Does your political Affiliation differ from your family's?

Does your political affiliation differ from your family?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

gxnelson

SuperWhoLock
May 13, 2011
Galifrey
Just curious. My mom was talking about the election and her uneasiness about the posibility of Romney winning.

As of right now that is who I plan on voting for in Nov.

So i was just curious.

My mom leans conservative. My dad is a moderate and voted for Obama, but said he won't this time. My uncle is a union boss in Chicago and thinks Obama is wonderful. My daughter and her boyfriend have a small business, so they're supporting Romney. My two best girlfriends are liberals and my two best guy friends are conservatives. None of them think exactly the same, and I enjoy the stimulation of so many different perspectives.

All my brothers and sisters are democrats. My parents and Grandparents were democrats. My kids think they are liberal but they are just young and stupid ).

My immediate family's affiliation mostly matches mine.

I have a brother whom I suspect voted for Obama, so I just don't ask him about it. ( :

Interesting question. I haven't answered because it's a bit mixed. My voting has been broadly in line with how my parents voted. My siblings vote different from me though. So i guess it depends on how you define family.

More broadly speaking I would say that upbringing did use to influence voting more in the past. Nowadays, people are much more fickle in their political affiliation.

Interesting question. I haven't answered because it's a bit mixed. My voting has been broadly in line with how my parents voted. My siblings vote different from me though. So i guess it depends on how you define family.

More broadly speaking I would say that upbringing did use to influence voting more in the past. Nowadays, people are much more fickle in their political affiliation.

true. For me, I grew up hearing the same thing over and over again from my family.

And in the community I grew up it was the super liberal BS that eventually drove me nuts. (especially a group called Code Pink who enjoyed protesting infront of a marine recruitment office). I figured I should start thinking for myself.

true. For me, I grew up hearing the same thing over and over again from my family.

And in the community I grew up it was the super liberal BS that eventually drove me nuts. (especially a group called Code Pink who enjoyed protesting infront of a marine recruitment office). I figured I should start thinking for myself.

Thinking for yourself is always a good idea.

What makes you lean towards Romney?

Right now we need a change in the way gov't is run.

One of the main things I like about him is that he is more of a moderate than anything. Although his stances tend to changed depending on the political climate, I am hoping that if he is elected he'll make the swing back more towards the middle.

I still have research to do (not on here!!! lol) about his policies and such. But he wasn't a terrible governor and if that's any indicator he'll be able to help this country out, a bit.

(I know my reasons are weak right now. But I've still got some time before Nov.)

One of the main things I like about him is that he is more of a moderate than anything. Although his stances tend to changed depending on the political climate, I am hoping that if he is elected he'll make the swing back more towards the middle.

I still have research to do (not on here!!! lol) about his policies and such. But he wasn't a terrible governor and if that's any indicator he'll be able to help this country out, a bit.

(I know my reasons are weak right now. But I've still got some time before Nov.)

Refreshing to see somebody thinking about the way they vote.

Since i'm not a US citizen and don't live in the US I don't get to vote. Personally I don't have strong feelings for or against either Obama or Romney. But on the whole I feel that Obama has been fairly ineffective and I think that Romney will bring in a better team. But I'm far from certain.

I'll come and sniff up the atmosphere in August.

My parents were John F. Kennedy Democrats ( a President that's spinning in his grave seeing what Democrats have become) but switched over to Reagan when the Democrat Party left them.

I have a sister and her husband that are far right and my brother and his wife that are what I'd consider extreme left. My sister, who passed away 4 years ago now cared less about politics.

Since i'm not a US citizen and don't live in the US I don't get to vote. Personally I don't have strong feelings for or against either Obama or Romney. But on the whole I feel that Obama has been fairly ineffective and I think that Romney will bring in a better team. But I'm far from certain.

heh, thanks. I try. I mean, growing up where I did, had the opposite impact that it was "supposed" to have. Most of the people I know just assume to vote for Obama because he is a democrat, and that's who you vote for if you life in the SF area of California. But then I got tired of being a mindless sheep and realized how hypocritical everyone was being.

A lot of the teachings going on here, is to think for yourself, then you'll see how wrong the rest of the country is. That's how it was at school. About 90% of my high school join in the "World Can't Wait" movement because it was "forward" thinking. But in reality they were jumping on the bandwagon. I just saw it was an excuse for my classmates to cut class. And my teachers were OK with that.

IDK. I guess I'm just pissed off about how hypocritical the Bay Area is. And much of the US.

heh, thanks. I try. I mean, growing up where I did, had the opposite impact that it was "supposed" to have. Most of the people I know just assume to vote for Obama because he is a democrat, and that's who you vote for if you life in the SF area of California. But then I got tired of being a mindless sheep and realized how hypocritical everyone was being.

A lot of the teachings going on here, is to think for yourself, then you'll see how wrong the rest of the country is. That's how it was at school. About 90% of my high school join in the "World Can't Wait" movement because it was "forward" thinking. But in reality they were jumping on the bandwagon. I just saw it was an excuse for my classmates to cut class. And my teachers were OK with that.

IDK. I guess I'm just pissed off about how hypocritical the Bay Area is. And much of the US.

Not sure the San Francisco are is more hypocritical than anywhere else, although they do vote for some far out politicians. I've been to SF twice and enjoyed it both times.

Not sure the San Francisco are is more hypocritical than anywhere else, although they do vote for some far out politicians. I've been to SF twice and enjoyed it both times.

SF is a great place, don't get me wrong. But when it comes to politics, it's very, "if you don't think (extreme) liberal GTFO!"

SF is a great place, don't get me wrong. But when it comes to politics, it's very, "if you don't think (extreme) liberal GTFO!"

Well, just keep thinking for yourself and don't let anybody tell you how you should vote.

You should see the seedy side, there's plenty of that..

Just curious. My mom was talking about the election and her uneasiness about the posibility of Romney winning.

As of right now that is who I plan on voting for in Nov.

So i was just curious.

I'm not sure how to answer this ... yes and no lol.

Mom's side of the family are more liberal, although some are conservative-liberals. My Dad is extremely conservative, but he doesn't like Romney at all. I'm sure he'll hold his nose and vote for Romney simply because he has an "R" by his name. He has a brother and sister-in-law who I'm sure are conspiracy nuts and kooky as hell. Always forwarding bs emails that I have long since given up rebutting. My brother is a liberal-conservative, and his wife is ... something else lol.

=\

Forum List

Back