Australia's record heatwave

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
At the Australian Open, players are vomiting and hallucinating on the court, water bottles are melting on the court and ball kids are fainting but-----but as Frank Dancevic is quoted as saying, "Until somebody dies, they're going to keep playing matches in this heat..."
AGW?

Australia's record heatwave

AGW-Denier-Cult Meme

<insert climatic trend event> is not due to Global Warming[/QUOTE]

What's the relationship between CO2 and "Warming" is it linear? hmm can you show us your experimental evidence?

AGWCult: We've eliminated all the variables except for an additional wisp of CO2

Denier: Can you show us an experiment that controls all the variables except for a wisp of CO2

AGWCult: Denier! The system is far too complex to control all the variables! You have to have faith that the "Science" is settled. We have "Consensus"

Denier: That sounds more like a cult than science

I feel sorry for the ball kids. 43 degrees and they have to stand in the sun wearing fucking jumpers.

Every year the idiot players (never the Aussies) have a sook about how hot it is, and how they shouldn't have to play in summer. Tough shit. The Aus Open is in summer, you should prepare yourself for the heat. Don't like it, don't bother fucking coming.

Last edited:
I keep thinking about those poor mofus who flew into Oahu Hawaii last week and stepped off the plane into 18 degree's. You cant even make it up. Imagine saving up 12-15 thousand dollars to go to a beach paradise and spending the week on a beach chair with a winter parka on while sipping a Hot Toddy.

Nobody cares about Australia.

I feel sorry for the ball kids. 43 degrees and they have to stand in the sun wearing fucking jumpers.

Every year the idiot players (never the Aussies) have a sook about how hot it is, and how they shouldn't have to play in summer. Tough shit. The Aus Open is in summer, you should prepare yourself for the heat. Don't like it, don't bother fucking coming.

You said fucking and coming in the same sentence.

Just sayin'...

You said fucking and coming in the same sentence.

Just sayin'...

I keep thinking about those poor mofus who flew into Oahu Hawaii last week and stepped off the plane into 18 degree's. You cant even make it up. Imagine saving up 12-15 thousand dollars to go to a beach paradise and spending the week on a beach chair with a winter parka on while sipping a Hot Toddy.

Why post in this thread then, moron?

Do people on the far left ever find ANYTHING humorous? Holy fuck.....I cant imagine life where you are pissy and miserable every second of the day. Its fascinating.:up:

Do people on the far left ever find ANYTHING humorous? Holy fuck.....I cant imagine life where you are pissy and miserable every second of the day. Its fascinating.:up:

I wasn't aware you were being humorous. My apologies.

In my high school yearbook, my goal was to see Australia. Still working on that one.

When I was 15 I wrote a letter to the post office in Perth, requesting some Eucalyptus leaves. Just for the novelty of it I guess. Months later I got a really nice letter. They had forwarded it to a local botanist who went to the trouble of collecting quite a few varieties and putting them in individual sleeves along with a little piece of paper noting their botanical names. Still have all of that including the envelope.

Ahhh.... what else. Some distant relatives lived in Australia for a while. They eventually bugged out and made it back to the U.S. I have an old photo of the ship they took, called the Hesperus I think.

About 15 years ago, I picked up my phone to make a call (fairly local) and someone picked up that I didn't recognize. There was a bunch of racket in the background. Anyhow, the phone rang in a bar in Australia. How the hell that happened, we couldn't figure it out. It was definitely a U.S. phone number.
So I hung up and tried again- same result. Very weird.

And I met a nice gal that I'd known for years via another message board. She lives in Australia and makes it to the States once in a while for concerts. She's a Facebook buddy now.

I'm rambling, yes. But I'm bored. And sober. :D

I love OZ. VB is my staple, and I have friends all over the place. We are going to visit a friend near Yorktown next year.

Too funny - I can't say I've agreed with you much on the issue of climate change, but by citing other areas of the world at least you've begun to show progress by acknowledging climate change is a global issue - good on you.
Did you see the record heat they've experienced lately in Argentina? India? Do you see their record high temperatures as weather events or evidence of global climate change?

"A meteorologist said the heat followed a pattern of rising temperatures year-on-year since 1984." ~ News Track India

What's the penalty for puking on the tennis court?
article-2539202-1AA5DECA00000578-533_306x452.jpg

article-2539202-1AA5DE8600000578-423_306x452.jpg

'Inhumane': China's Peng Shuai (above) vomited then suffered cramp as
temperatures soared above 40C during her defeat in the Australian Open​

Forum List

Back