Baseball 2015 Thread

You didnt point out any facts.
I dont know of any team in baseball that doesnt have a bad stretch at some point in the season.
Whatever dude, you don't like what I opted about your beloved Astros. I can deal with it, it looks like all you can do is cry about the facts.

Fact is the Stros are in the post season.

Gee, Captain Obvious nice catch. I don't think I ever said they weren't. It took the last weekend for the Astros who, had an 8 game lead in their division at one time to get the last Wild Card spot.

No go on your whine, and get some cheese.

I'm not the one whining.
You seem to have a problem with the Stros making the post season,not me.
I remember my startlement when I was reading that many of the experts thought the Stros' pitching was only mediocre. I said then that it was not mediocre talent at all, and if it held up the team could make it to the playoffs.

To win in KC, Houston is going to have to hit for a good average, which will be a challenge. They will have to run like crazy on the bases, the talent for which they excel, leading the league in stolen bases as well as home runs. I think KC will take the series. Toronto and Texas are toss ups.

It should be interesting.
KC has some good pitching and the Stros bats are insane.
The Stros have a better ERA and they get more hits.
Than you have this....

"Kansas City struggled to muster much offense against the Astros in their two series this year, limping to a 2-4 record. The Royals were swept just four times this year - one of those sweeps occurred in Houston"

Whatever dude, you don't like what I opted about your beloved Astros. I can deal with it, it looks like all you can do is cry about the facts.

Gee, Captain Obvious nice catch. I don't think I ever said they weren't. It took the last weekend for the Astros who, had an 8 game lead in their division at one time to get the last Wild Card spot.

I'm not the one whining.
I remember my startlement when I was reading that many of the experts thought the Stros' pitching was only mediocre. I said then that it was not mediocre talent at all, and if it held up the team could make it to the playoffs.

To win in KC, Houston is going to have to hit for a good average, which will be a challenge. They will have to run like crazy on the bases, the talent for which they excel, leading the league in stolen bases as well as home runs. I think KC will take the series. Toronto and Texas are toss ups.

Than you have this....

"Kansas City struggled to muster much offense against the Astros in their two series this year, limping to a 2-4 record. The Royals were swept just four times this year - one of those sweeps occurred in Houston"
Yeah, the Houston team has a chance, so we will see what we will see.

I'm not the one whining.

Than you have this....

I would have to say they have more than a chance judging from the regular season record.

I'm not the one whining.

Than you have this....

I would have to say they have more than a chance judging from the regular season record.
The KC stadium is does not favor the long ball and Houston does not hit for high average. They are going to have to manufacture runs mostly on the lines of small ball. They lead the league in SBs, so, yes, they certainly have a chance. I would not favor them. But I hope for them.

Huge game tonight for my Buccos! I'll be glued to the telly.

I wish this wasnt a one game playoff,that it was the last game to see who would go to the world series in the NL because they are my two favorite teams in the NL.

Cubs have always been my fave in the NL and I became a fan of the Bucs when Hurdle became their manager,I would still like them regardless if Hurdle wasnt their manager since i like to see the small market teams like the royals and pirates do well.

My royals made it to the world series last year,I hope your pirates make it next year if not this year. as long as it is the bucs,cubs or dodgers i dont care,I like all those teams.

do you agree with my earlier post that the Cubs pitcher will get rattled by the loud crowd there same as that Reds pitcher did a couple years ago?

The baseball announcers correctly called it last year after just the first inning or so that they did not think the crowd would have no effect on Baumgardner so it will depend on what they say when we will find out for sure but from what YOU know about their pitcher,do you think he will? I think he will.

Baum is a rare special pitcher who overwhelms you with his stuff and can block out a loud noisy crowd when falling behind so it did not bother him as the announcers correctly predicted.

It is a bit disappointing to see two very very good teams battle it out in sudden death. I am very excited but it should prove to be a great game. The crowd will play into the Pirates favor for sure, whether it fucks with the pitcher remains to be seen. lol. You can feel the electricity in the air, playoffs baby! Wohoo!

Yeah the crowd support there for sure will play in favor of the Bucs because like you said,you can feel the electricity in the air there and the players feed off it. I dont think their pitcher will be able to deal with it if he falls behind like Baum was able to is my hunch. we'll see tonight if my hunch is right.

who does the winner of this game go on to play after tonight by chance?

