Bad news for pot smoking nicotine nazis

"Bad news for pot smoking nicotine nazis"

The OP title is confusing, there's no nicotine in pot.
Secondly the abuse of booze is harder on one's body, brain and mental health than weed.
Was this study funded by the liquor industry?

Can you not read or has your intellect been damaged by pot? The article clearly states that the study was undertaken by the British Lung Foundation... a very well respected organization that undertakes academically solid research.

BBC News - Health risks of cannabis 'underestimated', experts warn

Time to start shaming pot smokers?

Will pot "clinics" in CA make pot smokers go outside like they do with cigarette smokers? Or is it still only okay to hate cigarette smokers? I dont' understand retard liberal logic.
First, don't worry about being banished because marijuana smoke is in no way as offensive as tobacco smoke, which is foul. In fact, second-hand marijuana smoke is actually pleasant, much like the smell of leaves burning in the fall. (And it makes one feel rather nice.)

This report is warmed over 1960s Reefer Madness nonsense predicated on the intentionally false notion that pot smokers inhale as much smoke as cigarette smokers do, which is utterly false. Pot smoking must be catching on in the UK which is why we are reading this completely unfounded and fabricated bullshit. The same interests must have cause to feel threatened there as those who finance the anti-pot propaganda here, which are (mainly) the pharmaceutical, liquor and drug-testing industries and the law-enforcement industrial complex. Legal marijuana would have a serious impact on every one of them.

So don't be fooled by the lies put forth by these otherwise insignificant academic nobodies, most of whom would assert that cunnilingus causes baldness if someone paid them a few hundred dollars to say it. Just keep in mind that if just ten percent of their assertions were true the hospital wards would be overflowing with victims of the "devil weed." And remember that smoking is not the only way nor the best way to enjoy Nature's most noble plant.

There is a movement in the UK to crack down on pot and start serious punishment of users. This came about because pot smokers have committed some very violet attacks. New strains of marijuana, notably one called Skunk, which has made its way to the US, caused a pot user to attack one of the UK's richest women. Lisa Voice was attacked by a pot user and almost killed. She required numerous surgeries to her face to repair the damage. The photographs of her injuries were too gruesome to be published.

BBC News - Health risks of cannabis 'underestimated', experts warn

Time to start shaming pot smokers?

Will pot "clinics" in CA make pot smokers go outside like they do with cigarette smokers? Or is it still only okay to hate cigarette smokers? I dont' understand retard liberal logic.
First, don't worry about being banished because marijuana smoke is in no way as offensive as tobacco smoke, which is foul. In fact, second-hand marijuana smoke is actually pleasant, much like the smell of leaves burning in the fall. (And it makes one feel rather nice.)

This report is warmed over 1960s Reefer Madness nonsense predicated on the intentionally false notion that pot smokers inhale as much smoke as cigarette smokers do, which is utterly false. Pot smoking must be catching on in the UK which is why we are reading this completely unfounded and fabricated bullshit. The same interests must have cause to feel threatened there as those who finance the anti-pot propaganda here, which are (mainly) the pharmaceutical, liquor and drug-testing industries and the law-enforcement industrial complex. Legal marijuana would have a serious impact on every one of them.

So don't be fooled by the lies put forth by these otherwise insignificant academic nobodies, most of whom would assert that cunnilingus causes baldness if someone paid them a few hundred dollars to say it. Just keep in mind that if just ten percent of their assertions were true the hospital wards would be overflowing with victims of the "devil weed." And remember that smoking is not the only way nor the best way to enjoy Nature's most noble plant.

There is a movement in the UK to crack down on pot and start serious punishment of users. This came about because pot smokers have committed some very violet attacks. New strains of marijuana, notably one called Skunk, which has made its way to the US, caused a pot user to attack one of the UK's richest women. Lisa Voice was attacked by a pot user and almost killed. She required numerous surgeries to her face to repair the damage. The photographs of her injuries were too gruesome to be published.

I call bullshit. Not on the UK cracking down, which very well may be the case, but on the idea that "skunk" is in anyway a new strain. Further, there is no such thing as a super strain of cannabis. THC glands are THC glands. The only difference between strains is how many THC glands grow on the plant. If there is a lot, you simply don't have to ingest as much to get the same effect. There is ZERO evidence that any strain of cannabis causes anyone to "attack". That is complete and utter bullshit.

I know that it's important to you to believe that pot is harmless. The number of pot induced attacks are more numerous and more violent. Reject this if it supports your belief that pot is the be and end all. Your need to believe isn't going to change anything.

Pot use in the US will follow the trend in the UK. A rise in acceptance until it can't be tolerated any more.

Legalize it all. Let the cartels sort out the customers.

If legalized, there will be no cartels. It's bribes by the cartels to our corrupt government that keeps it ILLEGAL.

You keep thinking that. If drugs were legalized, the fight would merely move over to market share with the government being the newest cartel on the block. The drugs themselves would become more and more destructive. Bath salts are the newest and most dangerous that are available and perfectly legal. Some states are moving toward making the substance illegal, but none have done it yet.

Bath salts have nothing to do with baths or salt. It's just the name.

Because legalizing drugs would only mean that illegal dealers would pit themselves against legal outlets, as well as one another, I am absolutely for the full legalization of all drugs of what ever kind.

Non drug using citizens can get Zombie Killer bullets to use for self protection.

