Australia $15 dollar minimum wage and they are still poor..explain it liberals

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
How can this be? We were told that raising the minimum wage to $15 bucks would be a "living wage" it would solve income inequality..

Dumb ass liberals wouldn't know economics if it bit them in the ass

Again raising the national minimum wage don't do anything

Time for Rethink on Minimum Wage

TIME FOR RETHINK ON MINIMUM WAGE

TUE 31 MAY 16

United Voice, one of Australia’s biggest unions, has urged the Fair Work Commission to look at a new approach to improve wages for Australia’s low paid workers.

Jo-anne Schofield, National Secretary of United Voice says “We are at a critical point in Australia. For the first time since Federation, Australia has a generation of working poor.

“The $15.80 per week increase announced today – just 41 cents per hour - will provide little relief for low paid workers caught in the trap of rising inequality in our nation.

“United Voice notes the Commission’s statement that some low paid workers are living below the poverty line and the over-representation of women amongst the low paid. The decision notes that earnings inequality has increased in Australia, with more highly paid workers achieving higher growth in pay over past decades.

“The time has come to address rising inequality.

“For the past 20 years the minimum wage has steadily and consistently pulled away from average weekly earnings.

From your link:

“The $15.80 per week increase announced today – just 41 cents per hour - will provide little relief for low paid workers caught in the trap of rising inequality in our nation.

So an increase of just 41 cents per hour - will provide little relief for low paid workers caught in the trap of rising inequality in our nation.

Thanks, I can certainly see how that would not be enough. There or here, for a stable healthy economy for working class folk.

From your link:

So an increase of just 41 cents per hour - will provide little relief for low paid workers caught in the trap of rising inequality in our nation.

Thanks, I can certainly see how that would not be enough. There or here, for a stable healthy economy for working class folk.

Do you comprehend they make $15.80 an hour

From your link:

I comprehend what the statement was about a 41 cent per hour increase not addressing "relief for low paid workers caught in the trap of rising inequality in our nation." A weak and struggling middle class along with wealth inequality are characteristics of 3rd world banana republics and corrupt political systems which often precede govt crack downs on civil rights. Be mindful of what you advocate for. There comes a tipping point at which societal instability becomes pretty common.

From your link:

I comprehend what the statement was about a 41 cent per hour increase not addressing "relief for low paid workers caught in the trap of rising inequality in our nation." A weak and struggling middle class along with wealth inequality are characteristics of 3rd world banana republics and corrupt political systems which often precede govt crack downs on civil rights. Be mindful of what you advocate for. There comes a tipping point at which societal instability becomes pretty common.

Did you miss this part

to look at a new approach to improve wages for Australia’s low paid workers.

They are finally figuring it out what we have been saying all along...

Raising the national minimum wage to

$15 bucks an hour, $20 bucks an hour, $30 bucks an hour, don't do anything, they will still be poor

From your link:

Did you miss this part

to look at a new approach to improve wages for Australia’s low paid workers.

They are finally figuring it out what we have been saying all along...

Raising the national minimum wage to

$15 bucks an hour, $20 bucks an hour, $30 bucks an hour, don't do anything, they will still be poor

At least they are having discussions about societal wealth inequality, we can't even admit it here. But this is for Australians to determine for themselves, and i'm american so I’m fine with leaving this to them to decide.

How ya like their guns laws bub?

From your link:

So why would they need another 41 cents?
I thought the 15 dollar min wage would solve the problem?
Fact is when you increase min wage the costs of products and services go up to cover the increased costs to business.
Damn you liberals are stupid.

From your link:

Holy shit you're a moron...

From your link:

So why would they need another 41 cents?
I thought the 15 dollar min wage would solve the problem?
Fact is when you increase min wage the costs of products and services go up to cover the increased costs to business.
Damn you liberals are stupid.

I'm not up on all the logistics of their economy and you've never seen me post anything about $15/hr at all. As for your "liberals" Tourette’s tic, ya got issues mate.

From your link:

Holy shit you're a moron...

Always enjoy your "discussion".

Australia Increases Minimum Wage for 2015-2016

June 26— The Fair Work Commission, Australia's national workplace tribunal which annually announces minimum wage adjustments, issued a draft order that the national minimum wage would increase 2.5 percent to A$656.90 ($507.68) per week from A$640.90 ($495.98) or A$17.29 ($13.36) per hour from A$16.87 ($13.05) beginning July 1, 2015.

Australia Increases Minimum Wage for 2015-2016!

Forum List

Back