The Cards.
thats what i thought. whichever teams wins this game tonight i sure hope they can take the cards.thats the one team in the NL i cannot stand.
Why don't you like the Cardinals? Because they've won a lot lately without having to buy teams the way the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies and Dodgers can?
You should respect their management success and their fan base's loyalty, baseball knowledge and courtesy.

Never too early for Baseball right?

Lots of story lines going on this year.

What's your team and what are your predictions?

My team is the Nationals and my 1st prediction is that Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper are about to BLOW UP! And *cough* Max Scherzer *cough* Jordan Zimmerman *cough* Doug Fister *cough* Gio Gonzalez *cough**cough**cough* The Nationals FUCKING RULE!!!

2nd Prediction: everyone will boo A-Rod

3rd Prediction: the Padres will be awful

4th Prediction: The Cubs win a lot? :eek::eek::eek: :dunno: :confused: :cuckoo:

World Series Champion: The Washington Fucking Nationals

How about you all?
I waited 34 years for a team here and share your disappointment in what should have been at the very least a playoff year. Riggleman's revenge.

My team is the Nationals and my 1st prediction is that Stephen Strasburg and Bryce Harper are about to BLOW UP! And *cough* Max Scherzer *cough* Jordan Zimmerman *cough* Doug Fister *cough* Gio Gonzalez *cough**cough**cough* The Nationals FUCKING RULE!!!

How about you all?
I waited 34 years for a team here and share your disappointment in what should have been at the very least a playoff year. Riggleman's revenge.
Terrible year. But hey Redskins 2 - 2 and the rest of the division looks like shit! Playoffs with a 6 - 10 record??? I'll keep my fingers crossed! :rofl:

How about you all?
Terrible year. But hey Redskins 2 - 2 and the rest of the division looks like shit! Playoffs with a 6 - 10 record??? I'll keep my fingers crossed! :rofl:
I don't watch NFL. It's the Free Bird/Stairway to Heaven/Mustang Sally of sports.
If MLB adopted NFL rules, the pitching mound would be level and 65' from the plate and all home run fences would be 300 ft.

How about you all?
I don't watch NFL. It's the Free Bird/Stairway to Heaven/Mustang Sally of sports.
If MLB adopted NFL rules, the pitching mound would be level and 65' from the plate and all home run fences would be 300 ft.

Agreed on the first point, in that beisbol is the thinking man's game.

But on the latter --- you'd double the length of the game and end up with the scores you have in the NFL now.

How about you all?

But on the latter --- you'd double the length of the game and end up with the scores you have in the NFL now.

Six innings, two outs per inning and the double digit scores would be what they are after.

I wish this wasnt a one game playoff,that it was the last game to see who would go to the world series in the NL because they are my two favorite teams in the NL.

Cubs have always been my fave in the NL and I became a fan of the Bucs when Hurdle became their manager,I would still like them regardless if Hurdle wasnt their manager since i like to see the small market teams like the royals and pirates do well.

My royals made it to the world series last year,I hope your pirates make it next year if not this year. as long as it is the bucs,cubs or dodgers i dont care,I like all those teams.

do you agree with my earlier post that the Cubs pitcher will get rattled by the loud crowd there same as that Reds pitcher did a couple years ago?

The baseball announcers correctly called it last year after just the first inning or so that they did not think the crowd would have no effect on Baumgardner so it will depend on what they say when we will find out for sure but from what YOU know about their pitcher,do you think he will? I think he will.

Baum is a rare special pitcher who overwhelms you with his stuff and can block out a loud noisy crowd when falling behind so it did not bother him as the announcers correctly predicted.

It is a bit disappointing to see two very very good teams battle it out in sudden death. I am very excited but it should prove to be a great game. The crowd will play into the Pirates favor for sure, whether it fucks with the pitcher remains to be seen. lol. You can feel the electricity in the air, playoffs baby! Wohoo!

Yeah the crowd support there for sure will play in favor of the Bucs because like you said,you can feel the electricity in the air there and the players feed off it. I dont think their pitcher will be able to deal with it if he falls behind like Baum was able to is my hunch. we'll see tonight if my hunch is right.

The Cards.
thats what i thought. whichever teams wins this game tonight i sure hope they can take the cards.thats the one team in the NL i cannot stand.
Why don't you like the Cardinals? Because they've won a lot lately without having to buy teams the way the Yankees, Red Sox, Phillies and Dodgers can?
You should respect their management success and their fan base's loyalty, baseball knowledge and courtesy.

The Cards.

Its the combination of two things.

