Be Libertarian for just one election

I'm all for voting Libertarian and supporting the Libertarian Party in local elections, but when it comes to the national presidential election voting Libertarian is voting Democrat, and there simply is no other way of looking at it.

I am also skeptical of the motivations behind those trying to convince people that would otherwise vote Republican to vote Libertarian in the upcoming election.

A third party vote, specifically Libertarian, is a vote for Obama. The name of this thread should be Democrat for just one election :eusa_eh:

It is better to not vote at all than vote for a lesser of evils. This stupid lesser of evils bullshit is why we keep getting more and more evils to choose from.

Don't reward the assholes with your vote. Make them earn it.

And, yes, let them lose. That is the only way they will finally wake up and smell the coffee.

The wailing and gnashing of Republican teeth over Obama is music to my ears.

But they still have not learned. They are actually working double overtime to re-elect Obama. It's going to be a close call, but I do believe the energy of the morons in the GOP is so high they most likely will reinstall Obama in the White House.

Well I have an eight month old child and believe that this election has far reaching consequences for him, and I refuse squander my vote away to prove some point. Besides that, if there is anything the Tea Party has shown it is that the third party route is not the way--the way is to retake the Republican Party and force our representatives to do the right thing.

Besides, if you don't believe that a second Obama term would be disastrous for this country then your vote is pointless anyway.

I'm all for voting Libertarian and supporting the Libertarian Party in local elections, but when it comes to the national presidential election voting Libertarian is voting Democrat, and there simply is no other way of looking at it.

I am also skeptical of the motivations behind those trying to convince people that would otherwise vote Republican to vote Libertarian in the upcoming election.

A third party vote, specifically Libertarian, is a vote for Obama. The name of this thread should be Democrat for just one election :eusa_eh:

It is better to not vote at all than vote for a lesser of evils. This stupid lesser of evils bullshit is why we keep getting more and more evils to choose from.

And, yes, let them lose. That is the only way they will finally wake up and smell the coffee.

But they still have not learned. They are actually working double overtime to re-elect Obama. It's going to be a close call, but I do believe the energy of the morons in the GOP is so high they most likely will reinstall Obama in the White House.

Well I have an eight month old child and believe that this election has far reaching consequences for him, and I refuse squander my vote away to prove some point. Besides that, if there is anything the Tea Party has shown it is that the third party route is not the way--the way is to retake the Republican Party and force our representatives to do the right thing.

Besides, if you don't believe that a second Obama term would be disastrous for this country then your vote is pointless anyway.

No such thing as a Libertarian vote goes to Obama. It will go to Gary Johnson. On election night Obama and Romney will be short of 100% -- that's my goal.. I want to be that 1% that doesn't reward the less sucky of duopoly...

If the election is won by 1% --- BOTH will pay attention next time and actually might address my issues.. If we had 3% with people voting for what they believe in and it determines the election.. so much the better.

Heck -- the result the day after the election is that 49% of the people who voted are PISSED OFF.. Is that a better outcome than voting your REAL conscience?

No such thing as a Libertarian vote goes to Obama. It will go to Gary Johnson. On election night Obama and Romney will be short of 100% -- that's my goal.. I want to be that 1% that doesn't reward the less sucky of duopoly...

If the election is won by 1% --- BOTH will pay attention next time and actually might address my issues.. If we had 3% with people voting for what they believe in and it determines the election.. so much the better.

Heck -- the result the day after the election is that 49% of the people who voted are PISSED OFF.. Is that a better outcome than voting your REAL conscience?
First off, you're in TN so your vote won't matter anyway. TN is going for Romney, period.
Second, I vote for people so they can get elected, not so I can feel good about myself.
Finally, in states that are up for grabs, every vote for Johnson, or Paul, or Ayn Rand is a vote taken from Romney. So the effect will be to elect Obama. You want to responsible for electing Obama again?

First off, you're in TN so your vote won't matter anyway. TN is going for Romney, period.
Second, I vote for people so they can get elected, not so I can feel good about myself.
Finally, in states that are up for grabs, every vote for Johnson, or Paul, or Ayn Rand is a vote taken from Romney. So the effect will be to elect Obama. You want to responsible for electing Obama again?

You're right about Tenn. Doesn't enter into my calculus because I did the same thing in California. ((Ooppsss, didn't matter THERE either by your logic. ))) So if my vote doesn't matter in a true blue or true red state -- am I really wasting it?

Trust me Rabbi --- On election night, if you look closely at the scrolls, Rebbe, you'll see my vote run by when it says Johnson(L) 3%... Doesn't "GO" to RomBama..

Why the heck are stalking Libertarians anyway? What happened to good ole GOP tolerance? Take a look at who has been associated with the Republican Libertarian Caucus. No RINOs or sexual deviants there is there?
:lol:

"If after 4 years you decide you don't like peace, liberty and freedom -- we can always vote tyranny back in"

There won't be 'peace' just because the 800 lb. gorilla decides he does not want to fight anymore.

