Bachmann versus Palin

who hates her? i laugh at stupidity and insanity. but i hope she does run.

let's see what people really think of someone who thinks like she does.

at least bachmann's a true believer and has paid her dues.

why the rightwingnut fantasy that everyone *hates* their girls. :cuckoo:

You certainly aren't a hater Jill.

Perhaps, like you, others think Palin and Bachman are just stupid.

Kinda hard to tell.

I like both ladies just fine and I sure as hell don't think either of them are stupid. Don't think either will run for POTUS though.

Of course I could be wrong. Perhaps one or the other will make yours and others dreams come true. LOL

thanks for noting that i'm not a hater. :thup:

i don't know if they're stupid. i think they're ignorant. there's a difference. ignorance can be corrected if the person so chooses. stupid is forever. but in both of their cases, i think they've done some weird stuff.

i know a lot of people talk about how they'd love to see palin run b/c she'd make it easier for obama to be re-elected (likely true)... and i don't know if you've seen me say it on the board, but i really, truly would prefer seeing a good candidate out of the GOP.

Agreed.

apparently michelle bachmann has a yen to run for the presidency in 2012... that might put her in direct competition with palin

thoughts?

It's a plot to split the crazy vote in order to get an electable and sane candidate to win the nomination.

Rick Santorum's supposedly throwing in his hat too.

Maybe the sane ones are encouraging them to run so there's somebody to make them look that much better in the debates?

Rick Santorum???

Oh my god, just fucking give the damn presidency to the dems and get it over with. I can't take this crap anymore.

Why looky, looky... what do we have here? Well it's another liberal "bash the conservative woman" thread party for the zealots. Isn't that special.

*ZERO* points for originality... :eusa_hand:

Lighten up Francis.

Geez we kick big 0 around daily.

You put your hat in the ring, USMB is going to notice and pounce. these are adults, not kids, everyone is fair game.

personnaly I would LOVE for Palin to fade, but she's making WAY to much money now, so we will have to suck it up and hope she doesn't run.

B/c if you think it's rude now.....

Bachmann is a nut-job because she thinks her folksy, l"et's get back to the Constitution as long as it conforms to my cartoon view of it" stance is undiscovered gold.

The gleam I continually see in her eye is the gleam of "Im the way, the truth, and the light" for all America...despite being wrong on so many issues.

“Tax-free zones are meant to be the catalyst to put the final nail in this system to have a state-planned economy.” — Senator Michele Bachmann, EdWatch conference, October 10-11, 2003. bullshit

On whether GOP Governor Tim Pawlenty and Minnesota elected officials are restructuring school curriculum to replace a free market economy with a state-controlled economy: "I don’t believe for a minute our Governor wants eighth graders choosing careers, I don’t believe for a minute our elected officials want that. But you know what? Everything that I read, all the documents, point otherwise." — Senator Michele Bachmann, Edwatch conference, October 10-11, 2003. bullshit

"If we allow businesses to be prosperous and accrue capital, they’ll be giving their employees more than they can even begin to imagine. But when we continue to tie cement blocks on businesses (like the minimum wage) and constrain them, they can actually do less than their employees."
—Michele Bachmann, 1/26/05, testifying against SF 3, a bill to raise the MN minimum wage and explaining why it actually keeps wages and benefits lower. bullshit

"No one that I know disagrees with natural selection — that you can take various breeds of dogs ... breed them, you get different kinds of dogs," she said. "It's just a fact of life. ... Where there's controversy is (at the question) 'Where do we say that a cell became a blade of grass, which became a starfish, which became a cat, which became a donkey, which became a human being?' There’s a real lack of evidence from change from actual species to a different type of species. That's where it's difficult to prove." - Michele Bachmann quoted in the Stillwater Gazette, September 29, 2003. bullshit

"I find it interesting that it was back in the 1970s that the swine flu broke out under another, then under another Democrat president, Jimmy Carter. I'm not blaming this on President Obama, I just think it's an interesting coincidence." -Rep. Michele Bachmann, on the 1976 Swine Flu outbreak that happened when Gerald Ford, a Republican, was president, April 28, 2009 bullshit (she WAS trying to make a link)

"I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out: Are they pro-America or anti-America?" -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, calling for a new McCarthyism, Oct. 2008 bullshit

"Carbon dioxide is portrayed as harmful. But there isn't even one study that can be produced that shows that carbon dioxide is a harmful gas." -Rep. Michelle Bachmann, April, 2009 bullshit

Wow...just wow. A semi-pretty slow kid believes her own drivel, people back her up, and we spawn a monster.

