Battlecry: Christian kids have lost it

Hobbit said:
First off, it never says there is a time and season to not do everything.

Second off:
-I Corinthians 10:31 - Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
Everything is worship, and it is not up to the state to decide when is the appropriate time, so long as it does not disrupt the school. There is no wrong time or place to worship.

Thanks for proving my point that some people are unable to grasp the concept of appropriate time and place.

Why send Christian kids to school at all? They can worship uninterrupted by such mundane things as math and science and English at home and the resulting reduction of burden on our school system will have at least two benefits. We can drastically cut funding since there'll be an approximately 90% drop in the number of students AND the teachers can put more individual time into the teaching of each of the remaining students.

I'll wager you think your employer should have no problem if you spend the 8 hours you get paid for pursuing your personal worship instead of doing your job too.

MissileMan said:
Thanks for proving my point that some people are unable to grasp the concept of appropriate time and place.

Why send Christian kids to school at all? They can worship uninterrupted by such mundane things as math and science and English at home and the resulting reduction of burden on our school system will have at least two benefits. We can drastically cut funding since there'll be an approximately 90% drop in the number of students AND the teachers can put more individual time into the teaching of each of the remaining students.

I'll wager you think your employer should have no problem if you spend the 8 hours you get paid for pursuing your personal worship instead of doing your job too.

And thank you for proving my point that you're an incomrehensible ass that only reviews enough of my post to make whatever asinine point you're interested in. This will be the last post of yours I ever respond to.

Hobbit said:
And thank you for proving my point that you're an incomrehensible ass that only reviews enough of my post to make whatever asinine point you're interested in.

Is there some great meaning between the lines of "There is no wrong time or place to worship" that escaped me? That was the crux of the entire post. What part of your post did I fail to take into account that would make my reply incomprehensive?

Hobbit said:
This will be the last post of yours I ever respond to.

Congratulations...you've just established my belief in miracles. :halo:

mom4 said:
Why should we have welfare? Why should we have medicaid? We're always going to have poor people and old people. Why should we do the DARE program in schools? People will always do drugs.

Why not fight to protect and preserve whatever good we can? Why not prevent the loss of innocence whenever we can? Or do you think that sanctioning perversion, or apathetically hiding from it will HELP any child?

Isn't the DARE program an admission that innocence is lost ever more early these days? After all they are educating the children, as early as the third or fourth grade on drug use, and the dangers that it poses. To me, that's not a topic that I normally would associate with the typical lifestyle say 50 years ago.

DARE is a testament to what I'm saying.

Let's face the facts here:

If you're not educating your kids about sex, drugs, the dangers posed by strangers, and the other dangers in the world, than someone else already is. Whether its the media, or the teacher, or their friends, or their friends' parent. It's happening whether you want it to or not. And you know, for the most part, its not that terrible of a thing. Why people wait to explain sex until puberty is beyond me. It certainly doesnt help a kid to not know whats going to happen to them beforehand. But you know, thats your right as a parent, and if you want to allow your kid to be raised by other people and their viewpoints then thats your decision as well.

MissileMan said:
Verse 1 would include worship wouldn't it? Why is appropriate time and place such a difficult concept for some folks to grasp?
If worship was a specific action, I might agree with you. But worship is a mindframe and a lifestyle, which includes some actions, but is not limited to them.

mom4 said:
If worship was a specific action, I might agree with you. But worship is a mindframe and a lifestyle, which includes some actions, but is not limited to them.

Don't bother. Missleman likes to define his own terms and then be outraged when you suggest something that you didn't actually suggest. See, what he's doing here is narrowly defining worship and breaking down into full prostrate mode and praising God at the top of your lungs, something very innappropriate anyplace other than somewhere very private, as it seems a bit showy. This not only completely ignores the silent prayer and means of worship by casually promoting one's own religion, but also ignores the very verse I quoted to refute him.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's especially sad when schools are actively normalizing this crap. You think parents should just accept losing control over their children's minds? Why? So you lefties can take them over? Over our dead bodies.