The horny young 700 lb. gorilli will rise up to club him over the head and steal his bitches.

Law of the Jungle, you know.

Libertarian Fail.

WTF? You think Libertarians want to strip the military and take crap from lower primates?

Anyone screws with the US --- we got their coordinates. I'm tired of building post offices in rural Afghan. Our military is also... You watch how many donations come in from the guys who have fought for 15 years..

I agree man..... If we had a libertarian president, and if a nation decided to fuck with us - that libertarian would order that nation blown to pieces - not with ground troops but with aerial strikes.

I don't know why we keep on sending men and woman off to die in hostile areas of the world when we could just level the areas and be done with it with ZERO US casualties...

We fuck our selves by being too nice during warfare... Other nations give us 100% of their fire power in battle and we give them 20%. Iraq and Afghanistan would have been over 10 years ago if we gave them "the business."

You're right about Tenn. Doesn't enter into my calculus because I did the same thing in California. ((Ooppsss, didn't matter THERE either by your logic. ))) So if my vote doesn't matter in a true blue or true red state -- am I really wasting it?

Trust me Rabbi --- On election night, if you look closely at the scrolls, Rebbe, you'll see my vote run by when it says Johnson(L) 3%... Doesn't "GO" to RomBama..

Why the heck are stalking Libertarians anyway? What happened to good ole GOP tolerance? Take a look at who has been associated with the Republican Libertarian Caucus. No RINOs or sexual deviants there is there?
Hey, you want to vote for Johnson, Gary or Lyndon, go right ahead. But if you don't vote for Romney you're voting for Obama de facto.
The narco-libertarians are a noxious weed on the GOP. They have no party loyalty and many of their policies are abhorrent to real conservatives. Good bye and good riddance.

Hey, you want to vote for Johnson, Gary or Lyndon, go right ahead. But if you don't vote for Romney you're voting for Obama de facto.
The narco-libertarians are a noxious weed on the GOP. They have no party loyalty and many of their policies are abhorrent to real conservatives. Good bye and good riddance.

What no beer at the BlueBird Cafe? Look.. I've been trying to tell you PUbs that you should give the "revolution" every damn thing they desire. Ain't no quicker way to destroy the Demo Party. Ask Billy Jeff Clinton, Rendell, and Cory Booker.. THey are PANICKED.

Let them repeal the "bush" taxcuts, starve Soc Sec into submission with their fairness cuts to premiums, hold the economy hostage with their energy, health and regulation philosophy, burn up the debt ceiling, ect. GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT.

If I don't vote Romney -- I could be helping Obama in a handful of states. But I'm helping to illustrate why we need more than 2 choices on the ballot.. I need my Dem in-laws to understand that the Dem party is NOT the party of Kennedy anymore and that the "revolution" they voted for will destroy this country and further polarize everybody..

I was also saying this in another post a couple weeks back... You're right. Johnson can't win - Mickey Mouse cant win, but I think Romney can (and I don't even like Romney but he is a lesser evil than Obama)....

I think the libertarian party needs to focus on getting Obama out of office instead of voting for a candidate who has no chance - because that would just be a wasted vote.

I nominated Ron Paul and I would certainly vote for Johnson if he had a chance - but he doesn't....

I'm not going to waste my vote. The way I see it is that I'm voting against Obama and not for Romney...

Don't get me wrong - I would take any libertarian over Romney or any republican any day of the week, but Obama is just poison...

Last edited:

But then if I don't vote for Obama does that mean I voted for Romney?

I was also saying this in another post a couple weeks back... You're right. Johnson can't win - Mickey Mouse cant win, but I think Romney can (and I don't even like Romney but he is a lesser evil than Obama)....

I think the libertarian party needs to focus on getting Obama out of office instead of voting for a candidate who has no chance - because that would just be a wasted vote.

I nominated Ron Paul and I would certainly vote for Johnson if he had a chance - but he doesn't....

I'm not going to waste my vote. The way I see it is that I'm voting against Obama and not for Romney...

Don't get me wrong - I would take any libertarian over Romney or any republican any day of the week, but Obama is just poison...

How long are you willing to use that excuse to vote for evil?

"This time we just have to get rid of the democrat, next time we'll get someone good". Its the same excuse every time.

It means you voted for either or............... You pretty much wasted your vote.

A vote for Romney is a vote against Obama and a vote for Obama is a vote against Romney and a vote for __________ is a vote against both.

This is not the election to voice displeasure with the options..... Obama needs to be booted. The best way to get him booted is by voting Romney.....

That attitude is why you will always lose.

"This time we just have to get rid of the democrat, next time we'll get someone good". Its the same excuse every time.

Here's some reasoning I'd like to see Rabbi take issue with..

