HyenaKiller

Custom User Tittie
Dec 20, 2009
USSA
I just went last night with my Wife to go see the film. It was in 3D. The graphics were great. But it was not even in my top 20 favorite movies. I left the movie feeling bad about being human. The story line sucked IMO.. I don't know...

thoughts?

All the money that he spent on the movie and I left feeling like eh? All I could say was that the graphics were great. Besides that, it left a bad taste in my mouth. I can almost guess what the next Avatar movie is going to be.

Thoughts...

Cowboys and Indians with an anti-corporate, save the planet message, neither of which were all that subtle. The 3D was distracting and added nothing to the film. I thought it was crap.

Thoughts...

Cowboys and Indians with an anti-corporate, save the planet message, neither of which were all that subtle. The 3D was distracting and added nothing to the film. I thought it was crap.

Ya, but I did enjoy the 3D and the graphics. Too bad the plot and story line had to screw it up.

SA had a pretty good write up on it, and confirmed all my expectations.

Quote:

EXPECTATIONS: The Internet is ablaze with talk of James Cameron's latest "triumph." Any negative comment is shot down on sight. Personally, I think it looks like a sub-par Saturday morning cartoon that is too confusing for kids and too mindless for adults. Quite honestly, it looks like a cross between Dino-Riders and World of Warcraft. I have little enthusiasm for either, so let's see how this turns out.

REALITY: Avatar is this year's Cloverfield; visually innovative, but offering nothing new on the storytelling front. Everybody is talking about how Cameron has revolutionised visual effects and 3D technology, and having finally seen it, I can only agree. The integration of the CGI and live action is very impressive, and this is by far the best example of a 3D film I've seen to date. But, this isn't a video game. You can't get away with taking huge steps forward in visual techniques and then tell a cliche-ridden story.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/curr...mas-flicks.php

Thoughts...

Ya, but I did enjoy the 3D and the graphics. Too bad the plot and story line had to screw it up.

It was a great story. I still get a kick out of the ego's of certain groups. I wonder how an Indian would rate this movie. Or an aborigines or a Canadian indian or an Eskimo.

Great story line. This movie did just what I thougt it would. Make certain people feel uncomfortable.

Great!

Thoughts...

It was a great story. I still get a kick out of the ego's of certain groups. I wonder how an Indian would rate this movie. Or an aborigines or a Canadian indian or an Eskimo.

Great story line. This movie did just what I thougt it would. Make certain people feel uncomfortable.

Great!

He missed a chance to make a great movie.

Thoughts...

Great!

The only thing that made me feel uncomfortable were the seats.

I love all movies capitalists make condemning the inhumanity of capitalism in the hopes that the film makes lots of money on the open market..

Especially when they have anti-tech overtones and make use of the latest technology available in film-making.

That was the point right? he wanted us to be entertained by the irony of it? Or am I the only one who got that out of it?

Forum List

Back