I agree with pseudoghost in that kids are going to learn this stuff earlier and lose their innocence anyway. In my mind, it would be smarter for a parent to present these issues in a clear, appropriate way. That's just my opinion.

But policy-wise, though I disagree with a parent's approach to completely "protect" their children, I still respect it as a good-hearted approach and a personal freedom that we should be somewhat sensitive to (as I said before about appropriate commercials, etc.).

But we do not need to turn society upside-down to accommodate innocence through the radical demands of an organization such as Battlecry.

Hobbit said:
First off, it never says there is a time and season to not do everything.

Second off:
-I Corinthians 10:31 - Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.
Everything is worship, and it is not up to the state to decide when is the appropriate time, so long as it does not disrupt the school. There is no wrong time or place to worship.

If you think that everything that you do is worship, that's fine. Just don't make us stop the school day for kids to pray.

But why should Christians, more than any other group, remain politically uninvolved?

Christains aren't anymore restricted than say Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Satanists, Wiccans, etc etc...

And that is the beauty of our system.

As for why we should try to keep religion out of politics as much as possible.... its because if you don't then you open yourself up to something like this:

You're a 12yr old girl, you've just had your first period, 2 days later the local doctor shows up and informs you hes going to cut off your clitoris. You ask him why and he says "Because my god says so".

liberalogic said:
I agree with pseudoghost in that kids are going to learn this stuff earlier and lose their innocence anyway. In my mind, it would be smarter for a parent to present these issues in a clear, appropriate way. That's just my opinion.

But policy-wise, though I disagree with a parent's approach to completely "protect" their children, I still respect it as a good-hearted approach and a personal freedom that we should be somewhat sensitive to (as I said before about appropriate commercials, etc.).

But we do not need to turn society upside-down to accommodate innocence through the radical demands of an organization such as Battlecry.

You're just advocating acceptance of moral degeneration. I know you're a lib and this downslide is a plus in your perverted view, but please be tolerant of those wishing to actually fight evil, instead of just going along to get along.

rtwngAvngr said:
You're just advocating acceptance of moral degeneration. I know you're a lib and this downslide is a plus in your perverted view, but please be tolerant of those wishing to actually fight evil, instead of just going along to get along.

Personally, I think evil is someone who thinks anyone who doesn't believe in the same religion as he does is conspiring against him.

So there ya go. :teeth:

jillian said:
Personally, I think evil is someone who thinks anyone who doesn't believe in the same religion as he does is conspiring against him.

So there ya go. :teeth:

I don't think hindus are conspiring against christians.

Redhots said:
Christains aren't anymore restricted than say Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, Satanists, Wiccans, etc etc...

As for why we should try to keep religion out of politics as much as possible.... its because if you don't then you open yourself up to something like this:

You're a 12yr old girl, you've just had your first period, 2 days later the local doctor shows up and informs you hes going to cut off your clitoris. You ask him why and he says "Because my god says so".

Are you really equating female circumcision with school prayer?!? :wtf:

mom4 said:

What actions do you consider included in worship?

Redhots said:

But they're not. Muslims are constitutionally allowed to wear traditional dress to school, as it's part of their religion. Some schools don't even allow red or green during December, an observance of Christmas that most people don't even know the meaning behind.

That's quite a leap. I'm talking about letting all students be permitted to state their faith openly without fear of reprisal from the school and pray when they want within the limits of not disrupting school activities. I'm not even asking for specific prayer times, like the Muslims get, just the freedom to do things like pass out those little WWJD bracelets during lunch.

Hobbit said:
Don't bother. Missleman likes to define his own terms and then be outraged when you suggest something that you didn't actually suggest. See, what he's doing here is narrowly defining worship and breaking down into full prostrate mode and praising God at the top of your lungs, something very innappropriate anyplace other than somewhere very private, as it seems a bit showy. This not only completely ignores the silent prayer and means of worship by casually promoting one's own religion, but also ignores the very verse I quoted to refute him.

You were the one who got his panties in a twist. The mock indignation was a diversion to avoid answering the questions.

Forum List

Back