I know that it's important to you to believe that pot is harmless. The number of pot induced attacks are more numerous and more violent. Reject this if it supports your belief that pot is the be and end all. Your need to believe isn't going to change anything.

Pot use in the US will follow the trend in the UK. A rise in acceptance until it can't be tolerated any more.

I haven't touched pot in 25+ years.

But back in the day, I smoked a LOT of pot. Pretty much everyone I knew back then smoked pot. I never, not once, saw anyone get aggressive from it.

Cocaine and Meth were a different story, people got very violent with those. Alcohol sometimes makes people aggressive, not like coke or meth, but under the right circumstances.

But pot? Sorry, you're off base.

Pot makes people lazy and stupid, it kill ambition and intellectual curiosity. But that's all it does, no one gets violent or crazy.

Uh huh

Skunk addict who beat me up is stalking us from jail - News - Evening Standard

Thomas, who was initially charged with attempted murder, was jailed at Middlesex Guildhall Crown Court in February after admitting grievous bodily harm. He will become eligible for parole after three years because he was deemed to be suffering from "cannabis psychosis" at the time of the attack. Mrs Voice said she was "appalled" he had not been given a life sentence.

She said: "The judge said he posed a substantial risk of attacking again, especially if he ever had another joint of cannabis.

What is objectionable is not so much that there are people who support some right to develop a psychosis, it's that the victim was not armed and could not stop the attack herself.

The number of pot induced attacks are more numerous and more violent.

Link?

Read the papers. The Miami face eating zombie was on pot when he was killed. While the mother who put her baby on the roof of the car and forgot because she was high isn't exactly violent, the baby was certainly subjected to violence when it fell off as mama drove away.

Not that these are so bad. The reaction to them is what's bad. The only thing necessary is an armed population capable of defending themselves the way George Zimmerman was able to defend himself against his pot addled attacker. There is no way to stop a massive number of people who only gain satisfaction from being high from getting high. We are not going to suddenly convince drug users not to use drugs. Prohibition doesn't work. The non drug using public will just have to protect themselves until the number of addicts is reduced or eliminated.

The number of pot induced attacks are more numerous and more violent.

Link?

Read the papers. The Miami face eating zombie was on pot when he was killed. While the mother who put her baby on the roof of the car and forgot because she was high isn't exactly violent, the baby was certainly subjected to violence when it fell off as mama drove away.

Not that these are so bad. The reaction to them is what's bad. The only thing necessary is an armed population capable of defending themselves the way George Zimmerman was able to defend himself against his pot addled attacker. There is no way to stop a massive number of people who only gain satisfaction from being high from getting high. We are not going to suddenly convince drug users not to use drugs. Prohibition doesn't work. The non drug using public will just have to protect themselves until the number of addicts is reduced or eliminated.

So the answer is no, you have nothing to support your claim that "The number of pot induced attacks are more numerous and more violent.", nothing.

Fail.

Uh huh

Thomas, who was initially charged with attempted murder, was jailed at Middlesex Guildhall Crown Court in February after admitting grievous bodily harm. He will become eligible for parole after three years because he was deemed to be suffering from "cannabis psychosis" at the time of the attack. Mrs Voice said she was "appalled" he had not been given a life sentence.

She said: "The judge said he posed a substantial risk of attacking again, especially if he ever had another joint of cannabis.

What is objectionable is not so much that there are people who support some right to develop a psychosis, it's that the victim was not armed and could not stop the attack herself.

Oh good lord, the reefer madness bullshit returns.

Don't expect credibility with idiocy like that. It's not 1920.

Uh huh

So to you, at least, it never happened. That's good, a real sane response.

I am FOR the full legalization of all drugs because that might be the only way to really deal with them.

Sometimes, people, as well as entire nations, need to experience the consequences of their own actions before they can effect a change. This includes drug users, who tend to die earlier than non-users.

I am FOR the full legalization of all drugs because that might be the only way to really deal with them.

Sometimes, people, as well as entire nations, need to experience the consequences of their own actions before they can effect a change. This includes drug users, who tend to die earlier than non-users.

Look up, "Causation" and see if it has any particular meaning to you.

Uh huh

Where they've been legalized there is far less problem with them than under the War on Drugs.

This is a grossly misleading report. The fact is a relatively new (and legal) street drug called "Bath Salts" has been found to induce these cannibalistic impulses. The reason marijuana was blamed is because marijuana was detected in the urine of the subject of this report -- but "Bath Salts" is undetectable.

Expect that the Reefer Madness propagandists will sieze on any such an opportunity to demonize marijuana.

Also, there is nothing new about "skunk." It's been around for quite some time, is quite excellent, and you needn't worry about anyone who smokes some skunk chewing on your face. So don't be taken in by that nonsense.

Where they've been legalized there is far less problem with them than under the War on Drugs.

Far less problems? Perhaps... That is unless you are sober, and jonesing for for a bag of Dorito's at your neighborhood Convenience store... They're probably sold out.

I haven't touched pot in 25+ years.

But back in the day, I smoked a LOT of pot. Pretty much everyone I knew back then smoked pot. I never, not once, saw anyone get aggressive from it.

Cocaine and Meth were a different story, people got very violent with those. Alcohol sometimes makes people aggressive, not like coke or meth, but under the right circumstances.

But pot? Sorry, you're off base.

Pot makes people lazy and stupid, it kill ambition and intellectual curiosity. But that's all it does, no one gets violent or crazy.

Legalize it. We need more lazy and stupid people with no ambition.

Forum List

Back