Backward a hundred years.

Teddy Roosevelt signed the Food and Drugs Act of 1906 to stop the abuses of food and drug manufacturers. Would you like to abbrograte that and all the othe consumer protections? Before the Act, milk producer regularly diliuted milk with water then added chalk to make the color look right. How would you like to drink a nice be glass of watery chalk?

Perhaps you don't realize this but it's no longer 1906, things have changed just a tad since then and remarkably many of those changes have empowered consumers with a whole new suite of tools to evaluate their consumption choices all on their own.

It might be a bit mind boggling to you but people are actually capable of making their own choices and living with the consequences of those choices without big brother protecting them from themselves, in fact individuals tend to do a much better job of it when not hindered with any sense of dependency on government.

They have changed because there are LAWS protecting people against this typw of fraud.
This may come as a shock to you but government is not responsible for the advancement of either technology or society (that credit goes to free enterprise and the entrepreneurial spirit of individuals), in fact government has only been a net hindrance to it.

Why is it you nuts insist on thinking that completely free markets produce no abuse?
First off, please point to where I "insisted" on any such thing? (hint I don't operate under Utopian delusions like you do, since I live in the real world and don't actively attempt to deny reality). Secondly you are the last person that should be labeling anybody as a "nut" since the only person here I see with questionable sanity here is the one that worships government and appears to lack any faith in individuals and that would be YOU not me.

We need to move the country back a hundred years and repeal all the progressive policies that are turning this country into a nanny state full of whining slackers.

Teddy Roosevelt signed the Food and Drugs Act of 1906 to stop the abuses of food and drug manufacturers. Would you like to abbrograte that and all the othe consumer protections? Before the Act, milk producer regularly diliuted milk with water then added chalk to make the color look right. How would you like to drink a nice be glass of watery chalk?

The price of a nanny state is freedom.
I would rather have the freedom to choose to drink milk with chalk in it than not have that freedom at all.
Nice straw man though, typical. Move on to the next rule alinksi wrote.

BACKWARD A HUNDRED YEARS.

If a Palin or Brown supported by the tea party extremist get in office in 2012 they will take this country back a hundred years. They will take away social security, Medicare and Medicaid, welfare, SCHIP and civil rights of minorities. Then you will see a real revolution like this country have never seen before.
Right wing nuts and village idiots, Rush and FOXNEWS hate Obama more than they love this country, their granny or their children. Hate kind of like terrorist who hate us more then they love life.

Nothing wrong with getting rid of Social Security.

It's the biggest government scam ever.
They can get rid of Social Security once you're ready to collect it. In the meantime, there are enough of us close enough to collecting that you had better think twice about fucking with it now.

Perhaps you don't realize this but it's no longer 1906, things have changed just a tad since then and remarkably many of those changes have empowered consumers with a whole new suite of tools to evaluate their consumption choices all on their own.

It might be a bit mind boggling to you but people are actually capable of making their own choices and living with the consequences of those choices without big brother protecting them from themselves, in fact individuals tend to do a much better job of it when not hindered with any sense of dependency on government.

They have changed because there are LAWS protecting people against this type of fraud.
This may come as a shock to you but government is not responsible for the advancement of either technology or society (that credit goes to free enterprise and the entrepreneurial spirit of individuals), in fact government has only been a net hindrance to it.
What utter delousional crap, the entire reason we have a computor society is NASA and its additions to science. When the US researches they share the info, when corps research they guard with their lives the results and refuse to share it.
Why is it you nuts insist on thinking that completely free markets produce no abuse?
First off, please point to where I "insisted" on any such thing? (hint I don't operate under Utopian delusions like you do, since I live in the real world and don't actively attempt to deny reality). Secondly you are the last person that should be labeling anybody as a "nut" since the only person here I see with questionable sanity here is the one that worships government and appears to lack any faith in individuals and that would be YOU not me.

You are thinking that markets are Magical. I am facing the facts that HISTORY has proven over and over again. When you involve people there is a certain segment of society the will use deception for personal gain. It does not matter if they wear 1000 dollar suits and live in multi million dollar homes. They are not immune from this fact of mankind. The really smart sociopaths will rise to the top with no rules because the decent people will follow a moral code that will never get in the way of the sociopaths. What you want to set up is a perfect structure for the sociaopaths to get to the top of everything in record time.

Its you that is the fool and anyone else who buys the silly unfettered markets create magic.

Get over yourself and your childish need to believe you are one of the FEW who KNOW the secrets that everyone else is just too stupid to understand.

Face the reality of the condition of mankinds pshycological makeup.

Last edited:
They have changed because there are LAWS protecting people against this type of fraud.
What utter delousional crap, the entire reason we have a computor society is NASA and its additions to science. When the US researches they share the info, when corps research they guard with their lives the results and refuse to share it.

You are thinking that markets are Magical.
Again more strawman bullshit, please point to where I said any such thing.

I am facing the facts that HISTORY has proven over and over again. When you involve people there is a certain segment of society the will use deception for personal gain.
No, again YOU are selectively denying history since apparently you think this only happens in the private sector and not government, history clearly shows that unrestrained GOVERNMENT leads to far more egregious abuses to the general populace than does unrestrained private enterprise, of course I'm not an advocate of unrestrained either but I have a MUCH firmer grasp on what the balance needs to be between the two than you apparently do.

The really smart sociopaths will rise to the top with no rules because the decent people will follow a moral code that will never get in the way of the sociopaths.
Yeah really smart sociopaths like Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, FDR, Napoleon, Bush, Obama, etc..,etc, .... and you're the one that advocates further empowering the engine that creates such sociopaths not me.

