FRom Priesthood To Bishops..Women Gain Ground in Christian Religion

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Bonnie, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    http://www.newsalerts.com/news/arti...nd-in-christian-organizations.html:us0:688369

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    I think its interesting that more and more we are focusing on political correctness in religion rather than what the Lord wants.

3. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    You care to explain what you mean by this?

4. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    Didn't that new head Bishop decide to ingore many verses and declare by fiat that homosexual acts are not sinful?

While not being a christian I am unmoved by such a dogma shift, it is interesting to me that they elect a person that simply decides such things because if "feels" right.... Were I christian I doubtless would be uncomfortable with this type of action...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    I'm split on the issue of female priests, but I'm definitely completely against any priest who contradicts the Bible because she doesn't like certain parts of it. You know, there have been a couple of times when I wish they didn't have those pesky rules in there about fornication and lieing, but I followed them anyway because I know the biblical rules are there for my own good and that God doesn't make mistakes.

As for female ministers, I've seen them before in both the Methodist Church and the Assemblies of God, but I've also heard a few compelling arguments against it, not least of which being that the man is supposed to be the head of the household, something hard to do if his wife is the head of the church.

6. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,157
    I mean too many religions are concerned more about being progressive and politically correct than even going to the Lord to find out whats right.

This for examples. concerned more about having female Bishops then going to God to find out its correct. You notice in all of these votes by the Congregations that changes things, there is absolutely no mention of them asking the Lord His opinion. I mean if the Lord wants to change something He can, I mean He is God, but I just think its interesting that all these Congregations want to change things on a vote without consulting the Lord.

7. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    As a congregation they should have, But, you don't know what individuals have fervently asked for guidance from God.

Woman can do work that men cannot (and visa versa). This is NOT an entirely bad idea. The thing to do is to work together.

8. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    It all goes back to people wanting to change the word of God to suit their morality..... not God's.

9. Joz

Joz Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +221
    How so?

10. Bonnie

Bonnie Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +669
    In the Catholic church, women do play very important roles as nuns, administrators, school principals....They hold PHD's in psychology, business, and theology. Most importantly they devote their lives to Christ and the church. What more could they possibly want? Pride is a funny thing but it doesn't come from God...