I hate saint louis fans because they whined about how bad it felt to lose the football cardinals,they knew how bad it felt to have something stolen from them yet what do they go and do? they go out and do the same thing and steal the Rams from LA.fucking hypocrites. that was the darkest and most depressing moment in my life when they took the Rams,

Not only are they hypocrites they are bandwagon fans,they never even wanted them in the first place.the first four years they were there and were horrible,that stadium was half empty all the time.wasnt till they went to the superbowl that they started supporting them.what a bunch of a holes.

second reason is this.

Report -- FBI investigating St. Louis Cardinals for hacking Houston Astros' database

It looks like they are such a great team because they are the patriots of the NFL. Tony Larussa is friends with Belicheat.Looks like Belicheat has taught them well how to cheat.

If Belicheat is hanging around the cardinals stadium talking with LA Russa,then the cardinals stink to high heaven,something smells really bad here.

How about you all?

with the way commissioner Goddel has had his head up patriots owner Robert Krafts ass all these years and with the way they get special treatment the rest of the NFL teams dont get and are the rich spoiled brats of the NFL,I have had it with the NFL the fact that Kraft is allowed to remain owner of the team.I just watch old NFL games now for the most part.

FUCK THE NFL.

The Cards.

The Cards.

I hate saint louis fans because they whined about how bad it felt to lose the football cardinals,they knew how bad it felt to have something stolen from them yet what do they go and do? they go out and do the same thing and steal the Rams from LA.fucking hypocrites. that was the darkest and most depressing moment in my life when they took the Rams,

Not only are they hypocrites they are bandwagon fans,they never even wanted them in the first place.the first four years they were there and were horrible,that stadium was half empty all the time.wasnt till they went to the superbowl that they started supporting them.what a bunch of a holes.

second reason is this.

Report -- FBI investigating St. Louis Cardinals for hacking Houston Astros' database

It looks like they are such a great team because they are the patriots of the NFL. Tony Larussa is friends with Belicheat.Looks like Belicheat has taught them well how to cheat.

If Belicheat is hanging around the cardinals stadium talking with LA Russa,then the cardinals stink to high heaven,something smells really bad here.
You're comparing football fans to baseball fans. Apples and oranges in St Louis.
LaRussa doesn't cheat. He just wins. I assume that's really the same reason people don't like Belichek. I don't even watch NFL but that deflated football thing was ridiculous. Football air pressure doesn't make a team dominate the line of scrimmage which is where football games are won and lost. Even in the NFL.

How about you all?

Six innings, two outs per inning and the double digit scores would be what they are after.

Pffft. What you have there is the sports equivalent of a doughnut. All splash, no sense of tension and resolution. You lose the poetry.

The Cards.

The Cards.

second reason is this.

You're comparing football fans to baseball fans. Apples and oranges in St Louis.
LaRussa doesn't cheat. He just wins. I assume that's really the same reason people don't like Belichek. I don't even watch NFL but that deflated football thing was ridiculous. Football air pressure doesn't make a team dominate the line of scrimmage which is where football games are won and lost. Even in the NFL.

No your post is the only thing rediculous.

Pure BS that Belicheat doesnt cheat. the reason the cheats have been in so many superbowls is they had to cheat their way to get there plain and simple.

For instance deflated footballs is a huge advantage in throwing them for that team in the cold plus the chances of fumbling are far more greater with a properly inflated football than one that it underinflated hense WHY the cheatriots have led the league so many years in not fumbling the balls versus other teams.:rolleyes:

sorry but I will take the words over many former NFL players that have said they are cheaters INCLUDING Bradys own former idol joe montana and a former center of his that played on three superbowls.i think THEY all have just a little more credibility than you do.:lmao::lol::lmao::rofl:

so again,for La russa to hang around that criminal BeliCHEAT,sorry but i refuse to root for a team that has a former manager of theirs that hangs around that criminal.

oh and if you were not on a deserted inland you would know the refs have been in the pockets of Kraft ever since he took ownership of the team that they have been in one scandal after another scandal since they won their first superbowl.:lmao:

people hate Belicheat cause he wins? of really? I could not stand him back in cleveland when he was with the Browns and had only one winning season in the five years he was there.thats why I have to laugh at the idiots who say he is the greatest coach of all time because he was a complete failure at cleveland before he came to NE.:lmao:

He was a complete loser at cleveland and then comes to NE and has his first losing season there with bledsoe as his quarterback and then the next year tom brady comes and saves his ass from the toilet and turns their franchise around and now Belicheat is all of a sudden a great coach?:rolleyes:

Oh and for the record,I have always been a huge fan of La russa until i saw that pic this past summer of him hanging out with Belicheat.:D

pick another topic because i just owned you and took you to school that belicheat is a cheater,your ass was OWNED.:rofl:

Belicheat was getting desperate when he came to NE.He did not want to be remembered as a failure his whole life as he was in cleveland so with a corrupt owner behind him,he cheated his whole way to six superbowls.plain and simple.

this is the biggest scandal and sports history since the black sox.anybody who denys that reality is a complete idiot.