Its you that is the fool and anyone else who buys the silly unfettered markets create magic.
and yet again, more strawman bullshit, I realize your arguements lack any real substance but please do me a favor and at least TRY switching up the manner and style of your BS every once in a while, just for variety sake.

Get over yourself and your childish need to believe you are one of the FEW who KNOW the secrets that everyone else is just too stupid to understand.
You mistake me, I don't believe I'm one of the "FEW who KNOW the secrets that everyone else is just too stupid to understand" , I simply know that you are one the few that are too stupid to understand what is plainly evident to anyone that cares to do a little homework and engage in observation of the world around them.

You first.

You are thinking that markets are Magical. I am facing the facts that HISTORY has proven over and over again. When you involve people there is a certain segment of society the will use deception for personal gain. It does not matter if they wear 1000 dollar suits and live in multi million dollar homes. They are not immune from this fact of mankind. The really smart sociopaths will rise to the top with no rules because the decent people will follow a moral code that will never get in the way of the sociopaths. What you want to set up is a perfect structure for the sociaopaths to get to the top of everything in record time.

The markets are simply the natural law of economics. You dont make people honest by changing the law and outlawing all activity. And you dont prosper by ignoring the natural law. You may complete hate it, but the free market works because it's nature. It encourages people to be knowledgible and to provide services and goods that people desire and need.

You cant fight against nature without suffering consequences. And absent, Divine Intervention (which is there, but which sadly few accept), there is no way to change human nature.

It's not the system that needs fixing. It's the people. Changing the law cannot change the people. The world changes the environment IE law, with the hopes to change men. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. You will fail in your efforts, because you are trying to do it the wrong way.

Instead of fixing the problem. You end up making things worse by empowering even more corrupt people to "reign in" those so called evil corporations. And those people merely see these corporations as an opportunity to take money from people with the support of useful idiots so they can pay their "friends" and fund their special projects that fail to help society. It's wrong.

But I suspect you wont stop supporting evil people.

The progressive clowns are running scared right now!

Their loony agenda is in shambles.

Look for Obama to start tossing people under the bus. Lord knows he's too arrogant to admit that he's the one who is primarily responsible for fucking it all up!

funny-pictures-cat-covers-your-mouth.jpg

If a Palin or Brown supported by the tea party extremist get in office in 2012 they will take this country back a hundred years.

Oh thank God! It'd be about damn time. Privatize the works and let people invest their money the way they see fit.

They will take away social security

Good. It's bankrupt anyway and a ponzi scheme. Why should the government get away with it?

, Medicare and Medicaid,

Good. About damn time to end these failed programs and privatize them.

Work for a living. Subsidizing poverty begets more poverty. It's a proven fact we have more poverty now BECAUSE of Great Society Welfare.

and civil rights of minorities.

Are you shitting me? What kind of racist are you? To think that conservatives are racist by nature is despicable when the pattern of racism follows the DNC like a blood trail.

Then you will see a real revolution like this country have never seen before.

Bring it. Purging this nation of communism is a net gain.

Right wing nuts and village idiots, Rush and FOXNEWS hate Obama more than they love this country, their granny or their children.

Did you ever take Government in grade school???? Do you even KNOW what patriotism, love of country and American History are? Or have you only heard the history of the progressive movement from 1890 forward???

Hate kind of like terrorist who hate us more then they love life.

Like islamo-fascist Wahabbi terrorists and eco-nuts trying to destroy western civilization so we all starve in the freezing cold while they play with pinwheels mirrors and moonshine?

Yeah. That's it.

They have changed because there are LAWS protecting people against this typw of fraud.
Yeah and the magical series of tubes you currently type on was created on 8th day.

Yeah and the magical series of tubes you currently type on was created on 8th day.

LOL, you win the award for the most ignorant post in this thread so far. :clap2:

"Series of tubes" :lol:... What decade are YOU living in?

Yes, by the Great Prophet of the one true Earth, Algore.

LOL, you win the award for the most ignorant post in this thread so far. :clap2:

And you're obviously stupid enough to not get the reference. Congratulations LOL

Yes, by the Great Prophet of the one true Earth, Algore.

Gore_stfu_internet.jpg

we lost 8 years of medical research when bush was in office due to his stupid blocking of funds. it was a mini peek at the hundreds of years of world wide human progress during the christian ran dark ages. I wish relgion would just be dropped once and for all and reason would take over

We need to move the country back a hundred years and repeal all the progressive policies that are turning this country into a nanny state full of whining slackers.

OMG!

If we end medicare they are going to start putting chalk in our milk!!!!

:cuckoo:

we lost 8 years of medical research when bush was in office due to his stupid blocking of funds. it was a mini peek at the hundreds of years of world wide human progress during the christian ran dark ages. I wish relgion would just be dropped once and for all and reason would take over
This is a lie. Research on stem cells continued under Bush.

That is a complete lie. President Bush was the first President to fund stem cell research. Nor did he do anything to prevent private companies from researching stem cells.

The idea that unless the government funds something nothing will get done is absurd.

I wish people would just stop being so dang stupid. But unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

And you're obviously stupid enough to not get the reference. Congratulations LOL

Apparently you don't understand that the onus of communication is on the communicator not the communicatee so, the next time you want to giggle at yourself over some ill informed, oblique "reference" you're considering making in public remember to engage thy brain before putting thy fingers in gear, else you'll just make yourself look like a jackass again.

On second thought you appear to consistently make a conscious effort to do just that, so never mind and proceed on, after all the world needs more clowns. :lol:

Forum List

Back