August 6

Japan was building the atomic bomb as were we during the war. Thanks to FDR we won the race, and had the means to deliver it. Would Japan have used the bomb on the US if it meant
Japan would win the war?

The Japanese did not have a nuclear program. Our program was created because we thought the Germans were developing the bomb. Turns out they weren't. Since most of the theory was by Jews, Hitler rejected it.

The reality is, we probably didn't need to use it, the Japanese were already looking for a way to surrender.

Let's look at the sequence of events.

We issue our terms for surrender. The Japanese agree to most of them and want to retain the Emperor.

We drop the bomb, and the USSR enters the Pacific War, breaking their non-aggression pact with Japan. As Japan was not really ready for a new front, the Russians pretty quickly start rolling up their forces in Manchuria and Korea.

Now, here's the thing, the last thing Japan wanted was to be partitioned like Germany. And the US didn't want that either. So suddenly we became all cool with Hirohito (a War Criminal as bad as any other) keeping his job.
Again for the TRULY SLOW and STUPID, the FACTS are that at NO time did the actual Government of Japan offer to surrender, even after 2 atomic bombs it took the intervention of the Emperor to cause them to surrender and then the Army staged a Coup to stop that.

73 years have passed since the first use of an atomic weapon in war. Most of the 150,000 victims were civilians. Women, children, the elderly. The effects of this new weapon on real people shocked the conscience of the world, and its use at that time is still debated to this day.

Regardless of one's position on Truman's decision, it is fitting to take a moment to remember so many lives taken and the horror of war in general. There is a reason the monument to the event in the city is called the Peace Park.
Slaves were freed 1863. All of them were human beings. The effects of slavery on black men, women and children are still being felt today.

Regardless of ones position on slavery, it is fitting to take a moment to remember all the lives that were taken and the horrors of slavery.

For what purpose does the OP have to breed hate of a war already paid in blood??

I would remind the op we are still allies.....

Serves no purpose to open old wounds....Is the op
Trying to wedge relations between our countries and if so for what purpose???????

What in the wide, wide world of sports are you talking about?
What is your purpose here? That was 1945 and you want to create Hate here..............
Why?

Why are you in the history forum if discussing history upsets you so?
Doesn't upset me. It appears to upset you, and you refuse to answer the question.

What question? Why to discuss history? It's the fucking History forum!

What is your purpose here? That was 1945 and you want to create Hate here..............
Why?

Why are you in the history forum if discussing history upsets you so?
Doesn't upset me. It appears to upset you, and you refuse to answer the question.

What question? Why to discuss history? It's the fucking History forum!
You are such a coward

White women benefit most from affirmative action — and are among its fiercest opponents

Is it time for you to lie again? Is this thread about affirmative action?
Well you got me banned from that other thread so I wanted to get the last word.

This is a history forum. I'm discussing history. This thread is about AUGUST 6th. A lot happened on this date

Events[edit]

73 years have passed since the first use of an atomic weapon in war. Most of the 150,000 victims were civilians. Women, children, the elderly. The effects of this new weapon on real people shocked the conscience of the world, and its use at that time is still debated to this day.

Regardless of one's position on Truman's decision, it is fitting to take a moment to remember so many lives taken and the horror of war in general. There is a reason the monument to the event in the city is called the Peace Park.
Slaves were freed 1863. .....

No, they were not. Spam more accurately.

[....
Me: Concentration camps are still around and exist all over the US in case a major war breaks out again or an uprising occurs and mass groups of people need to be rounded up and watched. We had evidence of a concentration camp when children of illegal immigrants were separated from their parents. We also have Guantanomo Bay still operating.

You might want to take some time and learn what a "concentration camp" is.

[....
Me: Concentration camps are still around and exist all over the US in case a major war breaks out again or an uprising occurs and mass groups of people need to be rounded up and watched. We had evidence of a concentration camp when children of illegal immigrants were separated from their parents. We also have Guantanomo Bay still operating.

It's where white people sent their kids to play board games when Japs were locked up during WW2.

[....

It's where white people sent their kids to play board games when Japs[sic] were locked up during WW2.

So, you're just here to troll today?

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

.... at NO time did the actual Government of Japan offer to surrender, .......

That is not true, no matter how many times you spam it.
Be specific and link us to ACTUAL Japanese Government documents that show Japan ever offered to surrender? I can link to ( and have in fact) to ACTUAL Japanese Government documents that show they did NOT offer to surrender after either atomic bomb.

"...two days prior to Roosevelt's departure for Yalta, the president received a crucial, forty page memorandum from General Douglas MacArthur outlining five separate surrender overtures from highly placed Jap officials offering surrender terms which were virtually identical to the ones eventually dictated by the Allies to the Japanese in August."

Chicago Tribune History

"...two days prior to Roosevelt's departure for Yalta, the president received a crucial, forty page memorandum from General Douglas MacArthur outlining five separate surrender overtures from highly placed Jap officials offering surrender terms which were virtually identical to the ones eventually dictated by the Allies to the Japanese in August."

Chicago Tribune History

Your leaders as in the ones you are citing dumb ass. NONE of them were ever in the Pacific theater and havdn't a clue about the Japanese and their behavior........

Hmmm....how about Admiral Halsey? How about Admiral Nimitz? YOU understand the fighting in the Pacific much better than they did, right? If you had read the links like I repeatedly instructed you to, you wouldn't look so foolish now.

"General Dwight Eisenhower voiced his opposition at Potsdam. "The Japanese were already defeated," he told Secretary of War Henry Stimson, "and it wasn't necessary to hit them with that awful thing." Admiral William Leahy, President Harry Truman's chief of staff, said that the "Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender….The use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan." General Douglas MacArthur said that the Japanese would have gladly surrendered as early as May if the U.S. had told them they could keep the emperor. Similar views were voiced by Admirals Chester Nimitz, Ernest King and William Halsey, and General Henry Arnold."

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/arti...-truths-about-using-the-atomic-bombs-on-japan

.... He says by them bringing up the past, they are just dividing us. .....

I never said that. Can't you communicate at all without being dishonest?
What did you say?

If you have a question about another thread, go ask on that thread. Stay focused.

Did you start the thread in the FZ as I instructed you to?

As you instructed me to? LOL.

And no, you cried so now I can't reply to you for 5 days on that other thread.

.... He says by them bringing up the past, they are just dividing us. .....

I never said that. Can't you communicate at all without being dishonest?
What did you say?

If you have a question about another thread, go ask on that thread. Stay focused.

Did you start the thread in the FZ as I instructed you to?

As you instructed me to? .....

Yes. Now STFU and take your meltdown to the FZ so you can stop trolling this forum.

Forum List

Back