Last edited:

Pffft. What you have there is the sports equivalent of a doughnut. All splash, no sense of tension and resolution. You lose the poetry.
You're preaching to the choir.

The Cards.

The Cards.

second reason is this.

Pure BS that Belicheat doesnt cheat. the reason the cheats have been in so many superbowls is they had to cheat their way to get there plain and simple.

For instance deflated footballs is a huge advantage in throwing them for that team in the cold plus the chances of fumbling are far more greater with a properly inflated football than one that it underinflated hense WHY the cheatriots have led the league so many years in not fumbling the balls versus other teams.:rolleyes:

sorry but I will take the words over many former NFL players that have said they are cheaters INCLUDING Bradys own former idol joe montana and a former center of his that played on three superbowls.i think THEY all have just a little more credibility than you do.:lmao::lol::lmao::rofl:

so again,for La russa to hang around that criminal BeliCHEAT,sorry but i refuse to root for a team that has a former manager of theirs that hangs around that criminal.

oh and if you were not on a deserted inland you would know the refs have been in the pockets of Kraft ever since he took ownership of the team that they have been in one scandal after another scandal since they won their first superbowl.:lmao:

people hate Belicheat cause he wins? of really? I could not stand him back in cleveland when he was with the Browns and had only one winning season in the five years he was there.thats why I have to laugh at the idiots who say he is the greatest coach of all time because he was a complete failure at cleveland before he came to NE.:lmao:

He was a complete loser at cleveland and then comes to NE and has his first losing season there with bledsoe as his quarterback and then the next year tom brady comes and saves his ass from the toilet and turns their franchise around and now Belicheat is all of a sudden a great coach?:rolleyes:

Oh and for the record,I have always been a huge fan of La russa until i saw that pic this past summer of him hanging out with Belicheat.:D

pick another topic because i just owned you and took you to school that belicheat is a cheater,your ass was OWNED.:rofl:

Belicheat was getting desperate when he came to NE.He did not want to be remembered as a failure his whole life as he was in cleveland so with a corrupt owner behind him,he cheated his whole way to six superbowls.plain and simple.

this is the biggest scandal and sports history since the black sox.anybody who denys that reality is a complete idiot.
I don't really care about what you or anyone thinks of Belichek or the Patriots or the NFL, etc. I don't watch NFL.
But if you really think the air in a football will have more impact than winning the LOS then you don't really understand football, even at the NFL level.

second reason is this.

I don't really care about what you or anyone thinks of Belichek or the Patriots or the NFL, etc. I don't watch NFL.
But if you really think the air in a football will have more impact than winning the LOS then you don't really understand football, even at the NFL level.

yeah i can see you dont watch football the fact that you are so ignorant about it how it does indeed have such a huge impact.:biggrin::lmao:

AGAIN,sorry but i think former NFL players INCLUDING his own idol joe montana and his own former center that played on three superbowls with Brady who have all came out and called him a cheater all have just a LITTLE more credibility than you do.:rolleyes::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha:

no wonder you dont watch it,you are completely ignorant on the subject.:lmao:

dont enter a debate if you arent going to read the entire post that takes you to school.:rolleyes:

dont know why i bother posting this link since you wont read it the fact you obviously did not read my last post but oh well,here it goes.

Here's The Advantage Of Deflated Footballs - Business Insider

oh and love how you played dodgeball with my question on your theory that i hate him because he wins when i asked you then WHY did i hate him when he was with cleveland when he was a loser?

that was one of several points i made you ran tail away from.:rolleyes:

that smiley in that avatar of yours is me laughing at you how you cant stand toe to toe in a debate.
:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

Last edited:
I pointed out a fact, sorry you can't deal with it.

You didnt point out any facts.
I dont know of any team in baseball that doesnt have a bad stretch at some point in the season.

I'm not the one whining.

Where did I state I had a problem? I want them to beat KC. You are very sensitive about the Astros. You dating a player or something?

Forum List

Back