping Obama in a handful of states. But I'm helping to illustrate why we need more than 2 choices on the ballot.. I need my Dem in-laws to understand that the Dem party is NOT the party of Kennedy anymore and that the "revolution" they voted for will destroy this country and further polarize everybody..

I dont vote to prove a point. I vote to elect people. And I want Romney elected over Obama. I want anyone elected over Obama. And Romney is the only candidate with an actual chance of winning.

I'm pretty sure that everyone is trying to elect people when they vote. And the only point I'm trying to make when I vote is that I care more about my morals and values than I do hyperbole about a particular politician.

Obama has nothing to offer me. Romney has nothing to offer me. Looks like I'm voting for someone besides those two idiots. But, if you want to continue being a slave to the two party system, then I can't stop you.

It's called reality. Since you can't vote for either one why don't you just save yourself the trouble and stay home? Or go have a few dozen drinks.

I was also saying this in another post a couple weeks back... You're right. Johnson can't win - Mickey Mouse cant win, but I think Romney can (and I don't even like Romney but he is a lesser evil than Obama)....

I think the libertarian party needs to focus on getting Obama out of office instead of voting for a candidate who has no chance - because that would just be a wasted vote.

I nominated Ron Paul and I would certainly vote for Johnson if he had a chance - but he doesn't....

I'm not going to waste my vote. The way I see it is that I'm voting against Obama and not for Romney...

Don't get me wrong - I would take any libertarian over Romney or any republican any day of the week, but Obama is just poison...

How long are you willing to use that excuse to vote for evil?

"This time we just have to get rid of the democrat, next time we'll get someone good". Its the same excuse every time.

Here's some reasoning I'd like to see Rabbi take issue with..

If it is at the point where I cannot trust 49% of my fellow citizens to go the polls and NOT VOTE for a party that will DESTROY this country --- the game is over. It's time to give them the rope to hang themselves. It's the fastest way to recovery. MORE TAXES. MORE useless Green Jobs. MORE starving SS with Payroll Tax deducitons. MORE Whiner and Beggars. VIVA la Revolution!!!!

I've GOT to be able to trust that we as a WHOLE are giving informed consent. I don't want to live in a represent.. Democracy with a bunch of morons.. That's a prescription for disaster.

I'lll wait for the INCOMING flaming or the NSA to claim sedition..
I dont' trust any of my fellow citizens. A person is a fool if he thinks it comes down to trusting other people. I dont vote to demonstrate trust. I vote to get people elected.
I am not ready to throw in the towel on America. This is a very great country and while we have some problems right now (and always have) these can largely be over come, little by little.
This is the problem with the narcos: they think merely electing Ron Paul will bring the coming of the messiah. The president is not a dictators. He is among the most constrained power holders on the planet. And the Founders designed it that way. So while he can exert substantial influence on the system, he cannot change the system. Or if so only incrementally.
I'll vote for incremental good over incremental evil any day.

It's called reality. Since you can't vote for either one why don't you just save yourself the trouble and stay home? Or go have a few dozen drinks.

Your post fails to the logical fallacy of the either-or argument. Look it up.

Since you can't vote for either one why don't you just save yourself the trouble and stay home?

That is the new paradigm of what decides elections. Barely half the voters show up on Election Day during Presidential elections. During off years, turnout drops by another 12 or 13 points.

Obama won't be re-elected by the number of voters he gets to the polls. He will be re-elected by the number of voters the GOP disgusted enough to stay home instead. It's all about which party has sickened its members the most. And from here it looks like the GOP is working double overtime to win that fight.

So Obama will be re-elected.

The only hope Romney has is if the derivatives bubble implodes again, this time in Europe.

Last edited:
In Nov, I am voting against anyone that has the wordi incumbent next to it. We need all those in washington replaced. Obama has an administration that is totally communistic and I am against it 100% Obama has to go, and all his appointees. They are ruining our country and our livelyhoods. I have never seen anything this bad in my life time.

In Nov, I am voting against anyone that has the wordi incumbent next to it. We need all those in washington replaced. Obama has an administration that is totally communistic and I am against it 100% Obama has to go, and all his appointees. They are ruining our country and our livelyhoods. I have never seen anything this bad in my life time.

