Baseball 2015 Thread

Cubs have a 1 game playoff against the Pirates Wednesday night.

Go Cubs! Arriata is starting.

I would love to see the Cubs get to the world series because it has been so damn long but with the game being played in pittsburgh its not going to happen.

your looking at one and done.the reds two years ago went to pittsburgh and the one game playoff and lost with the crowd rattling the pitcher the crowds are so loud there. Baumgardner of the Giants is a special kind of pitcher so it did not bother him.

the Bucs have too much playoff experience and the Cubs are a young team that has just now learned how to win.Time to start looking forward to next year and just be happy they finally had a winning season.
We'll see.

So the Astro's won the wild card? Weren't they up in their division by 8-10 games and had to wait until the last day to secure a wild card spot? And the Yankees? Did they finish over .500? So it's KC, Toronto, Texas and Houston. Did any of those four teams finish with a better record than St. Louis, Pittsburgh or the Cubs?

Papa, the sour grapes don't taste so good, do they?

The AL series will be fun.

So will the NL.

Sit back and enjoy it.

I would like to see Houston and the Cubs, if not the Dodgers and KC.

So the Astro's won the wild card? Weren't they up in their division by 8-10 games and had to wait until the last day to secure a wild card spot? And the Yankees? Did they finish over .500? So it's KC, Toronto, Texas and Houston. Did any of those four teams finish with a better record than St. Louis, Pittsburgh or the Cubs?

Shouldn't that be "Ultimate whiner?"

CC was on NYY many years. Travel, workouts, clubhouse, meetings and nobody said or knew anything? Come on! I Don't buy it. Some days as long as 20 hours trapped on planes, bus, auto with same guys. I will say this has to be a case of BAD MGT top to bottom. 200mil+++ payroll and MGT is not aware?

Keuchel should make mince meat out of the Yankees tonight.

"Keuchel, the Houston ace who is a strong American League Cy Young candidate, is 2-0 against the Yanks this year with a 0.00 ERA. He’s beaten them in Houston and in the Bronx. In 16 innings, he’s whiffed 21 Yankees and walked one, allowing nine hits, only one for extra bases."

you called that one.:beer: love it that you called it correctly since i so much hate the yankees.

Now if only the cardinals get knocked out from going to the series i will really be happy.they are the team from the NL I hate. that would be the worst thing in baseball that could possibly happen to me is if the cards and yankees ever faced each in the world series.

Huge game tonight for my Buccos! I'll be glued to the telly.

I wish this wasnt a one game playoff,that it was the last game to see who would go to the world series in the NL because they are my two favorite teams in the NL.

Cubs have always been my fave in the NL and I became a fan of the Bucs when Hurdle became their manager,I would still like them regardless if Hurdle wasnt their manager since i like to see the small market teams like the royals and pirates do well.

My royals made it to the world series last year,I hope your pirates make it next year if not this year. as long as it is the bucs,cubs or dodgers i dont care,I like all those teams.

do you agree with my earlier post that the Cubs pitcher will get rattled by the loud crowd there same as that Reds pitcher did a couple years ago?

The baseball announcers correctly called it last year after just the first inning or so that they did not think the crowd would have no effect on Baumgardner so it will depend on what they say when we will find out for sure but from what YOU know about their pitcher,do you think he will? I think he will.

Baum is a rare special pitcher who overwhelms you with his stuff and can block out a loud noisy crowd when falling behind so it did not bother him as the announcers correctly predicted.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

So will the NL.

Sit back and enjoy it.

I am hoping for Kc and pittsburgh and if it doesnt work out for pittsburgh,then KC and LA would be awesome as well.:thup:

I wish this wasnt a one game playoff,that it was the last game to see who would go to the world series in the NL because they are my two favorite teams in the NL.

Cubs have always been my fave in the NL and I became a fan of the Bucs when Hurdle became their manager,I would still like them regardless if Hurdle wasnt their manager since i like to see the small market teams like the royals and pirates do well.

My royals made it to the world series last year,I hope your pirates make it next year if not this year. as long as it is the bucs,cubs or dodgers i dont care,I like all those teams.

do you agree with my earlier post that the Cubs pitcher will get rattled by the loud crowd there same as that Reds pitcher did a couple years ago?

The baseball announcers correctly called it last year after just the first inning or so that they did not think the crowd would have no effect on Baumgardner so it will depend on what they say when we will find out for sure but from what YOU know about their pitcher,do you think he will? I think he will.

Baum is a rare special pitcher who overwhelms you with his stuff and can block out a loud noisy crowd when falling behind so it did not bother him as the announcers correctly predicted.

It is a bit disappointing to see two very very good teams battle it out in sudden death. I am very excited but it should prove to be a great game. The crowd will play into the Pirates favor for sure, whether it fucks with the pitcher remains to be seen. lol. You can feel the electricity in the air, playoffs baby! Wohoo!

It is a bit disappointing to see two very very good teams battle it out in sudden death. I am very excited but it should prove to be a great game. The crowd will play into the Pirates favor for sure, whether it fucks with the pitcher remains to be seen. lol. You can feel the electricity in the air, playoffs baby! Wohoo!

Yeah the crowd support there for sure will play in favor of the Bucs because like you said,you can feel the electricity in the air there and the players feed off it. I dont think their pitcher will be able to deal with it if he falls behind like Baum was able to is my hunch. we'll see tonight if my hunch is right.

who does the winner of this game go on to play after tonight by chance?

Keuchel should make mince meat out of the Yankees tonight.

"Keuchel, the Houston ace who is a strong American League Cy Young candidate, is 2-0 against the Yanks this year with a 0.00 ERA. He’s beaten them in Houston and in the Bronx. In 16 innings, he’s whiffed 21 Yankees and walked one, allowing nine hits, only one for extra bases."

you called that one.:beer: love it that you called it correctly since i so much hate the yankees.

Now if only the cardinals get knocked out from going to the series i will really be happy.they are the team from the NL I hate. that would be the worst thing in baseball that could possibly happen to me is if the cards and yankees ever faced each in the world series.

It was pretty much a no brainer when you add Tanakas penchant for giving up the long ball,and the Astros being one of the best at hitting em,to Keuchels past dominance of the yankees.

Yeah the crowd support there for sure will play in favor of the Bucs because like you said,you can feel the electricity in the air there and the players feed off it. I dont think their pitcher will be able to deal with it if he falls behind like Baum was able to is my hunch. we'll see tonight if my hunch is right.

The Cards.

The Cards.
thats what i thought. whichever teams wins this game tonight i sure hope they can take the cards.thats the one team in the NL i cannot stand.

So will the NL.

Sit back and enjoy it.

No sour grapes, I don't like the Yankees or the Astros. You seem to imply things that are not in a post. I stated facts, I know you can't deal with facts.

So will the NL.

Sit back and enjoy it.

No sour grapes, I don't like the Yankees or the Astros. You seem to imply things that are not in a post. I stated facts, I know you can't deal with facts.

What exactly does your dislike for a particular team have to do with facts?

So will the NL.

Sit back and enjoy it.

What exactly does your dislike for a particular team have to do with facts?

What does posting facts have to do with sour grapes?

Forum List

Back