Backward a hundred years.

lol... one program was scrapped and the overall budget was raised 6 billion. get a new talking point from fox

One program? Forget that the one program was the program that takes us into space. Why on earth should NASA want to go into space? We should be content on paying the Russians to take us up to do global warming studies. That makes so much sense.

so you obviously have no idea what you are talking about or the program that was cut.

For decades Republicans correctly called for major overhaul of social security and Medicare.
Now Obama wanted to do it with Medicare and GOP wants "no changes" and make accusations of "death panels". I loved the tea bagger with a sign "We do not want Obama health care plan. Stay out of my Medicare" Dimbass bagger doesn't even know that his Medicare IS a friggin government health care program.
Obama health care plan sucks and I am against it but get real folks. Palin is a liar. There are no death panels.
If there was someone with a retirement plan, 401K or annuity in the private sector set up similar to social security they would arrest the principals in those businesses and send them toprison for fraud.
Social Security is nothing more than large Ponzi scheme. I have put in 13K, the max, in for decades and had to match employees portion of half that.
I plan to see none of it.

When you ration health care, and that will be necessary in order for Obama's socialized health care system to work, then you'll need a panel to determine who gets health care and who gets a pill. That, sir, is a death panel. You don't like it because it sounds horrible. Well, it is. Thankfully, Scott Brown won in Massachusetts and that put a stop to ObamaCare.

For decades Republicans correctly called for major overhaul of social security and Medicare.
Now Obama wanted to do it with Medicare and GOP wants "no changes" and make accusations of "death panels". I loved the tea bagger with a sign "We do not want Obama health care plan. Stay out of my Medicare" Dimbass bagger doesn't even know that his Medicare IS a friggin government health care program.
Obama health care plan sucks and I am against it but get real folks. Palin is a liar. There are no death panels.
If there was someone with a retirement plan, 401K or annuity in the private sector set up similar to social security they would arrest the principals in those businesses and send them toprison for fraud.
Social Security is nothing more than large Ponzi scheme. I have put in 13K, the max, in for decades and had to match employees portion of half that.

When you ration health care, and that will be necessary in order for Obama's socialized health care system to work, then you'll need a panel to determine who gets health care and who gets a pill. That, sir, is a death panel. You don't like it because it sounds horrible. Well, it is. Thankfully, Scott Brown won in Massachusetts and that put a stop to ObamaCare.

The review panels are not in the failed healthcare bill. they are already law as the review panels are set up in the stimulus bill that passed into law.

this is already what health insurance companies do. I would much rrather the government, who has no material and greed interests, unlike health insurance companies, making those decisions.

this is already what health insurance companies do. I would much rrather the government, who has no material and greed interests, unlike health insurance companies, making those decisions.

What utopian fantasy world do you live in where government "has no material and greed interest"?

need more koolaid?

What utopian fantasy world do you live in where government "has no material and greed interest"?

need more koolaid?

what program that they run hasn't gone into debt due to overextension

Healthcare is already rationed.

need more koolaid?

what program that they run hasn't gone into debt due to overextension

and corruption and graft, which seems to indicate just a touch of greed.

lol... one program was scrapped and the overall budget was raised 6 billion. get a new talking point from fox

One program? Forget that the one program was the program that takes us into space. Why on earth should NASA want to go into space? We should be content on paying the Russians to take us up to do global warming studies. That makes so much sense.

so you obviously have no idea what you are talking about or the program that was cut.

Oh really?

https://www.space.com/news/spaceagencies/nasa_cuts_000605.html

This year, the most serious cut to NASA axes $290 million in start-up funds for the Space Launch Initiative, a $4.5 billion project to design a replacement for the space shuttle by 2005.

Tell me exactly how we are going to get into space if we cut funding for the shuttle replacement and retire the shuttle fleet?

Oh really?

This year, the most serious cut to NASA axes $290 million in start-up funds for the Space Launch Initiative, a $4.5 billion project to design a replacement for the space shuttle by 2005.

Tell me exactly how we are going to get into space if we cut funding for the shuttle replacement and retire the shuttle fleet?

ummmm you posted an article from 2000

Used satirically to respond to the idiot who uses the tool, developed by the government, most likely has a cell phone and cable TV, yet says ignorant shit like government not only doesn't advance technology, but actually stands in its way.

LOL, priceless, apparently someone that not only believes government creates it's own money for R&D but that it actually conducts it more efficiently and effectively than private enterprise can .... OMG this just keeps getting better and better, you progressives would be cute with your silly little notions if your ideology wasn't so damn repugnant.

Governments regulatory favoritism and ham handed interventionism is and always has been the largest impediment to the advancement of technology ever invented , regardless of what you and the other government worshiping progressives think, the only place it has ever had any real proficiency edge over the private sector is the advancement of technology aimed at blowing things up or murdering human beings more efficiently.

Oh really?

ummmm you posted an article from 2000

dang it. Why on earth is the the first freaking news article. You're right there.

Used satirically to respond to the idiot who uses the tool, developed by the government, most likely has a cell phone and cable TV, yet says ignorant shit like government not only doesn't advance technology, but actually stands in its way.

LOL, priceless, apparently someone that not only believes government creates it's own money for R&D but that it actually conducts it more efficiently and effectively than private enterprise can .... OMG this just keeps getting better and better, you progressives would be cute with your silly little notions if your ideology wasn't so damn repugnant.