So you disagree with her and thereofre she is a nutjob.

Nope. There are lots of people I disagree with whom I respect, yet differ from.

These quotes (at least one of them, depending on who you are) should be obvious nutjob material. If you're reading them...and you can't find one that you realize is retarded...then you're a nutjob too.

Oh, I read them. I have read many quotes of many people...some are outright hillarious. But you see, I am a man that is smart enough to not take a few quotes of someone who is quoted daily over a period of years and make a judgement call. I mean, if I did, I would truly think that Biden would expect a man in a wheelchair to be able to stand...I would think that Obama truly believed there were 57 states....But, you see, I am my own thinker. I know people make mistakes and I also know that people say things one way when, in fact they meant it another way. I also know how easy it is to take something out of context. I, myslef have found myself saying something and then think about what I said and realized it did not come out as I planned.

My wife once asked me if her pants made her butt look fat. I told her not to blame the pants.....really meaning to say that the pants were a great pair of pants....

Was a long evening on the couch that night.

You see...I dont make judgement calls on small little items like that. I look aty the whole picture.

To you, I guess that makes me a nutjob.

I like Palin but don't think she's a viable candidate. Too much baggage. I don't think she'd run anyway.

As for Bachman?? If push comes to shove I don't think she'd run either.

Guess the lady haters will have to come up with someone else to hate. LOL
Does the same go for the cons who hate Pelosi or Hillary?

I like Palin but don't think she's a viable candidate. Too much baggage. I don't think she'd run anyway.

As for Bachman?? If push comes to shove I don't think she'd run either.

Guess the lady haters will have to come up with someone else to hate. LOL
Does the same go for the cons who hate Pelosi or Hillary?

I dont agree with the ideology of either Pelosi or Hillary.
But I have the highest regard for their acheivments and intelligence.

I actually may have voted for Hillary....I was considering it at one point.....

So you disagree with her and thereofre she is a nutjob.

These quotes (at least one of them, depending on who you are) should be obvious nutjob material. If you're reading them...and you can't find one that you realize is retarded...then you're a nutjob too.

Oh, I read them. I have read many quotes of many people...some are outright hillarious. But you see, I am a man that is smart enough to not take a few quotes of someone who is quoted daily over a period of years and make a judgement call. I mean, if I did, I would truly think that Biden would expect a man in a wheelchair to be able to stand...I would think that Obama truly believed there were 57 states....But, you see, I am my own thinker. I know people make mistakes and I also know that people say things one way when, in fact they meant it another way. I also know how easy it is to take something out of context. I, myslef have found myself saying something and then think about what I said and realized it did not come out as I planned.

My wife once asked me if her pants made her butt look fat. I told her not to blame the pants.....really meaning to say that the pants were a great pair of pants....

You see...I dont make judgement calls on small little items like that. I look aty the whole picture.

Oh I look at the whole picture, but I don't think you want me to post something the length of War & Peace every time I talk about the woman. These are internet posts...the medium is what it is.

Of course quotes can be taken out of context and misunderstood...however there are some batshit crazy ideas that are contained and sustained throughout those quotes..and from the other, non-quoted shit she says.

I could care less whether you change your opinion or not...but that's my opinion and before we throw out quoting people, I'd argue that what someone says says a lot about who they are.

You tried to mischaracterize me as saying "i disagree therefore she's nuts" - that's either wantonly disingenuous/partisan or naively incorrect. I'll assume you're the latter.

Oh I look at the whole picture, but I don't think you want me to post something the length of War & Peace every time I talk about the woman. These are internet posts...the medium is what it is.

Of course quotes can be taken out of context and misunderstood...however there are some batshit crazy ideas that are contained and sustained throughout those quotes..and from the other, non-quoted shit she says.

I could care less whether you change your opinion or not...but that's my opinion and before we throw out quoting people, I'd argue that what someone says says a lot about who they are.

You tried to mischaracterize me as saying "i disagree therefore she's nuts" - that's either wantonly disingenuous/partisan or naively incorrect. I'll assume you're the latter.

