Australia: Liberal MP calls for SSM referendum after Ireland vote

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Liberal MP calls for referendum on same-sex marriage after Ireland vote World news The Guardian

A Liberal backbencher believes Australia should follow Ireland and have a referendum on gay marriage, but he does not support it himself.

Ireland has become the first country in the world to approve gay marriage by popular vote.

“If you are going to make such a fundamental change it should go to a referendum. I think there is a reasonable argument for that,” Senator Zed Seselja told the ABC on Sunday.

Both sides of the Australian marriage equality debate are vowing to step up their efforts following Ireland’s historic “Yes” vote.

Marriage Equality Australia says the result in the traditionally conservative Catholic country will remove any doubt marriage equality can be achieved in Australia.

But the Australian Christian Lobby has vowed to campaign harder against same-sex marriage in the wake of the result.

Is Australia next?

Biggest topic in politics today. Only Christ returning will take this off the LMSM headlines.

Liberal MP calls for referendum on same-sex marriage after Ireland vote World news The Guardian

A Liberal backbencher believes Australia should follow Ireland and have a referendum on gay marriage, but he does not support it himself.

Ireland has become the first country in the world to approve gay marriage by popular vote.

“If you are going to make such a fundamental change it should go to a referendum. I think there is a reasonable argument for that,” Senator Zed Seselja told the ABC on Sunday.

Both sides of the Australian marriage equality debate are vowing to step up their efforts following Ireland’s historic “Yes” vote.

Marriage Equality Australia says the result in the traditionally conservative Catholic country will remove any doubt marriage equality can be achieved in Australia.

But the Australian Christian Lobby has vowed to campaign harder against same-sex marriage in the wake of the result.

Is Australia next?

In a country where surfing is the national pasttime I like their chances to get same-sex marriage by popular vote. :)

Biggest topic in politics today. Only Christ returning will take this off the LMSM headlines.
The return of Christ will end all Leftism forever.

Christ was a Liberal. Without a doubt, he was.
Yes he was. What he was not was a demonic Leftist.

Leftist are in no way demonic. Try again, this time with some talent.

They are often in no ways democratic, at least they aren't once they get into power.

They are often in no ways democratic, at least they aren't once they get into power.

Your opinion, which I respect, but with which I do not agree.

Your opinion, which I respect, but with which I do not agree.

Oh, Hai there!

hugo_chavez3.jpg

Forum List

Back