** Attention: logo/banner contest! **

nbdysfu said:
I gave it a go. I was looking for a better font for the USMB Title, but right now it's just agency FB. I substituted a swedish girl playing a fender for the Sir Evil tribute :thup:. Any suggestions?

I like it! All color appeals to me! Still think the WTC towers should be included...but that's me! Think you need to include the URL!

I like it! All color appeals to me! Still think the WTC towers should be included...but that's me! Think you need to include the URL!

A picture of the towers is located directly below the "People" in the constitution, the firefighters marching with flags is from a memorial parade in NYC, and then there is a picture of the initial flag raising at the WTC site.
The flag on the left is the original flag and the one on top of it is the one that was planted on the apollo 17 moon mission. Then there's a picure of mt. shasta and some amber waves.
I don't have a web address currently so I can't supply a URL. Is that what you meant?

Here's another one, just for fun.

nbdysfu said:
A picture of the towers is located directly below the "People" in the constitution, the firefighters marching with flags is from a memorial parade in NYC, and then there is a picture of the initial flag raising at the WTC site.
The flag on the left is the original flag and the one on top of it is the one that was planted on the apollo 17 moon mission. Then there's a picure of mt. shasta and some amber waves.
I don't have a web address currently so I can't supply a URL. Is that what you meant?

Here's another one, just for fun.

Thanks, sorry I didn't look closely enough on WTC. Url: http://usmessageboard.com/

Kathianne said:
NEVER HIT IN THE HEAD! Sorry teacher talk! You're welcome!

It makes me smarter eyrve tmei I do it :)

Here's one with a URL on it, and also a full res version so you can look at the details, although I still had to reduce the file size. I tried doing the url in flash so you could click on it and go to the front page and it works nicely but the problem is I haven't found a license yet. I could probably rig it so that you could scroll the last posted to threads in the black bar where the web address is, if I found a license and if Jim uses php:

nbdysfu said:
It makes me smarter eyrve tmei I do it :)

Here's one with a URL on it, and also a full res version so you can look at the details, although I still had to reduce the file size. I tried doing the url in flash so you could click on it and go to the front page and it works nicely but the problem is I haven't found a license yet. I could probably rig it so that you could scroll the last posted to threads in the black bar where the web address is, if I found a license and if Jim uses php:

The 2nd is awesome, add url or am I missing?

Kathianne said:
The 2nd is awesome, add url or am I missing?

You mean the ted kennedy one?

attachment.php

to recap. My two submissions are:

attachment.php

and

attachment.php

Ok. Really got to get going this time. Congratulations to the winner.

nbdysfu said:
to recap. My two submissions are:

attachment.php

and

attachment.php

Ok. Really got to get going this time. Congratulations to the winner.
I really like the second one although the font on the tag line creeps me out. By the way, is that you?

Can you make a few changes:

- delete the guitar player so that there is room under the banner photos...
- move the address (www.usmessageboard.com) to the left hand side and change the font...can you do something like addled or arial?
- change the font of the "where your voice counts" to something similar? in red?

Moi said:
Can you make a few changes:

- delete the guitar player so that there is room under the banner photos...
- move the address (www.usmessageboard.com) to the left hand side and change the font...can you do something like addled or arial?
- change the font of the "where your voice counts" to something similar? in red?

Also, it's just a bit too long for the top of the board. Looks like you have it at 1005x100.

Can you change the length to fit the top of the board, and lower the height to about 90 without losing quality?

The width of the top of the board appears to be variable. What pixel width would you prefer?

I'll be moving for the rest of the day so I won't be able to respond until later tonight. :banana:

nbdysfu said:
The width of the top of the board appears to be variable. What pixel width would you prefer?

I'll be moving for the rest of the day so I won't be able to respond until later tonight. :banana:

I really don't have a preference, but what I see of yours it would be best at about 900x90.

Ok. What a day. Break lights weren't working on the van I was using. Made three trips to a storage shed across town. Nor was there any oil in the engine when I started her up. Old piece of junk. Moving your roommate's stuff in pea soup humidity = olympic sport, next stop athens.

Updates:
900x90 res
changed http font to "bullpen italic"
changed http font color to red
changed voice font to "bring tha noise"
took out the guitar player
added picture of bush

I really like the second one although the font on the tag line creeps me out.
The font on the tag line is too gothy?

By the way, is that you?
No not me. The guy blowing a cloud into the disembodied head of ted kennedy is the lead singer of the flaming lips, an anti-war band, who in reality was blowing out a cloud of some unknown substance at a live show. The protester next to him was from an anti-war rant site I found. The men pictured behind the WTC are none other than Jaques Chirac and Saddam Hussein touring the french built Osirak nuclear reactor in Iraq. Hence the tag line is more emphatic.

updates:
changed fonts to less scary stuff

nbdysfu said:
Updates:
900x90 res
changed http font to "bullpen italic"
changed http font color to red
changed voice font to "bring tha noise"
took out the guitar player
added picture of bush

Looks like we have a winner!

Although I liked what was being posted by -=d=-, Dfresh & nbdysfu, only nbdysfu was coming back and making timely revisions. The contest was actually supposed to end on saturday evening.

nbdysfu - I am going to send you a PM covering payment. Although I'm going to put the current banner up, I would like one last revision, and this too will be discussed in the PM.

Congratulations, nbdysfu! :)

Forum List

Back