Atmospheric cabon exceeds point of no return: It's over

RANDY-MARSH-quotes-global-warming.jpg

And you of course imagine yourself in the half that stays...amiright?

The best form of population control is no population control.

I am not advocating genocide here, although the world would be better off if all the system whores bit the dust.

And you of course imagine yourself in the half that stays...amiright?

The best form of population control is no population control.

I am not advocating genocide here, although the world would be better off if all the system whores bit the dust.

Still, I'm asking if you can envision yourself in the half that world will be better off without?

What going past 400 ppm of CO2 and 1800 ppb of CH4 means is not doom, but a poorer world for our grandchildren and their descendents. Yes, we had that amount in our atmosphere about 4 million years ago, and things were just fine. But that level did not occur overnight, geologically speaking. In fact, the rate of change at present for GHGs exceeds that of the periods of extinctions in geologic history. Even were we able to go back to the point of not adding GHGs to the atmosphere in the next two decades, what is already there will change our climate for tens of generations.

but the libs are attacking the WRONG problem. The problem is pollution, not man made climate change.

the tie between pollution and climate is bullshit. Attack pollution, forget the hoax of AGW.

I do not care about that..

The land is being torn up for highways, factory farms, nuclear power plants, and urban development projects. Our natural resources are being plundered without consideration, and both soil and water quality degrade overtime.

That is what I can observe with my own eyes.

Oh for Chrissakes, smoke another joint and calm the fuck down.

Oh for Chrissakes, smoke another joint and calm the fuck down.

Did you have something to add, or were you just upset that I was outcrying the destruction of the environment?

I'll let you get back to arguing over which progressive politician should be your next master.

Mother earth is salvageable

Few are willing to make the necessary sacrifices.

Well, killing all humans isn't a viable option to most people. Particularly ones who work hard to beautify the world around us.

From the Iron Mountain Report that was leaked in 1967. It was a report that JFK commissioned just before his assassination wanting to know this particular set of experts thought the world would look like and what type of problems would be faced if there was no longer war.

"Nevertheless, an effective political substitute for war would require "alternate enemies," some of which might seem equally farfetched in the context of the current war system. It may be, for instance, that gross pollution of the environment can eventually replace the possibility of mass destruction by nuclear weapons as the principal apparent threat to the survival of the species. Poisoning of the air, and of the principal sources of food and water supply, is already well advanced, and at first glance would seem promising in this respect; it constitutes a threat that can be dealt with only through social organization and political power. But from present indications it will be a generation to a generation and a half before environmental pollution, however severe, will be sufficiently menacing, on a global scale, to offer a possible basis for a solution.

It is true that the rate of pollution could be increased selectively for this purpose; in fact, the mere modifying of existing programs for the deterrence of pollution could speed up the process enough to make the threat credible much sooner. But the pollution problem has been so widely publicized in recent years that it seems highly improbable that a program of deliberate environmental poisoning could be implemented in a politically acceptable manner."

However unlikely some of the possible alternate enemies we have mentioned may seem, we must emphasize that one must be found, of credible quality and magnitude, if a transition to peace is ever to come about without social disintegration. It is more probable, in our judgment, that such a threat will have to be invented, rather than developed from unknown conditions. For this reason, we believe further speculation about its putative nature ill-advised in this context."

Well, killing all humans isn't a viable option to most people. Particularly ones who work hard to beautify the world around us.

Or we could start with practical measures, like no longer spending a fortune to sustain old people for several more years of life.

Lol what an asshole.

"Too many people in this world, half need "to go"...but not me, I'm awesome"

I am pretty awesome, by virtue of the fact that I do not support systematic exploitation of human beings.

Imagine the same scenario, but 90% of the world happened to be Nazi fascists. That is the best equivalency I can come up with at the moment.

Forum List

Back