Atlantic hurricane season - a record-breaking dud?

Global Warming (CC), where is thy sting?

Atlantic hurricane season - a record-breaking dud?

(Reuters) - The 2013 Atlantic hurricane season, which forecasters had predicted would be more active than normal, has turned out to be something of a dud so far as an unusual calm hangs over the tropics.

Is it over already?

1/2 over, read the article.

Well, according to my weather station, the Atlantic season doesn't usually get going strong until late August. But, I have to say, I am more than happy to see each day go by without a threat even though I live near Tampa and we are usually lucky and get skirted by most of the storms.

Whenever a major storm goes through someone is hurt, suffers property damage or is killed. I can live with the forecasters being wrong!

Immie

You guys do understand you are pointing out a tiny thing vs looking at the global picture, I guess the fact the the entire scientific community not even debating if its happening any more cause its fact, what is wrong with you rwingers, hey let's invore science, your the joke

It is not a matter of what the scientific community is believing. They predicted a terrible hurricane season, they now admit their prediction was wrong.

Now some say that the anti-GW hysterics side is bought by big oil. In my opinion big oil could care less. The price has doubled since Obama yet they are selling more big trucks then ever. But who is really threatened by the GW theory? The scientists that receive grants for producing the studies that confirm what the government believes.

That all said, at no time have I ever been told what the temperature of the Earth should be, only, apparently, colder.

That said, I have argued for years that warmer is better then colder, no one has convinced me other wise and as long as the predictions keep coming up wrong I am not worried.

Besides I heard the same in the 70s except it was a coming ice age. They predicted that we would be out of oil way before now and we have more then ever.

You guys do understand you are pointing out a tiny thing vs looking at the global picture, I guess the fact the the entire scientific community not even debating if its happening any more cause its fact, what is wrong with you rwingers, hey let's invore science, your the joke

^^^See? I told you you couldn't escape from them.

You didn't believe me, did you...:badgrin:

A hurricane season that has no hurricanes is a small thing? Really?

And the other thing they won't admit to? The entire PLANET is saturated with CARBON...even our bodies...:eusa_shhh: Carbon is the most abundant element....so much for their "science".

carbon is actually THE BASE of life on this planet.

And CO2 is an integral part of it.

^^^See? I told you you couldn't escape from them.

You didn't believe me, did you...:badgrin:

A hurricane season that has no hurricanes is a small thing? Really?

Absolutely!

Anything that contradicts the theory of man made global warming is heresy and is punishable by being labeled "anti-science" or "shills for Big Oil".

Everything that instills any doubt whatsoever is obviously the smallest of things.

While conversely the tiniest glimmer of evidence that in some insignificant way can be spun to support man made global warming is galacticly immense.

Are you not getting the memos?

The OP obviously doesn't understand the difference between climate and weather.

Oh gosh the standard come back put in the wrong discussion.

The OP is talking about the difference between reality and prediction.

The GW fear is built on prediction, not reality.

Weather is what determines a climate, BTW.

Per the cult, it's like this:

Climate: Any atmospheric phenomenon that supports AGW.

Weather: Any atmospheric phenomenon that contradicts AGW.

No-

Climate- the state of weather over a period of time in a given area.

Weather - a transitory one day thing, such as "Gee, it's cold today, Global Warming must be a hoax because the Oil Companies said so."

95% of CLIMATE scientists think AGW is real.

Joe obviously doesn't want to accept that AlGore lied to him...and that he swallowed it hook, line, and jizz.

I don't have an opinion on Al Gore one way or the other.

I can look out my window and see 90 degree days in September or January without snow and see... oh, yeah, the Climate HAS changed from when I was growing up 40 years ago.

(Incidently, I think Al Gore had a tendency to exaggerate because he was unable to articulate why the real effects are a bad thing.)

There are no real effects, its as it always is, cyclical.

Psssssst.....it ain't warming.

95% of CLIMATE scientists think AGW is real.

not true
Climate Consensus and ?Misinformation?: A Rejoinder to Agnotology, Scientific Consensus, and the Teaching and Learning of Climate Change - Online First - Springer
Their definition of climate ‘misinformation’ was contingent upon the post-modernist assumptions that scientific truth is discernible by measuring a consensus among experts, and that a near unanimous consensus exists. However, inspection of a claim by Cook et al. (Environ Res Lett 8:024024, 2013) of 97.1 % consensus, heavily relied upon by Bedford and Cook, shows just 0.3 % endorsement of the standard definition of consensus: that most warming since 1950 is anthropogenic.

Just 0.3 % of the papers specifically endorsed that position.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back