October 1978: Jimmy Carter & Both Democrat House And Senate Restores Citizenship To Jefferson Davs

Steve_McGarrett

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2013
Once again, I find another gem of information. Here we have both the Democrat controlled House and Senate restoring the citizenship of Jefferson Davis, the former President of the Confederate States of America. Why was it done? Democrat President Jimmy Carter explained at the time as referenced below and documented:

[General Robert E. Lee's citizenship was restored in 1976. It is fitting that Jefferson Davis should no longer be singled out for punishment.

Our Nation needs to clear away the guilts and enmities and recriminations of the past, to finally set at rest the divisions that threatened to destroy our Nation and to discredit the principles on which it was founded. Our people need to turn their attention to the important tasks that still lie before us in establishing those principles for all people.]

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=29993

Actions - S.J.Res.16 - 95th Congress (1977-1978): A joint resolution to restore posthumously full rights of citizenship to Jefferson F. Davis.

Last edited:
Is it suppose to be a big deal?
Apparently only if you saw republicans did it. Which is the point and of course you made his point perfectly.

Since we all know you won't get the point he made, I will tell you. The point is you and the rest of you losers do not actually stand for anything. You are nothing but loud hypocritical gasbags.

You all keep proving every day here and this is more proof.

As it is, we already know the only thing you care about are the "white" slave owners. Not the native American tribes that fought for the confederacy and also owned slaves. You sure as shit don't care that negro people also owned slaves.

We know you did not know that, and now that you do, you will ignore it and go back to the colors narrative the Pravda media propagates.

As they promote the Bolsheviks (ANTIFA) and see our country get torn apart by that same pathetic narrative.

I know All of this is going over your head. Now, back to your puppet strings asshole. In other words, the narrative as put out the main stream. TEAR DOWN THOSE STATUES!!!!

Apparently only if you saw republicans did it. Which is the point and of course you made his point perfectly.

Since we all know you won't get the point he made, I will tell you. The point is you and the rest of you losers do not actually stand for anything. You are nothing but loud hypocritical gasbags.

You all keep proving every day here and this is more proof.

As it is, we already know the only thing you care about are the "white" slave owners. Not the native American tribes that fought for the confederacy and also owned slaves. You sure as shit don't care that negro people also owned slaves.

We know you did not know that, and now that you do, you will ignore it and go back to the colors narrative the Pravda media propagates.

As they promote the Bolsheviks (ANTIFA) and see our country get torn apart by that same pathetic narrative.

I know All of this is going over your head. Now, back to your puppet strings asshole. In other words, the narrative as put out the main stream. TEAR DOWN THOSE STATUES!!!!
I am from Oklahoma dumbass.. I know all about the tribes that joined the Confederacy..Next time you speak to me don't make yourself look like a derp by assuming you can pigeonhole me...You don't know me..In 1976 we were celebrating our nation's 200th birthday and it was a busy year for me as a student/athlete and I also had to work to help feed the family.. So if Lee got his citizenship then congrats but as far as you and the other sides fucking hassle with it I don't give a damn about the issue since I am neither pro or anti...Shove it where the sun don't shine buddy.....

Absolutely! Just like my Robert E. Lee thread.
Ok, in 1976 I was too busy being 15 to notice..
Slavery ended in 1865!!! Robert E Lee died in 1870 and your pathetic party won't shut the fuck up!!!

LOL!!!!

God, do they have any control over how hypocritical they allow themselves to get?
I do not have a party drool boy...I am an independent and have been since making the mistake of being young and naive to trust what Reagan said and voted for him...

• Banned
Slavery ended in 1865!!! Robert E Lee died in 1870 and your pathetic party won't shut the fuck up!!!

LOL!!!!

God, do they have any control over how hypocritical they allow themselves to get?
I do not have a party drool boy...I am an independent and have been since making the mistake of being young and naive to trust what Reagan said and voted for him...
You've been a lost soul it seems.

LOL!!!!

You've been a lost soul it seems.
He then claims he knew all of that about the natives, he sees his moronic party that he claims he does not belong to (lol) brings up slavery every fucking day that ended in 1865, and now he claims this happened in 1976 and that is all of a sudden "ancient history."

LOL!!!

Did you get all of that?

BTW, the fact that he "knows" native Americans owned slaves and fought for the confederacy as he defends the tearing down of statues of ONLY THE WHITE PEOPLE....makes him even a bigger loser.

He has no idea!!

LOL!!

Last edited:
Once again, I find another gem of information. Here we have both the Democrat controlled House and Senate restoring the citizenship of Jefferson Davis, the former President of the Confederate States of America. Why was it done? Democrat President Jimmy Carter explained at the time as referenced below and documented:

[General Robert E. Lee's citizenship was restored in 1976. It is fitting that Jefferson Davis should no longer be singled out for punishment.

Our Nation needs to clear away the guilts and enmities and recriminations of the past, to finally set at rest the divisions that threatened to destroy our Nation and to discredit the principles on which it was founded. Our people need to turn their attention to the important tasks that still lie before us in establishing those principles for all people.]

Jimmy Carter: Restoration of Citizenship Rights to Jefferson F. Davis Statement on Signing S. J. Res. 16 into Law.

Actions - S.J.Res.16 - 95th Congress (1977-1978): A joint resolution to restore posthumously full rights of citizenship to Jefferson F. Davis.
A mistake

Jimmy Carter: Restoration of Citizenship Rights to Jefferson F. Davis Statement on Signing S. J. Res. 16 into Law.

A mistake
Not in the slightest. The truth prevails!

Forum List

Back