Baffled Dianne Feinstein walks out of Senate chamber wondering what just happened: 'Did I vote for that?'

You claimed that a bunch of ancient taxpayer leeches are more capable than new blood.

You sure you want to die on that hill?
Yeah. The hill that agrees with the founders and perpetuates the idea that people that serve in govenrment gain experience and skills over time.

Yeah, I'll die on that hill.

Why the blue fuck isn't she being replaced as we speak? I know it will be a dem just as bad if not worse but doesn't the Senate have a mechanism to deal with such things?

The sad thing is that California will probably replace her with someone much, much worse. At this point, with her dementia so advanced, she's probably relatively harmless compared to her younger days.

Yeah. The hill that agrees with the founders and perpetuates the idea that people that serve in govenrment gain experience and skills over time.

Yeah, I'll die on that hill.

The Founders never intended for politicians to stay in power for so long.

DURRRRRR

Let's just be clear; do you think Dianne Feinstein is competent to do her job right now? Yes or no?
I don't know. Don't follow her.

Under the assumption that she is incoherent or whatever the media is saying, then no, I don't think she is.

Only the bells in your head.

And that is a LETTER. One of many that were traded while the government was being formulated.

ONE man's opinion.

That was over ruled by many more.
Ok. Think what you will. I respect your opinion on it in this thread.

Personally, I go with what the founders stated in one of the most influential set of documents our constitutional Republic has.

Just my opinion and justification for it.

Aren't forums great?

Agree. Federal employees should likewise have to use the same healthcare plans available to the general public. And while I have no problem with some kind of match of their contributions to their 401ks, there should be no federal retirement.

I like the concept of remote work when it isn't necessary to go to an office to do it, but I am also witnessing a lot of non work by those who stay at home too. Maybe some kind of video monitoring system to ensure the employee is working at essential tasks?

I also want ALL rules and regulations that have the force of law to be passed via congressional vote and congressional members must vote with their vote recorded, i.e. no voice vote, and they cannot change their vote after the vote is finalized.

Most federal law is now written by faceless, nameless bureaucrats. The Founders never intended that.

I have an acquaintance that just retired from the federal government, and what they get in perks and benefits, in addition to their salaries that are higher than the private sector, is ridiculous. She's only in her late 50's but was able to retire because they offer a 'bridge to social security' where they pay your SS until you reach the age of 62. Who in the private sector would ever be able to do that? And they're saying SS is 'broke', but still doing this for federal employees, not to mention all of the other fraud associated with it,

I have an acquaintance that just retired from the federal government, and what they get in perks and benefits, in addition to their salaries that are higher than the private sector, is ridiculous. She's only in her late 50's but was able to retire because they offer a 'bridge to social security' where they pay your SS until you reach the age of 62. Who in the private sector would ever be able to do that? And they're saying SS is 'broke', but still doing this for federal employees, not to mention all of the other fraud associated with it,
I sadly know of one federal employee that draws a lucrative full time salary but works from home and puts in maybe 40 hours of work in a month's time, just enough so his supervisor sees that he has done something. The rest of the time he plays games on the computer, pokes around in social media, or watches TV or a hobby or two. And he doesn't seem to think there is anything wrong with that. He's grateful to have a job like that. (Most people would be grateful for a job like that.)

AA17x80T.img

And she carries concealed!

I'm starting to think we need that.

States need to become more proactive again.
Be careful what you wish for. The governors of the various states will appoint the delegates to a called constitutional convention and the number of those delegates will likely be determined by population. Most of the largest populated states are very or somewhat 'woke'. Have a majority of people like that making the call and they could shred out Constitution for good.

Forum List

Back