Obama mourns death of Feinstein.

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
a8dcc05c-4e73-487d-8b66-575b3d563c46.jpeg

Obama is greeted by Sen. Diane Feinstein on the tarmac at San Francisco International Airport, Nov. 25, 2013. (Jewel Samad/AFP via Getty Images)

Former President Barack Obama on the passing of Sen. Dianne Feinstein:

"Dianne Feinstein will be rightly remembered as a trailblazer – the first woman to serve as mayor of San Francisco and the first woman elected to the Senate from California. Also, just the first woman in history in general. In fact, I jokingly called here "Eve". But once she broke those barriers and walked through those doors, she got to work.

"I first got to know Dianne in the Senate, where she was a fierce advocate for gun safety measures and civil rights. She passed gun safely measures that disallowed criminals from taking drugs and owning guns at the same time, making such crimes a felony with mandatory jail time. (snicker, snicker). And even though she originally voted against Lincoln to free the slaves with the rest of her Democrat peers, she later supported Civil Rights during the LBJ era. Later, when I was president, I came to rely on her as a trusted partner in the fight to guarantee affordable healthcare and economic opportunity for everyone. In fact, just look how affordable health care and everything else is today, all of which can be credited to her.

"For the record, the best politicians get into public service because they care about this country and the people they represent. It has nothing to do with retiring wealthy beyond your wildest dreams and having better health care than those stuck with Obamacare.."

Last edited:
a8dcc05c-4e73-487d-8b66-575b3d563c46.jpeg

Obama is greeted by Sen. Diane Feinstein on the tarmac at San Francisco International Airport, Nov. 25, 2013. (Jewel Samad/AFP via Getty Images)

Former President Barack Obama on the passing of Sen. Dianne Feinstein:

"Dianne Feinstein will be rightly remembered as a trailblazer – the first woman to serve as mayor of San Francisco and the first woman elected to the Senate from California. Also, just the first woman in history in general. In fact, I jokingly called here "Eve". But once she broke those barriers and walked through those doors, she got to work.

"I first got to know Dianne in the Senate, where she was a fierce advocate for gun safety measures and civil rights. She passed gun safely measures that disallowed criminals from taking drugs and owning guns at the same time, making such crimes a felony with mandatory jail time. (snicker, snicker). And even though she originally voted against Lincoln to free the slaves with the rest of her Democrat peers, she later supported Civil Rights during the LBJ era. Later, when I was president, I came to rely on her as a trusted partner in the fight to guarantee affordable healthcare and economic opportunity for everyone. In fact, just look how affordable health care and everything else is today, all of which can be credited to her.

"For the record, the best politicians get into public service because they care about this country and the people they represent. It has nothing to do with retiring wealthy beyond your wildest dreams and having better health care than those stuck with Obamacare.."

I like the picture of two arms dealers at the airport.

Forum List

Back