Going to have to look it up..

Now if you really want to win post us a picture of your hot significant other

You would win in a heart beat.

It's a Toyota.

What do you have in it?
After that maneuver, loads of shit!

Nah it was intentional.
Just showing off for the cameras.
You can see in the corner pic where I took my intended line.

Only about 10% of those who try make it unless they're heavily modified.

I have a 2003 Trailblazer 2wd 6 cylinder with over 200,000 miles on it. I rebuilt the transmission last year because the 3-4 clutch failed. I notice that in 4th gear with the torque converter clutch applied, at 70 mph the motor runs about 1900 rpm.

Now, I just purchased a 2003 envoy with the same motor but it is a 4wd, and only has 100k miles on it. It's in good condition but I wonder about the gearing. At 70 mph in 4th gear with the torque converter clutch applied, the motor runs about 2200 rpm. The trans is not slipping and the fluid is red without a burnt odor. Does anyone know if there is a slight gearing difference that may account for this?

I think that it had the same transmission as my 2002 4WD blazer ..that pissed me off big time. It ran fine and great till I lost 3rd and 4th.
It is, called a 4L60.

That blazer was the first 4wd I bought ( it was used ) I never ever had a bad experience with a transmission before accept on a little Mazda pick up trucks and the tranny was made by ford..
A4ld is what it was called. Pos trans.
Actually, a very good trans...200K from an A4LD is nothing remarkable.

I have a 2003 Trailblazer 2wd 6 cylinder with over 200,000 miles on it. I rebuilt the transmission last year because the 3-4 clutch failed. I notice that in 4th gear with the torque converter clutch applied, at 70 mph the motor runs about 1900 rpm.

Now, I just purchased a 2003 envoy with the same motor but it is a 4wd, and only has 100k miles on it. It's in good condition but I wonder about the gearing. At 70 mph in 4th gear with the torque converter clutch applied, the motor runs about 2200 rpm. The trans is not slipping and the fluid is red without a burnt odor. Does anyone know if there is a slight gearing difference that may account for this?

I think that it had the same transmission as my 2002 4WD blazer ..that pissed me off big time. It ran fine and great till I lost 3rd and 4th.
It is, called a 4L60.

That blazer was the first 4wd I bought ( it was used ) I never ever had a bad experience with a transmission before accept on a little Mazda pick up truck and the tranny was made by ford..

Waaaay back when!!! I had a Ford ranger with a Mazda transmission....fucken trans failed on a regular basis.
In that case it was the synchronizers that failed.

Tell me about it I would burn up the clutch every damn 6 months...I rebuilt it 4 times till I had enough and let it sit by the side of the road and never reclaimed it...

Lol..

If you cooked a clutch every six months...sorry, dude, the problem is in the driver's seat.

It is, called a 4L60.

That blazer was the first 4wd I bought ( it was used ) I never ever had a bad experience with a transmission before accept on a little Mazda pick up trucks and the tranny was made by ford..
My 35 years experience working on stuff like that that tends to disagree. Some of them will get decent mileage, many others not so much. They typically had a high incident rate of high dollar parts breaking.

It is, called a 4L60.

That blazer was the first 4wd I bought ( it was used ) I never ever had a bad experience with a transmission before accept on a little Mazda pick up truck and the tranny was made by ford..

Waaaay back when!!! I had a Ford ranger with a Mazda transmission....fucken trans failed on a regular basis.

Tell me about it I would burn up the clutch every damn 6 months...I rebuilt it 4 times till I had enough and let it sit by the side of the road and never reclaimed it...

Lol..

If you cooked a clutch every six months...sorry, dude, the problem is in the driver's seat.

You drive one of those then...

It is, called a 4L60.

My 35 years experience working on stuff like that that tends to disagree. Some of them will get decent mileage, many others not so much. They typically had a high incident rate of high dollar parts breaking.

I worked for a livery company that had six Aerostars. Five got over 150,000 miles from their A4LD transmissions. Two got 200,000+. (One was wrecked before 100K.) And this was in commercial service-lots of idling, city use, and multiple drivers.

It is, called a 4L60.

Lol..

You go with that.

Lol..

You go with that.

You never did...

It is, called a 4L60.

I worked for a livery company that had six Aerostars. Five got over 150,000 miles from their A4LD transmissions. Two got 200,000+. (One was wrecked before 100K.) And this was in commercial service-lots of idling, city use, and multiple drivers.
That's good, nothing wrong with getting mileage out of a vehicle. I will admit I am a little bit biased after working on the stuff for so long.

Forum List

Back