Battle of New Orleans

Can swing it any which way - America PUNKED Great Brtitain in new Orleans.

And thanks foryour support in theUS Civil War - you smucks were on theside ofthe Confederacy until Gettysbug

And thanks foryour support in theUS Civil War - you smucks were on theside ofthe Confederacy until Gettysbug

Google 'the battle of Britain' from WWII. That tiny little island nation, that Hitler described as a 'nation of shopkeepers', took on the might of Nazi Germany - all by itself - and kicked fucking ass.

Just for devilment, without using google, which country managed to capture the Enigma machine - which, was one of the major factors in the defeat of Nazi Germany?

when I was stationed in Germany I took a trip ,one of many to LLoret De Mar...biug vacation spot for Europeans......in a club /bar having an argument with table full of french on one side and germans on the the...the war came up, 1600/1800's history I have a pretty encyclopedic knowledge of all the wars and battles in Europe.... etc etc..told them the reason they got their ass kicked by the Brits no matter who they fought with or against , Spaniards, Germans, french, Austrians, Turks, Dervishes etc. and Americans routinely, was becasue they didn't eat a proper breakfast.....table behind me had a crowd of brits at it, big cheer.....I didn't buy another drink all night...what a riot.

Last edited:

Google 'the battle of Britain' from WWII. That tiny little island nation, that Hitler described as a 'nation of shopkeepers', took on the might of Nazi Germany - all by itself - and kicked fucking ass.

Just for devilment, without using google, which country managed to capture the Enigma machine - which, was one of the major factors in the defeat of Nazi Germany?

According to Hollywood it was you guys that captured the Enigma machine! :lol:

I'm aware of the bullshit perpetrated by Hollywood. And it seriously pisses me off.... that movie was a load of shite from start to finish.... and my nation has so many glorious victories from WWII... I fail to see why we should steal the Brits thunder on the Enigma capture. Kudos to the Brits for that one.

However, please don't forget it was the Poles who in fact got the very first one!

Pardon me for asking but how old are you? 12?

A superpower is a state with a dominant position in the international system which has the ability to influence events and its own interests and project power on a worldwide scale to protect those interests. A superpower is traditionally considered to be one step higher than a great power.

We qualify on all counts. Though I concede, and you have no idea how much this pains me, you do indeed have bigger teeth. But you still come to us first when you want to knock heads together.

And I hope that when we do eventually knock on North Korea's door, we'll do it hand in motherfucking hand.

I beg to differ. There is currently only one superpower, the USA. I think qualifications of a superpower is possession of nuclear weapons, economic power and influence over the World economy, able to project dominant military power across the globe and societal influence across the planet. The Brits, French, Russians and Chinese do possess considerable parts of all these factors but none of them can project dominant military force anywhere in the world, therefore they are not superpowers. I also think the influence of American society through the media, movies and music also proves the superpower status of the USA.

Clark Gable as Fletcher Christian in Mutiny On TheBounty -1935. Good Stuff. Fronchot Tone was alsa awesome.

I still think that Charles Laughton as Capt Bligh was one ofthe very best acting perf ever.

A superpower is a state with a dominant position in the international system which has the ability to influence events and its own interests and project power on a worldwide scale to protect those interests. A superpower is traditionally considered to be one step higher than a great power.

We qualify on all counts. Though I concede, and you have no idea how much this pains me, you do indeed have bigger teeth. But you still come to us first when you want to knock heads together.

And I hope that when we do eventually knock on North Korea's door, we'll do it hand in motherfucking hand.

I beg to differ. There is currently only one superpower, the USA. I think qualifications of a superpower is possession of nuclear weapons, economic power and influence over the World economy, able to project dominant military power across the globe and societal influence across the planet. The Brits, French, Russians and Chinese do possess considerable parts of all these factors but none of them can project dominant military force anywhere in the world, therefore they are not superpowers. I also think the influence of American society through the media, movies and music also proves the superpower status of the USA.

Don't sell the Chinese short my friend. Right now they could fight a nuclear war and have around 10-15 million people survive it. That means they win 'cause we wouldn't have near that many. They are rapidly building a blue water navy and when they get that fitted out you had better start watching out because they are producing almost everything the world buys right now. If they decide to stop....what happens when you can't buy shoes anymore? How about those car parts you need for your truck? Etc. etc. etc.

China MOST certainly IS a superpower. They are so far choosing to exercise restraint in how they flex their muscles.

Don't sell the Chinese short my friend. Right now they could fight a nuclear war and have around 10-15 million people survive it. That means they win 'cause we wouldn't have near that many. They are rapidly building a blue water navy and when they get that fitted out you had better start watching out because they are producing almost everything the world buys right now. If they decide to stop....what happens when you can't buy shoes anymore? How about those car parts you need for your truck? Etc. etc. etc.

China MOST certainly IS a superpower. They are so far choosing to exercise restraint in how they flex their muscles.

The Chinese do have economic power but they only have regional dominance in military matters. They have built a good sub force but lack qualitive and quantitive surface elements to their naval forces. Because of this lack and other influence factors over the world I cannot classify them as a superpower. They certainly have the ability to cause considerable destruction in a nuclear exchange but no one wins one of those those. Everybody loses if it comes to that.

But they do posses enough forces and have the short interior lines to defeat the US in a war over Taiwan. And economicaly they can cause some disruption but it would be self defeating for them because other nations would step up.

Except you're yet to prove this so-called dominance without having your hand held by the British.

We've proved ourselves capable, in victory, of projecting our power across the world against a significant threat single handedly in 1982. The United States is yet to rise to the challenge and emerge victorious.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back