Background checks and increase age to own a gun.

Art of the Deal. Start out with extreme wide positions then narrow them down once you get people in the room. Age change, thats possible. Checks? We already have them. Records? You cannot take away a constitutional right from a citizen just because he did something dumb as a kid. Mixed bag.
Ok, so what’s this middle ground he is looking to get to? And who is he negotiating with?

Well, his offer will decide who he is negotiating with. Obviously he needs the Dems.

Where will he get too? Maybe a few changes to background checks that the NRA is okay with. Possible age change but that's doubtful.

He is currently winning independents, and a deal here would push that along.
What makes you think he is winning independents? And are you suggesting that independents support gun control?

He's not winning independents I know and that voted for him in 16. They will not vote for him again.
Lol
No one but fucked up Progressives want frivolous gun control laws...

13934587_609689792523750_5234308155661303563_n.jpg

Art of the Deal. Start out with extreme wide positions then narrow them down once you get people in the room. Age change, thats possible. Checks? We already have them. Records? You cannot take away a constitutional right from a citizen just because he did something dumb as a kid. Mixed bag.
Ok, so what’s this middle ground he is looking to get to? And who is he negotiating with?

Well, his offer will decide who he is negotiating with. Obviously he needs the Dems.

Where will he get too? Maybe a few changes to background checks that the NRA is okay with. Possible age change but that's doubtful.

He is currently winning independents, and a deal here would push that along.
What makes you think he is winning independents? And are you suggesting that independents support gun control?

He's not winning independents I know and that voted for him in 16. They will not vote for him again.
Voices in your head tell you that?

Trump went on air this morning promoting background checks, increasing the age to purchase a gun, and getting rid of the policy that expunges the records of minors when they turn 18.

Thoughts?

Trump: Congress discussing 'meaningful' gun background checks, NRA will have input

Damned good idea. A background check should be done on anyone buying a gun.

Wrong....criminals don't do background checks, mass shooters pass any background check...or they both steal the guns.....

Please...try to understand this issue...

Trump went on air this morning promoting background checks, increasing the age to purchase a gun, and getting rid of the policy that expunges the records of minors when they turn 18.

Thoughts?

Trump: Congress discussing 'meaningful' gun background checks, NRA will have input

Wrong....criminals don't do background checks, mass shooters pass any background check...or they both steal the guns.....

Of course criminals don't do background checks or mass shooter for that matter.

A background check never hurt anyone and if it manages to catch some asshole then that's a good thing.

Libs still don't get it. More guns make us safer.
And more arsenic in our drinking water makes us healthier:cuckoo:
With as many disarmed people that you liberals mow down, even an imbecile of your magnitude should soon realize that making people more helpless in not the answer.
According to a familiar gun-rights slogan, "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." This is true, but before deciding the answer is putting armed citizens on the streets across the land, consider the following:

In a society in which no one except the police and criminals are allowed to carry a gun in public, anyone carrying is breaking the law and is immediately recognized as a criminal by the police. However, in a society in which everyone is allowed and encouraged to carry a gun, then the good guys and bad guys all look the same to police. The gun-toting criminal is more likely to succeed in his various felonious acts because the police have no reason suspect him.

The cashier who sees the customer with a pistol on his hip or a rifle over his shoulder may think to himself, "He could be a law-abiding citizen just exercising his right to open carry, but he could be planning to hold me at gunpoint. He looks kind of suspicious so, I better not take any chances. I'll draw my gun first."

With as many disarmed people that you liberals mow down, even an imbecile of your magnitude should soon realize that making people more helpless in not the answer.
According to a familiar gun-rights slogan, "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." This is true, but before deciding the answer is putting armed citizens on the streets across the land, consider the following:

In a society in which no one except the police and criminals are allowed to carry a gun in public, anyone carrying is breaking the law and is immediately recognized as a criminal by the police. However, in a society in which everyone is allowed and encouraged to carry a gun, then the good guys and bad guys all look the same to police. The gun-toting criminal is more likely to succeed in his various felonious acts because the police have no reason suspect him.

The cashier who sees the customer with a pistol on his hip or a rifle over his shoulder may think to himself, "He could be a law-abiding citizen just exercising his right to open carry, but he could be planning to hold me at gunpoint. He looks kind of suspicious so, I better not take any chances. I'll draw my gun first."
No scum bag, the bad guys are the ones robbing, raping, and murdering. pos.

Thoughts?

Bull shit. First off, "expunged" means different things in different states. It's a myth that when one turns 18 all the crimes they committed just disappear. That's all a fairy tail. As for raising the age to own a rifle or shotgun, I would only be good with that if the age to vote and join the military was raised to 21.

Thoughts?

How's that worked out so far?

The El Paso shooter and the Ohio shooter were both mentally disturbed. The system and laws already in effect failed ..adding more / new laws when you can't enforce the old ones don't help.

Disarm law-abiding citizens, and you create 'sheep' for the 'wolves' - criminals who don't follow those laws - to slaughter.

The Red Flag laws have already been proven to be easily used to disarm Americans, as 1 citizen was raided, his guns taken, & WHEN he gets a court date he has to try to prove he is innocent despite the cops mistaking him for a convicted criminal.

There are no such thing as an 'assault weapon' - it is a made-up term spread to cause fear / outrage and support for stripping Americans of their 2nd Amendment Rights.

Liberals / Democrats claim they are against gun violence and want to make America safer....by ignoring record-setting daily / weekly coo.Bing murder rates in cities like Chicago and Baltimore, where g and guns are used to kill Americans in far larger numbers than the occasional mass shooting. Instead, they wait for a shooting that works for their agenda and act quickly, while dead Americans still lie where they were killed, to make the most of the tragedy by manipulating public emotion.

You libs / Dems want to make America safer? Start with Chicago & Baltimore. When you succeed THERE, come show us your success and talk to us THEN.

Lol
Your ancestors left Europe for a reason...
quote-well-you-may-not-know-this-but-there-s-things-that-gnaw-at-a-man-worse-than-dying-charlie-waite-77-23-24.jpg

Thoughts?

Do any of these changes have a direct impact on any previous shooting?
I don’t know, what do you think? Why do you think trump was promoting those ideas?

Thoughts?

Of course criminals don't do background checks or mass shooter for that matter.

A background check never hurt anyone and if it manages to catch some asshole then that's a good thing.

They catch a bunch lying on the forms, very few, if any are prosecuted. Perhaps we should enforce the laws we already have.

Forum List

Back