August 6

.... He says by them bringing up the past, they are just dividing us. .....

I never said that. Can't you communicate at all without being dishonest?
What did you say?

If you have a question about another thread, go ask on that thread. Stay focused.

Did you start the thread in the FZ as I instructed you to?

As you instructed me to? .....

Yes. Now STFU and take your meltdown to the FZ so you can stop trolling this forum.
It's dead without me. No one really cares about the Japs in Japan just like you don't care about south Americans from Honduris.

I never said that. Can't you communicate at all without being dishonest?
What did you say?

If you have a question about another thread, go ask on that thread. Stay focused.

Did you start the thread in the FZ as I instructed you to?

As you instructed me to? .....

Yes. Now STFU and take your meltdown to the FZ so you can stop trolling this forum.
It's dead without me. .....

Are you saying this forum can't survive without you trolling it?

Japan was building the atomic bomb as were we during the war. Thanks to FDR we won the race, and had the means to deliver it. Would Japan have used the bomb on the US if it meant
Japan would win the war?

The Japanese did not have a nuclear program. Our program was created because we thought the Germans were developing the bomb. Turns out they weren't. Since most of the theory was by Jews, Hitler rejected it.

The reality is, we probably didn't need to use it, the Japanese were already looking for a way to surrender.

Let's look at the sequence of events.

We issue our terms for surrender. The Japanese agree to most of them and want to retain the Emperor.

We drop the bomb, and the USSR enters the Pacific War, breaking their non-aggression pact with Japan. As Japan was not really ready for a new front, the Russians pretty quickly start rolling up their forces in Manchuria and Korea.

Now, here's the thing, the last thing Japan wanted was to be partitioned like Germany. And the US didn't want that either. So suddenly we became all cool with Hirohito (a War Criminal as bad as any other) keeping his job.
Again for the TRULY SLOW and STUPID, the FACTS are that at NO time did the actual Government of Japan offer to surrender, even after 2 atomic bombs it took the intervention of the Emperor to cause them to surrender and then the Army staged a Coup to stop that.
As for Japan's attempt to build the A bomb check, Japan had no uranium so the Germans were to supply the uranium. Check Uboats 234,235.

.... at NO time did the actual Government of Japan offer to surrender, .......

That is not true, no matter how
"General Dwight Eisenhower voiced his opposition at Potsdam. "The Japanese were already defeated," he told Secretary of War Henry Stimson, "and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing." Admiral William Leahy, President Harry Truman's chief of staff, said that the "Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender….The use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan." General Douglas MacArthur said that the Japanese would have gladly surrendered as early as May if the U.S. had told them they could keep the emperor. Similar views were voiced by Admirals Chester Nimitz, Ernest King and William Halsey, and General Henry Arnold."

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/arti...-truths-about-using-the-atomic-bombs-on-japan

LOL, it's not a historical article, but some opinion piece by a schmoe, and you're the one criticizing everyone about other's history. (Family attack removed)
"The surrender of Imperial Japan was announced on August 15 and formally signed on September 2, 1945, bringing the hostilities of World War II to a close. By the end of July 1945, the Imperial Japanese Navy (IJN) was incapable of conducting major operations and an Allied invasion of Japan was imminent. Together with the British Empire and China, the United States called for the unconditional surrender of the Japanese armed forces in the Potsdam Declaration on July 26, 1945—the alternative being "prompt and utter destruction". While publicly stating their intent to fight on to the bitter end, Japan's leaders (the Supreme Council for the Direction of the War, also known as the "Big Six") were privately making entreaties to the still-neutral Soviet Union to mediate peace on terms more favorable to the Japanese. Meanwhile, the Soviets were preparing to attack Japanese forces in Manchuria and Korea (in addition to South Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands) in fulfillment of promises they had secretly made to the United States and the United Kingdom at the Tehran and Yalta Conferences.

On August 6, 1945, at 8:15 AM local time, the United States detonated an atomic bomb over the Japanese city of Hiroshima. Sixteen hours later, American President Harry S. Truman called again for Japan's surrender, warning them to "expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth." Late in the evening of August 8, 1945, in accordance with the Yalta agreements, but in violation of the Soviet–Japanese Neutrality Pact, the Soviet Union declared war on Japan, and soon after midnight on August 9, 1945, the Soviet Union invaded the Imperial Japanese puppet state of Manchukuo. Later in the day, the United States dropped a second atomic bomb, this time on the Japanese city of Nagasaki. Following these events, Emperor Hirohito intervened and ordered the Supreme Council for the Direction of the War to accept the terms the Allies had set down in the Potsdam Declaration for ending the war. After several more days of behind-the-scenes negotiations and a failed coup d'état, Emperor Hirohito gave a recorded radio address across the Empire on August 15. In the radio address, called the Jewel Voice Broadcast (玉音放送 Gyokuon-hōsō), he announced the surrender of Japan to the Allies.