My favorite radio guy of all time Jim Eason -- started the D.R.I.P. campaign.

Don't Re-Elect Incumbent Politicians.

But as a public message here.. That's not particularly libertarian thought. You're free to keep them around hoping they'll get better..

Since you can't vote for either one why don't you just save yourself the trouble and stay home?

That is the new paradigm of what decides elections. Barely half the voters show up on Election Day during Presidential elections. During off years, turnout drops by another 12 or 13 points.

Obama won't be re-elected by the number of voters he gets to the polls. He will be re-elected by the number of voters the GOP disgusted enough to stay home instead. It's all about which party has sickened its members the most. And from here it looks like the GOP is working double overtime to win that fight.

The only hope Romney has is if the derivatives bubble implodes again, this time in Europe.

Actually all the people who flocked to the polls in 08 will sit home. So Obama will not be re-elected.

Actually all the people who flocked to the polls in 08 will sit home. So Obama will not be re-elected.

Not to mention many people on the Right, who stayed home because they didn't like the Moderate McCain, will come out know even Though Romney is no Different, Because 4 more Years of Obama is simply not Tolerable.

Let's see. The last time you people had the power, you left us with two wars that have ran longer than any others we have fought. One of them started by us on the basis of lies. And the man that masterminded the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil was let go free for over seven years. The economy was in a shambles, damned near in the Second Great Republican Depression.

So, you think that we should put you back in power again? So that you can double down on failure, and actually put us into that Depression you so seem to desire? Sure, more tax breaks for the very wealthy. That created so many jobs that in January of 2009, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month.

Sure, let's crush all the unions, then everybody can work for McD's wages. Them youngun's don't need no damned fancy edumacation, they can do janitorial work for the Chinese, Japanese, and Europeans just fine without it. Scientists are always telling us things we don't want to know, so let's just drive the bastards out to some other country. Don't need 'em here, what have they ever done for this country? Environment? We'll just build better fences around our gated affluent ghettos, and ignore everything outside the gates. Yessireee Bob, we represent the REAL AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to mention many people on the Right, who stayed home because they didn't like the Moderate McCain, will come out know even Though Romney is no Different, Because 4 more Years of Obama is simply not Tolerable.

Charles-baby, which is it? Am I a traitor for not voting for Romney -- or are all those Rightists who sat home and sulked about McCain the traitors?

If they had a 3rd choice on the ballot better than McCain and came to the polls to express their hearts instead of sitting home --- would THOSE have been votes for Obama also?

Narco libertarians might be the most deluded on the planet, worse even than Obama knee pad carriers.

Behold, the NARCO AVENGER!!! Stiking fear in the hearts of freedom lovers wherever they dare to post!

Let's see. The last time you people had the power, you left us with two wars that have ran longer than any others we have fought. One of them started by us on the basis of lies. And the man that masterminded the murder of 3000 Americans on American soil was let go free for over seven years. The economy was in a shambles, damned near in the Second Great Republican Depression.

So, you think that we should put you back in power again? So that you can double down on failure, and actually put us into that Depression you so seem to desire? Sure, more tax breaks for the very wealthy. That created so many jobs that in January of 2009, we were losing 750,000 jobs a month.

Sure, let's crush all the unions, then everybody can work for McD's wages. Them youngun's don't need no damned fancy edumacation, they can do janitorial work for the Chinese, Japanese, and Europeans just fine without it. Scientists are always telling us things we don't want to know, so let's just drive the bastards out to some other country. Don't need 'em here, what have they ever done for this country? Environment? We'll just build better fences around our gated affluent ghettos, and ignore everything outside the gates. Yessireee Bob, we represent the REAL AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Libertarians had the power? When was that, exactly?

sigh... I remember when I used to be excited about the Libertarian Party...

the high point for me was Ed Clark in 1980...

btw... I'm still registered as a Libertarian in the Clerk of Court's voter rolls...

whoopee shit...

if I bother to show up to vote in November, I'll vote for Johnson...

but only because Louisiana isn't a battleground state in the upcoming election...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back