Average college undergrad IQ is now 102. In 1939 it was 119!

well Mike, isn't that the dif betwixt education and intelligence

I mean......they are in two different places in the dictionary

~S~
Of course. Unfortunately there are far too many, mostly Leftists,who think a college degree means you have superior intelligence and lack of a degree means you are stupid. How many times do we see snooty comments about "uneducated Trump lovers, fly-over country, etc?"

Of course. Unfortunately there are far too many, mostly Leftists,who think a college degree means you have superior intelligence and lack of a degree means you are stupid. How many times do we see snooty comments about "uneducated Trump lovers, fly-over country, etc?"
The decline takes time

It may have started with the Baby Boomers who had good teachers but were radicalized during the Vietnam War and immersed in the drug culture

Many became teachers themselves and passed their crazy ideas along to the kids in their classes

Now each generation is less well educated and more radical than the one before

Last edited:
The decline takes time

It may have started with the Baby Boomers who had good teachers but were radicalized during the Vietnam War and immersed in the drug culture

Many became teachers themselves and passed their crazy ideas along to the kids in their classes

Now each generation is less well educated and more radical than the one before
I wouldn't blame any particular generation for a decline over 8 decades long. Baby boomers are 70 million people with a very broad spectrum of people. There are several reasons for the decline. IMO the primary reason is government subsidized college loans that encouraged parents to push their average intelligence kids into college.

No. They suck. A Degree in Liberal Arts and $5 will get you a coffee at Starbucks. Won't get you a JOB there.

It will keep you in college for 40 years working on that PhD in 'Fine Arts', with a stipend for teaching freshmen classes and college housing.

I'm surprised it hasn't dropped considerable more than 17 points since 1977. You should see college graduates fail the Officer's Candidate Battery Test. I have seen double bolo from people with a decent college grade point average, on a test you only get to attempt twice.
When I took the ASVAB it was with a bunch of college graduates. Most of them got a print out of jobs they qualified for according to their scores. I got the book of Army MOS's and was told to pick what I wanted.

When I took the ASVAB it was with a bunch of college graduates. Most of them got a print out of jobs they qualified for according to their scores. I got the book of Army MOS's and was told to pick what I wanted.
Excellent! Somehow, I suspect you are not a graduate of the last few years. I hope you enjoyed your tour(s), and thank you for your service.

What degree you attain is also crucial to future success. If you get a degree in math, sciences or business the outcomes are far different from those getting degrees in political science or Drama.
Congressman?
Movie star?

Epitaph Chiseled on the Tombstone of the American Economy: TO GET A GOOD JOB, GET A GOOD EDUCATION

I got a score of 152 on the General Classification Test, which is equivalent to both IQ and ASVAB. The college-boy girlymen made me a machine-gunner and put the Diploma Dumbos in "Intelligence," which is why we lost the war.

The same attitude in business, putting "education" above IQ is the untold reason our economy has been going down the drain for decades. The one bright spot of computers is based on the fact that the original geeks were paid to learn it or were self-taught.

Typical of the shallow way college gradchewits think, the Intelligence morons took the reconnaissance reports of how the enemy was setting up before the Tet Offensive to mean the Communists would all converge on one base, "Duh, like they did to beat the French. Easy-peasy to figure out what they're going to do next."

Forum List

Back