Ireland about to be gay country

Imagine had they voted against it. They no doubt know what the consequences would have been. They would have not only been shunned, but would have faced economic sanctions that would have been devastating.

As long as it wasn't put to a vote, there would have been no problem. The moment you do put it to a vote, the wheels are put in motion and you better do the right thing or there will be hell to pay.

Over 60% of Irish voters voted yes.
80% of Alabama citizens voted yes to reject gay marriage. What's the difference?
Oh look. Somebody got himself banned! Good!

laughing-019.gif

Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

It's' constitution can only be changed by a vote of the people, not by elected representatives.

So, why is it wrong when people in our states do the same to their Constitutions via the same type of referendum? Double standard much? I don't care about the constitutionality, but if one assumes it's okay for people to vote to allow gay marriage, then why is it wrong when we vote against it here?

See where I'm going with this?

I think you do understand the difference- but I am glad to respond.

The United States Constitution does not provide for national referendums. We the people do not vote to change the Constitution- Ireland does.

The voters in many states can vote to change their state Constitutions- but state Constitutions have to be Constitutional in regards to the United States Constitution.

That is why if voters in a state were to vote to ban gun ownership, the Federal Courts would overturn that Constitutional amendment- because it wouldn't be constitutional.

That is why the Supreme Court is considering cases regarding gay marriage right now.

But you knew that.
Which way do you find better? In Ireland, the constitution cannot be changed unless the people vote on it. I find this method superior, no bullshit, either the people want it or not.

If you are to accept other people not being tolerant, there is no tolerance. Does this really have to be explained to you?

Ask yourself, does this "explanation" of yours make any sense? To accept the intolerance of others is within itself tolerance. The very epitome of tolerance. They are entitled to be intolerant, as are you to them.
You keep showing how stupid you are, does it never end?

If you are to accept other people not being tolerant, there is no tolerance. Does this really have to be explained to you?

Ask yourself, does this "explanation" of yours make any sense? To accept the intolerance of others is within itself tolerance. The very epitome of tolerance. They are entitled to be intolerant, as are you to them.

Notice how I have you insulting me instead of addressing your argument?

You lose

It's' constitution can only be changed by a vote of the people, not by elected representatives.

So, why is it wrong when people in our states do the same to their Constitutions via the same type of referendum? Double standard much? I don't care about the constitutionality, but if one assumes it's okay for people to vote to allow gay marriage, then why is it wrong when we vote against it here?

See where I'm going with this?

I think you do understand the difference- but I am glad to respond.

The United States Constitution does not provide for national referendums. We the people do not vote to change the Constitution- Ireland does.

The voters in many states can vote to change their state Constitutions- but state Constitutions have to be Constitutional in regards to the United States Constitution.

That is why if voters in a state were to vote to ban gun ownership, the Federal Courts would overturn that Constitutional amendment- because it wouldn't be constitutional.

That is why the Supreme Court is considering cases regarding gay marriage right now.

But you knew that.
Which way do you find better? In Ireland, the constitution cannot be changed unless the people vote on it. I find this method superior, no bullshit, either the people want it or not.

Funny, that's how the States work. But they are only allowed to vote one way.

You lose
When I address you, you come back like an idiot. An idiot who claims victory.

You lose

A liberal hurls insults instead of making an argument. It only stands to reason that if you are insulting me, you realize your argument has fallen flat.

From that, victory is assured.

You lose

A liberal hurls insults instead of making an argument. It only stands to reason that if you are insulting me, you realize your argument has fallen flat.

I grew tired of making discussion with you because it was a waste of time, as is seen from the posts. Quit claiming victory when everybody can see the truth in black and white.

You lose

I grew tired of making discussion with you because it was a waste of time, as is seen from the posts. Quit claiming victory when everybody can see the truth in black and white.

A classic bandwagon fallacy. You're through. If you thought your point was important enough to make, you'd be making it, not insulting me.

You lose

A classic bandwagon fallacy. You're through.
I accept that bit of stupidity as your capitulation. Goodbye.

You lose

A classic bandwagon fallacy. You're through.
I accept that bit of stupidity as your capitulation. Goodbye.

And you said "idiots claim victory." Take your hypocrisy with you. Bye!

Ireland is on course to become the first nation in the world to legalise gay marriage by popular vote, leaders on both sides of the historic referendum campaign said on Saturday.
Ireland on course to be first country to legalise gay marriage by popular vote Society The Guardian

Today, attitudes in Ireland towards lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people are increasingly liberal.
Irish believe gay marriage can help attract foreign investment, the Irish government said on Thursday ahead of a referendum on the issue that has been publicly backed by global technology giants including Google, Ebay and Twitter.
The last bastion has fallen...Irish...dissapointed me...I always thought these crazy men will be stand against homo expansion...

Your title is bullshit, but that's not surprising based on your viewpoint. Ireland has not become a gay country because of this vote. They are allowing gay marriage. That does not make all Irish gay as you seem to insinuate.
Speaking of bullshit, you sure like eating da poo poo.

I'm not the goofball who suggested that all of Ireland is now going to become gay. :cuckoo:
But you do have AIDS.

Ireland is on course to become the first nation in the world to legalise gay marriage by popular vote, leaders on both sides of the historic referendum campaign said on Saturday.
Ireland on course to be first country to legalise gay marriage by popular vote Society The Guardian

Today, attitudes in Ireland towards lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people are increasingly liberal.
Irish believe gay marriage can help attract foreign investment, the Irish government said on Thursday ahead of a referendum on the issue that has been publicly backed by global technology giants including Google, Ebay and Twitter.
The last bastion has fallen...Irish...dissapointed me...I always thought these crazy men will be stand against homo expansion...

Your title is bullshit, but that's not surprising based on your viewpoint. Ireland has not become a gay country because of this vote. They are allowing gay marriage. That does not make all Irish gay as you seem to insinuate.

I'm not the goofball who suggested that all of Ireland is now going to become gay. :cuckoo:
But you do have AIDS.

More proof that you are one of the biggest dumbfucks here.

But you do have AIDS.

Have to wonder at times how old are some of these people? They certainly could not be adults, could they? What a scary thought that is!!!

But you do have AIDS.

As if we needed more proof? But yeah.....

But you do have AIDS.

Have to wonder at times how old are some of these people? They certainly could not be adults, could they? What a scary thought that is!!!
The scarier thought it that 1 in 5 gay men has HIV, and idiots like you think, "they are normal, just like us".

Forum List

Back