** Attention: logo/banner contest! **

jimnyc

Aug 28, 2003
New York
On of our members (-=d=-) was kind enough to make the current logo at the top of the board. I'm now looking to find something permanent to replace it. I've been dealing with a few companies to have a custom logo made but I haven't been satisfied with any results as of yet. Being that most of these smaller end companies charge from $10-25 dollars, I figured it would be cool to have a contest here on the board for those interested and make the prize $25. Here is a portion of what I asked the companies to make:

I want the left half of the banner to be pictures and the right half to be cool text. I would like the left half to incorporate the Statue of liberty, The American Flag, US soldiers or maybe a picture of the Iwo Jima memorial and possibly a picture of the declaration of independence. I would rather the pictures run into one another in a stylish manner as opposed to 4 block pictures side by side.

For the text half, I would like it to stylishly say “UnitedStatesMessageBoard.com” with “Where your voice counts!” underneath, but on an angle (from bottom left towards upper right).

I'll run the contest for 7 days from this initial post. The winner will receive the funds via paypal. Just post your entry here and be prepared for some critique and to make some revisions! Those that aren't 'artsy' like me are free to throw in comments and advice to what they would like to see on the top of the board.

Once a decision has been made, and funds transferred, all rights and logo become property of the USMB. Final entry must be a .gif file. All supporting .psd files used to make the logo (if any) must be transferred with the logo.

I will make the final decision as to who wins, although user input will definitely make an impact on the decision.

Feel free to ask any questions. Good luck!

jimnyc said:
Excellent! I'll have to look at it more, but I honestly can't see any faults with it at the moment!

I'm thick-skinned, so don't be afraid to sharp-shoot it; I'll build it to please the customer :)

-=d=- said:
I'm thick-skinned, so don't be afraid to sharp-shoot it; I'll build it to please the customer :)

I think it would be good to try to find a better picture of the Statue of Liberty. That one's a bit grainy. Other than that, I love it.

gop_jeff said:
Why would it say "unitedstatesmessageboard.com" when the URL is "usmessageboard.com?"

That's a good question! LOL I guess my brain had taken a brief hiatus.

Darin, can you revise it to "usmessageboard.com"?

-=d=- said:
first shot...well, 2nd..but yeah..1st. :)

Hey, helpful criticism, buddy. The American flag blending in with the soldier was a sudden change of color, which can be unpleasing. Maybe you'd want to blend them together more gradually, or select a differant image for the soldier. Great banner!

I like the one from d fresh and the one from --d--. the one from d fresh is hard to see due to very dark contrast (or maybe it's just my computer?) but has a better flag/status of liberty...I like the right hand side of the one from --d--...perhaps a blend is in order?

A true melting pot so to speak!

Forum List

Back