Baffled Dianne Feinstein walks out of Senate chamber wondering what just happened: 'Did I vote for that?'

No we don't. The founders told us why and it would violate the constitution...if that is a consideration for you.

Yeah, we do. The Founders never envisioned a political class. Who's sole job is being in government.

They assumed the reps and senators would serve a couple of terms and then return to their real lives.

Why the hell don't these people want to retire and enjoy out the rest of their lives, are they really that addicted to the power and the money? Sad that it seems like that's all that matters to them and that's all they have, I pity them. They all have monster egos that need to be constantly fed.

Power.

Yeah, we do. The Founders never envisioned a political class. Who's sole job is being in government.

They assumed the reps and senators would serve a couple of terms and then return to their real lives.
That sounds like the lefts arguement for gun control. You switching parties on me?

That said, that isn't what they assumed. That is what you think they assumed because it supports your narrative.

What the founders assumed was that people would serve for many years and with that bring experience and knowledge to do the job.

This comes up in fed paper 53 when Madison stated...

"[A] few of the members of Congress will possess superior talents; will by frequent re-elections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members of Congress, and the less the information of the bulk of the members, the more apt they be to fall into the snares that may be laid before them," wrote Madison."

That sounds like the lefts arguement for gun control. You switching parties on me?

That said, that isn't what they assumed. That is what you think they assumed because it supports your narrative.

What the founders assumed was that people would serve for many years and with that bring experience and knowledge to do the job.

This comes up in fed paper 53 when Madison stated...

"[A] few of the members of Congress will possess superior talents; will by frequent re-elections, become members of long standing; will be thoroughly masters of the public business, and perhaps not unwilling to avail themselves of those advantages. The greater the proportion of new members of Congress, and the less the information of the bulk of the members, the more apt they be to fall into the snares that may be laid before them," wrote Madison."

No, it doesn't. The Founders were very clear about the reason for the 2nd Amendment. TO REMOVE AN ILLEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT!

Notice what the intent of the Founders was, to protect the PEOPLE, from a corrupt, and overbearing government.

Term limits has the same goal.

Nope they are of sound mind.
That is true. You watch any of them speak and they consistently are sharp on the facts and are completely coherent when they talk about it. I want McConnell out because he is too conditioned and conciliatory to the status quo, and seems unable to grasp the Patriot vision of a strong, free, prosperous America, but I don't question his mental competency.

I don't know of any Republicans in high office that display any mental decline.

The Democrats on the other hand. . .

No, it doesn't. The Founders were very clear about the reason for the 2nd Amendment. TO REMOVE AN ILLEGITIMATE GOVERNMENT!

Notice what the intent of the Founders was, to protect the PEOPLE, from a corrupt, and overbearing government.

Term limits may be necessary, but I would hate to lose all the experience and knowledge that some of these people have if there is some other way.

I would like to see the profit taken out of Congress. They should have to use the same healthcare insurance and system that the rest of us do. They should have to recuse themselves from any vote that directly benefits themselves or their families. They should have to turn in any unused campaign funds to their party. No retirement plan other than whatever they contribute to a personal 401K. They should have to cast their votes in person or not vote. Only the people in their state could contribute directly to their campaigns.

If that was the law, we would eliminate most professional politicians and would elect true public servants again. And only those who loved the job for the sake of the job would stay in it for long providing valuable insight and experience. All others would term limit themselves and go home to live under the laws they pass as the Founders intended.

Ok, but you sounded like leftists who say, "the founders never thought blah blah blah".

But sure, poor statement on my part.

Back to the topic, founders were very clear on congressional term limits.

I don't think making it a requirement to have have n00bs in Congress due to term limits is a good idea. Our enemies would like it probably.

Term limits may be necessary, but I would hate to lose all the experience and knowledge that some of these people have if there is some other way.

I would like to see the profit taken out of Congress. They should have to use the same healthcare insurance and system that the rest of us do. They should have to recuse themselves from any vote that directly benefits themselves or their families. They should have to turn in any unused campaign funds to their party. No retirement plan other than whatever they contribute to a personal 401K. They should have to cast their votes in person or not vote. Only the people in their state could contribute directly to their campaigns.

If that was the law, we would eliminate most professional politicians and would elect true public servants again. And only those who loved the job for the sake of the job would stay in it for long providing valuable insight and experience. All others would term limit themselves and go home to live under the laws they pass as the Founders intended.

Yes, Congress should NEVER be exempt from the laws they pass.

I would like to see term limits for bureaucrats too. The deep state is the bureaucracy. Russia had the same problem back in the 1600's.

The bureaus felt they were above the laws and ruled in a very corrupt manner.

Until the Tzar killed them.

Ok, but you sounded like leftists who say, "the founders never thought blah blah blah".

But sure, poor statement on my part.

Back to the topic, founders were very clear on congressional term limits.

I don't think making it a requirement to have have n00bs in Congress due to term limits is a good idea. Our enemies would like it probably.

Why? The institutional memory is written down. These assholes stay so long because they get fabulously rich by sponging off of, and betraying the American taxpayers.

Yes, Congress should NEVER be exempt from the laws they pass.

I would like to see term limits for bureaucrats too. The deep state is the bureaucracy. Russia had the same problem back in the 1600's.

The bureaus felt they were above the laws and ruled in a very corrupt manner.

Until the Tzar killed them.
Agree. Federal employees should likewise have to use the same healthcare plans available to the general public. And while I have no problem with some kind of match of their contributions to their 401ks, there should be no federal retirement.

I like the concept of remote work when it isn't necessary to go to an office to do it, but I am also witnessing a lot of non work by those who stay at home too. Maybe some kind of video monitoring system to ensure the employee is working at essential tasks?

I also want ALL rules and regulations that have the force of law to be passed via congressional vote and congressional members must vote with their vote recorded, i.e. no voice vote, and they cannot change their vote after the vote is finalized.

Most federal law is now written by faceless, nameless bureaucrats. The Founders never intended that.

Why? The institutional memory is written down. These assholes stay so long because they get fabulously rich by sponging off of, and betraying the American taxpayers.
You think new global threats can be combatted by a bunch of n00bs gleaning over decades of institutional memory?

That's the hill you want to die on?

You think new global threats can be combatted by a bunch of n00bs gleaning over decades of institutional memory?

That's the hill you want to die on?

Yes. Congress now is completely incapable of doing anything in a timely manner.

That the hill you want to die on?

The US Senate is the last place Americans should want a Senator to walk out and wonder WTF just happened due to their senility.

Why the blue fuck isn't she being replaced as we speak? I know it will be a dem just as bad if not worse but doesn't the Senate have a mechanism to deal with such things?

If not then why?
We need term limits.

Yes. Congress now is completely incapable of doing anything in a timely manner.

That the hill you want to die on?
That has nothing to do with my point unless it's your contention that having a bunch of n00bs in Congress would somehow speed up legislation?

Is that your contention?

That has nothing to do with my point unless it's your contention that having a bunch of n00bs in Congress would somehow speed up legislation?

Is that your contention?

You claimed that a bunch of ancient taxpayer leeches are more capable than new blood.

You sure you want to die on that hill?

That is true. You watch any of them speak and they consistently are sharp on the facts and are completely coherent when they talk about it. I want McConnell out because he is too conditioned and conciliatory to the status quo, and seems unable to grasp the Patriot vision of a strong, free, prosperous America, but I don't question his mental competency.

I don't know of any Republicans in high office that display any mental decline.

The Democrats on the other hand. . .
Agreed, especially about McConnel

Forum List

Back