Is it too early to talk about baseball...

The Reds were just one base running err from beating the world champion Giants in game 3.

This year if Votto can return to form after his injury, he will once again be the best hitter in baseball.

If the Cuban missil can transition from the closer to a quality starter, he may win the Cy Young. You would then have Cueto and he back to back. Pretty scary stuff.

The rest of them just have to play like they did last year, or even better.

Last edited:
The Reds were just one base running err from beating the world champion Giants in game 3.

This year if Votto can return to form after his injury, he will once again be the best hitter in baseball.

If the Cuban missil can transition from the closer to a quality starter, he may win the Cy Young. You would then have Cueto and he back to back. Pretty scary stuff.

Votto's a beast, granted. But as for those "scary" pitchers... I dunno, I've seen scarier pitchers with ice cubes and lemons floating in them. :eek:

Votto's a beast, granted. But as for those "scary" pitchers... I dunno, I've seen scarier pitchers with ice cubes and lemons floating in them. :eek:

All I know is that the Cuban missil throws faster than anyone else has in the game. I remeber the first time I saw him pitch a 106 m/hr fast ball when he came up. The batters were peeing their pants.

He had a sick period where his ERA was something like 0.5 for about half a year. His main thing is control and mastering various other pitches. In fact, as a starter the need for this will be multiplied as hitters make adjustments and his arm starts to wane in speed.

Sometimes I would just assume watch Arroyo get up their throwing 80 m/hr junk that hitters can't hit. That is called learning how to pitch, and if Chapman can learn this he will be the greatest pitcher in MLB history.

All I know is that I will miss him as a closer. Once you got to the 8th inning, the game was over.

The thing that killed them in the playoffs was that Cueto got injured his first pitch of the playoffs, so they lost their best starter at the very start. This threw their rotation in disarray. Also, Votto played hurt. He simply could not drive the ball like he used to do.

If both those players continue to be hurt, they will be toast.

Last edited:

All I know is that the Cuban missil throws faster than anyone else has in the game. I remeber the first time I saw him pitch a 106 m/hr fast ball when he came up. The batters were peeing their pants.

He had a sick period where his ERA was something like 0.5 for about half a year. His main thing is control and mastering various other pitches. In fact, as a starter the need for this will be multiplied as hitters make adjustments and his arm starts to wane in speed.

Sometimes I would just assume watch Arroyo get up their throwing 80 m/hr junk that hitters can't hit. That is called learning how to pitch, and if Chapman can learn this he will be the greatest pitcher in MLB history.

All I know is that I will miss him as a closer. Once you got to the 8th inning, the game was over.

The thing that killed them in the playoffs was that Cueto got injured his first pitch of the playoffs, so they lost their best starter at the very start. This threw their rotation in disarray. Also, Votto played hurt. He simply could not drive the ball like he used to do.

Chapman was sooooooooooooo filthy last season.

Didn't give up an earned run til June.

In a sane world he was your NL Cy Young Award winner last season, IMO.

Speed isn't everything, just a matter of timing adjustment. I remember when Chapman first faced the Phils; we hit him around pretty good and it left us wondering, what's the big deal? Faster they come in, the faster they go out...

I can't watch Bronson Arroyo pitch without laughing. That leg kick, omg ... :rofl:

But seriously, if I were the Reds I'd keep Chapman closing. He's too valuable there.

Last edited:
Nats could do well -- on the other hand --

Strassburg wears down and ends up on the DL

Gonzalez drops off - he was in over his head in the post season and it showed -- and if now hes forced of the juice, well ...

Laroche is getting old and falls off a cliff

a lot of the other guys arent that well established either and could fall off.

they could win division again -- 110 wins is ridiculous -- i wouldnt be shocked at that or if for some reasoins they dont make the playofffs.

Forum List

Back