Backdoor ACLU Recruitment

HGROKIT said:
I was sent this link as a joke. When I got to the end of the "presentation" and clicked on "Take Action" - I cold not believe my eyes.

Be sure your sound is up.

Order a Pizza

I heard this shit somewhere else... don't recall where. It is kind of frightening, and sure I'd like to do what I can to see that it never gets like that. But the aclu? I just can't go there... :cuckoo:

<sarcasm=on>just keep on thinking that we'll never get to this kind of informational database collection and usage. corporations and government would never stoop to this kind of action. <sarcasm=off>

It's where America is headed, regardless of who gets elected...The genie is out of the bottle. Dubbyuh, Herr Ashcroft, et al are merely hastening the process.

DKSuddeth said:
<sarcasm=on>just keep on thinking that we'll never get to this kind of informational database collection and usage. corporations and government would never stoop to this kind of action. <sarcasm=off>
That was never stated, the point is that it is a weird way to try and get someone to join.

DKSuddeth said:
but also rings of some truth, might be effective.
goes back to the threads of last week. it will only get to that if it is allowed. unfortunately, as i do not see a revolution on the horizon, i am indeed worried.

HGROKIT said:
goes back to the threads of last week. it will only get to that if it is allowed. unfortunately, as i do not see a revolution on the horizon, i am indeed worried.

It has been pretty close for a while. When I call my local pizza hut, through caller ID, they know where to delivery, what I ordered last, etc., etc.

And when I go to Albertson's, if I use the "discount" membership card, they get to track everything I buy. I NEVER use the card when buying cigs or booze. You just know that it won't belong before your grocery store starts sharing your purchasing habits with your insurance company.

HGROKIT said:
. . . as i do not see a revolution on the horizon, i am indeed worried.

So do I, but so many are still living in the 90's that they don't see what is going on around them. They don't realize that the world REALLY did change on 9-11. I am agressively looking for some remote land in the mountains. I found some, so if anybody wants to go in with me on it.....:)

It is about 4 hours (more probably since you have to travel by dirt road for a LONG way before you get to it) north of Vegas and in a nice valley with lots of wildlife all around. It even has three well already dug plus a large stock pond stocked full of trout.....

you know the old saying, "the best place to be after a MAJOR conflict, disaster, etc., will be at least three days walking distance from anybody that is starving.

freeandfun1 said:
It has been pretty close for a while. When I call my local pizza hut, through caller ID, they know where to delivery, what I ordered last, etc., etc.

And when I go to Albertson's, if I use the "discount" membership card, they get to track everything I buy. I NEVER use the card when buying cigs or booze. You just know that it won't belong before your grocery store starts sharing your purchasing habits with your insurance company.

The pizza place thing is normal. We don't have caller ID, but any information you give us is stored in the computer. Give us your phone number, and if you've ordered from us before, we'll have your name and previous order (within a couple of weeks) on file, as well as your address if you delivered. We ask before sending stuff to that address.

The grocery thing is the non-internet version of spyware, and I hate it.

Forum List

Back