Governments regulatory favoritism and ham handed interventionism is and always has been the largest impediment to the advancement of technology ever invented , regardless of what you and the other government worshiping progressives think, the only place it has ever had any real proficiency edge over the private sector is the advancement of technology aimed at blowing things up or murdering human beings more efficiently.

do you blow things up with computers and medicine?

You disagree with the source of revenue, however it is irrelevant to your notion of government not promoting technological advancement, because it is clearly false. Can you point out something as big as landing man on the moon, the private sector has accomplished?

Well, thanks for talking for me and other lefties all over the globe.

Also it is funny how you admit that government actually is a leader in military technology, yet too ashamed to admit that without it we would never had this conversation.

YOu are pulling out all the stops now....

Thowing everything but the kitchen sink...

The fat lady is singing...

What crap you spew.

The technology developed and shared with everyone freely by NASA has been a HUGE boon to the entire worlds technological advancement.

You spew stupidity and continue to think you are soooooo much smarter than anyone on the series of tubes.

What crap you spew.

The technology developed and shared with everyone freely by NASA has been a HUGE boon to the entire worlds technological advancement.

You spew stupidity and continue to think you are soooooo much smarter than anyone on the series of tubes.
Tip: don't use "Series of tubes", the poster is ignorant of that saying.

You disagree with the source of revenue, however it is irrelevant to your notion of government not promoting technological advancement, because it is clearly false. Can you point out something as big as landing man on the moon, the private sector has accomplished?
LOL, who do you think developed the technology that was responsible for landing on the moon? It wasn't government lame brain, it was private industry, ever heard of contractors? have any idea what they actually do? If you want an example of how efficient government is at developing technology, I would point you to the former Soviet Union and all the wonderful technology it's consumers were able to enjoy on a day to day basis, That's central planning sans private industry in action for you......

Well, thanks for talking for me and other lefties all over the globe.
You're welcome, I figured something lucid coming from you folks would be nice for a change. :lol:

Also it is funny how you admit that government actually is a leader in military technology, yet too ashamed to admit that without it we would never had this conversation.
Actually I didn't admit they were "a leader in military technology" just advancing the development of it (i.e. the DEMAND side of the equation), it's still the private sector that does most of the heavy lifting and ultimately all of the funding.

LOL, who do you think developed the technology that was responsible for landing on the moon? It wasn't government lame brain, it was private industry, ever heard of contractors? have any idea what they actually do? If you want an example of how efficient government is at developing technology, I would point you to the former Soviet Union and all the wonderful technology it's consumers were able to enjoy on a day to day basis, That's central planning sans private industry in action for you......

Wait, contractors? You want to go there? Government paid contractors developed the technologies at you grand parents unwilling dime, yet the credit doesn't belong to government? Didn't those contractors worked for government at the time?

Wait, a second, are you just trying to spin shit around to get out of the ignorant shit you said before?

Also another note, Soviet Union sent first human into the space.

Something tells me you're full of shit old man.

You are thinking that markets are Magical. I am facing the facts that HISTORY has proven over and over again. When you involve people there is a certain segment of society the will use deception for personal gain. It does not matter if they wear 1000 dollar suits and live in multi million dollar homes. They are not immune from this fact of mankind. The really smart sociopaths will rise to the top with no rules because the decent people will follow a moral code that will never get in the way of the sociopaths. What you want to set up is a perfect structure for the sociaopaths to get to the top of everything in record time.

Its you that is the fool and anyone else who buys the silly unfettered markets create magic.

Get over yourself and your childish need to believe you are one of the FEW who KNOW the secrets that everyone else is just too stupid to understand.

Face the reality of the condition of mankinds pshycological makeup.

The markets are simply the natural law of economics.Then why make murder or rape illegal , under your theory the natural law of human interaction will just balence itself out. The reason we do have laws for people (markets are just people interacting fool) is that it is murdered people cant get any recourse under your magic market ideas. You dont make people honest by changing the law and outlawing all activity. You do end up with less crime when there are laws and they are properly inforced. No one claimed it would make people honest. And you dont prosper by ignoring the natural law. You may complete hate it, but the free market works because it's nature. It encourages people to be knowledgible and to provide services and goods that people desire and need. You also dont prosper in a system that has no laws. Go study history and see the results of lawless societies.

You cant fight against nature without suffering consequences. And absent, Divine Intervention (which is there, but which sadly few accept), there is no way to change human nature.Again laws are not there in any place to change human nature. Laws are there to provide recourse for the wronged and to give consequinces to unacceptable behavior which harms a society.

It's not the system that needs fixing. It's the people. Changing the law cannot change the people. The world changes the environment IE law, with the hopes to change men. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. You will fail in your efforts, because you are trying to do it the wrong way. Laws have been used in EVERY society of man. Why do you all of the sudden think the market (which is merely humans interacting like any other human endevor) is different or say......magical?

Instead of fixing the problem. You end up making things worse by empowering even more corrupt people to "reign in" those so called evil corporations. And those people merely see these corporations as an opportunity to take money from people with the support of useful idiots so they can pay their "friends" and fund their special projects that fail to help society. It's wrong.Judges, police and our court system is not corrupt is it?

But I suspect you wont stop supporting evil people.

So you are claiming anyone in our judicial system is evil along with our police and anyone who seeks office, YET people who are in the corporations are somehow better people?

I wish you people would realize just how silly your thinking is.

Forum List

Back