If it is at the point where I cannot trust 49% of my fellow citizens to go the polls and NOT VOTE for a party that will DESTROY this country --- the game is over. It's time to give them the rope to hang themselves. It's the fastest way to recovery. MORE TAXES. MORE useless Green Jobs. MORE starving SS with Payroll Tax deducitons. MORE Whiner and Beggars. VIVA la Revolution!!!!

I've GOT to be able to trust that we as a WHOLE are giving informed consent. I don't want to live in a represent.. Democracy with a bunch of morons.. That's a prescription for disaster.

I'lll wait for the INCOMING flaming or the NSA to claim sedition..

It means you voted for either or............... You pretty much wasted your vote.

A vote for Romney is a vote against Obama and a vote for Obama is a vote against Romney and a vote for __________ is a vote against both.

This is not the election to voice displeasure with the options..... Obama needs to be booted. The best way to get him booted is by voting Romney.....

Its the perfect election to do it. Both candidates are horrible for the country, so I will voice my displeasure. The country will survive Obama, it will survive Romney, but it will not survive this continued mentality of voting for the lesser of two evils.

So you like Romney? You better, because this is as good as the GOP is going to get as long as you keep rewarding the assholes with your vote. You are leaving a really shitty legacy for your child by helping to perpetuate the problem. The GOP knows they have fools like you in the bag no matter what they do.

You are the one squandering your vote, cheapening it the way a whore cheapens her pussy. The GOP has you trained to bend over and take in whatever sweaty slob whispering empty affirmations to stroke your esteem they send you.

Some people never learn...

Better one more term of Obama than a whole bunch of Obamas that are coming down the pipe if you don't learn.

Last edited:

I do my best to get my libertarians nominated and elected, it will take more than just a few of us libertarians to do that and hopefully the United States wakes up and sees that our platform and positions are correct and certainly healthy for the state and country....

I'm smart enough to know when a candidate has no chance - and I'm definitely not voting progressive. So what are my options; a) vote Johnson (who wont win), b) not vote, c) vote for Mickey Mouse or d) vote for Romney (who could oust Obamafuck)...... MMMMMMM I choose option D.

I would be ecstatic if I had a libertarian to vote for who had a chance but I don't, but I'm not wasting my vote in "protest" either....

I like some of Romneys ideas, but I doubt he will come thru on them, however he would be better than Obama, and I'm hesitantly willing to give him a chance.

Its the perfect election to do it. Both candidates are horrible for the country, so I will voice my displeasure. The country will survive Obama, it will survive Romney, but it will not survive this continued mentality of voting for the lesser of two evils.

Then you're just wasting your vote.....

This country can't survive Obamafuck....... That motherfucker is licking his chops right now dreaming about his second term where he can go into full Hitler mode and create his "National Socialist utopia."

You think he's bad now - wait and see what he will be like when he doesn't have to pander for "four more years."

The guys ideas could cause a civil war - which he wants so he can name himself "supreme leader" under Martial Law... That is his goal....

Then you're just wasting your vote.....

This country can't survive Obamafuck....... That motherfucker is licking his chops right now dreaming about his second term where he can go into full Hitler mode and create his "National Socialist utopia."

You think he's bad now - wait and see what he will be like when he doesn't have to pander for "four more years."

The guys ideas could cause a civil war - which he wants so he can name himself "supreme leader" under Martial Law... That is his goal....

Sorry. Unsubstantiated paranoid rants won't win me over.

The GOP of today needs the re-election of Obama.

You see, people are resistant to changing their bad habits until they are in a great deal of pain.

In true blue American conservative style, I absolutely refuse to enable the GOP's bad behaviors. They created Obama, and now they must lie in that bed.

Don't be an enabler. Think of the children!

Last edited:

What no beer at the BlueBird Cafe? Look.. I've been trying to tell you PUbs that you should give the "revolution" every damn thing they desire. Ain't no quicker way to destroy the Demo Party. Ask Billy Jeff Clinton, Rendell, and Cory Booker.. THey are PANICKED.

Let them repeal the "bush" taxcuts, starve Soc Sec into submission with their fairness cuts to premiums, hold the economy hostage with their energy, health and regulation philosophy, burn up the debt ceiling, ect. GIVE THEM EVERYTHING THEY WANT.

If I don't vote Romney -- I could be helping Obama in a handful of states. But I'm helping to illustrate why we need more than 2 choices on the ballot.. I need my Dem in-laws to understand that the Dem party is NOT the party of Kennedy anymore and that the "revolution" they voted for will destroy this country and further polarize everybody..

Las ttime I was at the Bluebird was 30 years ago.
I dont vote to prove a point. I vote to elect people. And I want Romney elected over Obama. I want anyone elected over Obama. And Romney is the only candidate with an actual chance of winning.

Forum List

Back