On August 28, the occupation of Japan led by the Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers began. The surrender ceremony was held on September 2, aboard the United States Navy battleship USS Missouri, at which officials from the Japanese government signed the Japanese Instrument of Surrender, thereby ending the hostilities. Allied civilians and military personnel alike celebrated V-J Day, the end of the war; however, isolated soldiers and personnel from Japan's far-flung forces throughout Asia and the Pacific refused to surrender for months and years afterwards, some even refusing into the 1970s. The role of the atomic bombings in Japan's unconditional surrender, and the ethics of the two attacks, is still debated. The state of war formally ended when the Treaty of San Francisco came into force on April 28, 1952. Four more years passed before Japan and the Soviet Union signed the Soviet–Japanese Joint Declaration of 1956, which formally brought an end to their state of war."

Surrender of Japan - Wikipedia

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I screwed up and forgot to actually close this :1041: anyone that wants to actually return to the EXACT topic of the OP is welcome to do so. I'm linked to this thread. So don't make me sorry for being such a push-over. LOL.

[....
Me: Concentration camps are still around and exist all over the US in case a major war breaks out again or an uprising occurs and mass groups of people need to be rounded up and watched. We had evidence of a concentration camp when children of illegal immigrants were separated from their parents. We also have Guantanomo Bay still operating.

You might want to take some time and learn what a "concentration camp" is.

Why? They're places of imprisonment of masses of people without a trial. I gave you two examples.

Again for the TRULY SLOW and STUPID, the FACTS are that at NO time did the actual Government of Japan offer to surrender, even after 2 atomic bombs it took the intervention of the Emperor to cause them to surrender and then the Army staged a Coup to stop that.

Quite the contrary, the Japanese were looking for a diplomatic solution, and dropping the bombs was unneeded. What got them to surrender was the USSR entering the war. Really, the USSR did most of the Heavy Lifting in WWII, we just benefited.

Quite the contrary, the Japanese were looking for a diplomatic solution, and dropping the bombs was unneeded. What got them to surrender was the USSR entering the war. Really, the USSR did most of the Heavy Lifting in WWII, we just benefited.
Look I have repeatedly posted the link to SOURCE documents from the Japanese Government that clearly show no one running the Japanese Government offered to surrender even after 2 atomic bombs and even after the emperor surrendered the Army staged a Coup to stop that.

Look I have repeatedly posted the link to SOURCE documents from the Japanese Government that clearly show no one running the Japanese Government offered to surrender even after 2 atomic bombs and even after the emperor surrendered the Army staged a Coup to stop that

You can post whatever you want, buddy... but I doubt you read Japanese or know that much about their culture.

Look I have repeatedly posted the link to SOURCE documents from the Japanese Government that clearly show no one running the Japanese Government offered to surrender even after 2 atomic bombs and even after the emperor surrendered the Army staged a Coup to stop that

You can post whatever you want, buddy... but I doubt you read Japanese or know that much about their culture.

America should never have gotten involved in a war with Japan not knowing their language or culture. Our mistake.

"In my opinion, the Japanese war was really won before we ever used the atom bomb. Thus, it wouldn't have been necessary for us to disclose our nuclear position and stimulate the Russians to develop the same thing much more rapidly than they would have if we had not dropped the bomb."

- RALPH BARD

Under Secretary of the Navy

If America had a Trump-wall would we have had WWII?
So a wall around Pearl Harbor?
What won WWII was curtains of airplanes and waves of tanks, not walls.
Do you know what we did? We bombed the shit out of the enemy. Today we refuse to go after the enemy. Instead we go after the illegals who are only here coming for a better way of life. We should be going after the illegal employers. Bombing the shit out of their business' when we find out who they are. If they stopped hiring illegals would go home. And those 3rd world countries would be forced to deal with their citizens rather than pass off the poorest ones to us so they can delute the job market.

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

If America had a Trump-wall would we have had WWII?
So a wall around Pearl Harbor?
What won WWII was curtains of airplanes and waves of tanks, not walls.
Do you know what we did? We bombed the shit out of the enemy. Today we refuse to go after the enemy. Instead we go after the illegals who are only here coming for a better way of life. We should be going after the illegal employers. Bombing the shit out of their business' when we find out who they are. If they stopped hiring illegals would go home. And those 3rd world countries would be forced to deal with their citizens rather than pass off the poorest ones to us so they can delute the job market.

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"
Yeah our wonderful leaders mass murderer thousands of innocent women and children. You think this admirable.

Forum List

Back