August 5, 1975: Both Democrat House And Senate Vote 407-10 Restoring Citizenship To Robert E. Lee

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
Last edited:
i think we need a Robert E Lee appreciation month, maybe in August,,and everyone gets a week off from work,,,kinda like when we all have the 4th of July week off

Folks, I was going to post a music vid by the late great Johnny Cash about the great Robert E Lee...

Then saw this that shows the insanity of today's racist, delusional, ignorant, stupid, low IQ welfare pieces of shit shooting out even lower IQ (as a result of inbreeding) offspring that Whitey has to pay for financially and culturally in terms of them destroying Western civilization.

Robert E Lee would utterly despise these Nazi scumbags clustering around his monuments. His legacy is complex but there is little evidence he was a hateful man.

Lee would have chopped the heads off each and every "Antifa" piece of shit.

Folks, I was going to post a music vid by the late great Johnny Cash about the great Robert E Lee...

Then saw this that shows the insanity of today's racist, delusional, ignorant, stupid, low IQ welfare pieces of shit shooting out even lower IQ (as a result of inbreeding) offspring that Whitey has to pay for financially and culturally in terms of them destroying Western civilization.

"I want the car gone"

A prime example of why liberals should not be engaged. Reasoning with these controlling dictatorial women is not possible.

Well, how about this gem of info I found out? And one more time, the Senate and House were both controlled by the Democrat Party.

Remarks Upon Signing a Bill Restoring Rights of Citizenship to General Robert E. Lee, August 5, 1975

[General Lee's character has been an example to succeeding generations, making the restoration of his citizenship an event in which every American can take pride.]

Page:United States Statutes at Large Volume 89.djvu/440 - Wikisource, the free online library
That was before democrats became the part of Northern liberals and minorities.
Democrats were popular during the Civil War in the states that today love Republicans (the south).

Robert e lee was a great American. Union soldiers and union leaders would be ashamed of the liberals today.

Well, how about this gem of info I found out? And one more time, the Senate and House were both controlled by the Democrat Party.

Remarks Upon Signing a Bill Restoring Rights of Citizenship to General Robert E. Lee, August 5, 1975

[General Lee's character has been an example to succeeding generations, making the restoration of his citizenship an event in which every American can take pride.]

Page:United States Statutes at Large Volume 89.djvu/440 - Wikisource, the free online library
A failure. There should be another vote to repeal that one.

Robert E Lee would utterly despise these Nazi scumbags clustering around his monuments.
Yes, he sure would have despised those Antifa Bolshevik vandals disrespecting private and government property.
There is a peril in trying to guess how historical figures would react to contemporary events but since you obviously know nothing about Robert E Lee let me just say he was an honorable Virginia gentleman of the 19th century who did not really participate in politics at all after the war and kept his opinions to himself One thing I do remember about him that came to light in his letters was that he did not like war monuments apart from cemeteries. As far as I can remember this is the only verifiable opinion available from Lee on this issue.

Robert E. Lee was a real American and a Southern gentleman.

Many black southerners are Southern gentlemen as well.

I'm sure that's not universally recognized, yet it is that way. I suppose it's kind of a nuancy thing.

Some people are so coarse, that's just not not how some of us are.

Robert E Lee would utterly despise these Nazi scumbags clustering around his monuments.
Yes, he sure would have despised those Antifa Bolshevik vandals disrespecting private and government property.
There is a peril in trying to guess how historical figures would react to contemporary events but since you obviously know nothing about Robert E Lee let me just say he was an honorable Virginia gentleman of the 19th century who did not really participate in politics at all after the war and kept his opinions to himself One thing I do remember about him that came to light in his letters was that he did not like war monuments apart from cemeteries. As far as I can remember this is the only verifiable opinion available from Lee on this issue.

There is no peril in saying great Americans were not bolshevicks and would have had little sympathy. There is no peril in saying that a man of action such as lee was have not stood still while people screaming "kill whites" looted and burnt buildings and toppled small community statues.

In fact we don't have to guess. In 1858 a lunatic names John Brown attacked Harpers Ferry to kill whites and start a slave rebellion. General Lee fell on him like a load of bricks at the head of United States marines and killed or captured the entire force in less than three minutes.

Last edited:

What authority did the federal government have to revoke his citizenship in the first place?

What authority did the federal government have to revoke his citizenship in the first place?
I'm not sure. Maybe it had something to do with his allegiance to the Confederate States of America.

But the felony is still on his record.

Think about that. Lee wouldn't be able to legally own a fire arm

All of these attacks on Confederate monuments are originating from outside the South. In 2017, in my travels, I find that Blacks and Whites are generally more cordial and respectful of one another in the South vs. The rest of US. In metro areas of cities such as Boston, NY, Phil, Balt, DC, Chicago, Milwaukee, LA, etc., there is more inherent segregation ( created from both sides), distrust, animosity, etc.

I would argue that despite the legacy of fighting to hold onto slavery and Jim Crow, the South has healed from a race relations perspective vs the areas I mentioned where relations are getting worse.

Forum List

Back