I will accept the naively incorrect. I may have been a bit out of line.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I like the woman. I like her passion and I agree with much of her ideology.

I disagree alot with Pelosi...but I do not call her a nut job. I see her as one that has nutty ideas compared to my ideology, but I respect her for her passion and most certainly dont feel that just becuase I see them as "nutty" that they are in fact "nutty".

I guess we have different ways of articulating our sentiments....and by no means saying one is better than the other.

No worries. Perhaps I'm a bit overblown too. I'm sure there are people who will quote this in future threads ;)

It would behoove the left to concern themselves about the democrat candidate instead of venting their anger at republican women every day but what do you expect from people who think inane quotes from Springsteen and Letterman are profound?

Are you drunk? High?

Drunk high? Is that the first thing that comes to mind? I wonder what Springsteen thinks about that? The point is that the hatred aimed at Palin and other republican women at this stage in the presidential election doesn't make much sense. In fact it's kind of crazy.

You mistake anger for pity..

A single line in any Springsteen song makes more sense than a 1000 speeches Palin has ever made...and that one line has been more constructive...

Lefties ONLY care for a woman if she THINKS and acts the way they think she should.

To see my point, just read this and a Palin thread. Their TRUE colors shine bright.

and they crow how THEY CARE more for a Woman and their rights.

you betcha they do.:eusa_whistle:

Lefties ONLY care for a woman if she THINKS and acts the way they think she should.

To see my point, just read this and a Palin thread. Their TRUE colors shine bright.

From a person who supports the party that would rather women stay home in the kitchen...barefoot and pregnant..

Always remember this Stephie: Liberals are the ones who got your right to vote and also barrack for pay equality. Remember it is your conservative friends who fight against these rights every day of the week - they like to CONSERVE the status quo.

Just remember that next time your whining about your rights being taken away...

opposed to energy efficient lightbulbs? Many people are.
You are aware of the cost to dispose such lightbulbs...no?

Hid in bushes? Actually, she was filmed WITH BUSHES BETWEEN HER AND THE RALLEY...not actually crouching down within the bushes...she felt it best to hear the voices opposed without actually standing right in front of them as there was way too much anger being expressed...so she kept her distance and there were bushes between them. That was spin and you fell for it.

Oh, bullshit.

Long embrace of GWB? Who makes that determination of it being too long? Did you notice during that embrace thats she was speaking to GWB in his ear as the loud applause gave reason for her to speak in his ear? Maybe what she had to say took some time? Spin, and you fell for it.

I didn't really care about that. I was referring more to Michelle's penchant to hide behind bushes because she is scared of "the gays".

You see, you are a classic tool of the Left Wing. They spin it for you and youy believe it as fact.

Whatever floats your boat, jughead. Suffice to say, I am more inclined to believe "spin" in Bachman's local paper than your spin.

fuck it...

VOTE
FLO!!!

progressive-flo.jpg

Why looky, looky... what do we have here? Well it's another liberal "bash the conservative woman" thread party for the zealots. Isn't that special.

*ZERO* points for originality... :eusa_hand:

who's 'bashing'? :cuckoo:

yet another rightwingnut who's afraid to talk about their candidates.

what do they do... pay you to shut up about them? :cuckoo:

Two pages of liberal insults calling them everything but decent ladies, and you have the nads to say "who's bashing?"

Yeah... Jill... really... :cuckoo:...

I always expected more intelligent responses from you than low rent discharge like that.

In any case, I have no love for Palin. Although I believe her to be a decent person, I'd never want to be put in the position of have to vote for her, as in she's the conservative contender to the liberal. I can't hardly stand to listen to her talk. Her voice is irritating. But I do like Bachmann. I'd vote for her in a heart beat.

From a person who supports the party that would rather women stay home in the kitchen...barefoot and pregnant.

Always remember this Stephie: Liberals are the ones who got your right to vote and also barrack for pay equality. Remember it is your conservative friends who fight against these rights every day of the week - they like to CONSERVE the status quo.

Just remember that next time your whining about your rights being taken away...

good grief, so much bs it's laughable:lol:

That's not true Stephanie..

As a matter of fact, we respect your opinions as much as Palin or Bachmann

Forum List

Back